What do you want to see the most in EoD? - [Merged]

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:nothing above water is done properly so why even fix the one thing that is even harder to fix...

Everything above water is perfect. Combat and gameplay.

the game feels deadthe map is horribly constructedthe combat conflicts with the targeting systemthe weapon skills are way to flashy without actually making them usefulwith the release of both HoT and PoF walking anywhere from a long distance has become a useless acthearts make an area completely useless ones completedimmersion doesn't exist at all

tell me, what part of that is "perfect"

Where is the map horribly constructed?Too flashy? What?Walking is a useless act?What?Hearts make areas useless ones completed? What?

@Hesione.9412 said:As long as they can juggle the current development with underwater developments, I would love it.

I like underwater content. I also liked it in Monster Hunter Tri/3U.But it doesn't change that the majority of people (at least based on the ones that voice their opinion on this matter) don't like it.

I do hope they take the opportunity to give us the Largos, Quaggan and Krait homelands and dealing with the Deep Sea Dragon I imagine there will be some chunks of underwater content.I think the most important thing to do if we are going to get underwater content is to make underwater combat as good as it is on land.If we do get underwater sections of maps I imagine they wont be small so while skimmer is nice I'd like to see a new mount that can dive and swim like girffon can dive and fly in the sky.

I don't think we'll get new elites or weapons focusing on underwater combat. If anything I'd hope they introduce the underwater weapons as on land weapons trough a couple elite specs and rework the combat so you don't have separate weapons on land and in water.

@Crono.4197 said:

• no
  • maybe
  • maybe
  • no
  • maybe
  • no

No idea why people don't like the current underwater combat. I find it enjoyable. Other games don't even have an underwater combat, let alone one of the level of the Guild Wars 2 one.

Guildwars 2 is about positioning, dodging and a lot of skills have groundtargeting.2 things here are very hard underwater:1) Judging how far away something is2) Aiming at something in 3D

While I dont really mind underwatercombat now and then, having more than 1 fractal at t4 (so 1/25) would alrdy feel like a chore.

I'm not sure why people are assuming that there will be all that much underwater content in the expansion.

Plus, underwater cities doesn't make sense when Cantha is pretty much all human. Underwater specs are a waste due to how little underwater combat there is in the game. It'd be better for them to simply improve underwater combat in general for all classes although there's still the issue with there being so little of it to begin with.

I think EoD really needs:1) To add another weapon to all Elite Specs.2) Add Tengu.3) Make a Racial Specialization Trait Line so racial skills can be on par with prof. skills.4) Revamp Revenant to use Racial Skills and provide a non-legend stance.5) Make personality more meaningful in the game.6) Create a Guild vs Guild game style.7) Reintroduce LW 1

1 Fishing !!2 Rework skills and contr skills make spam strategy uselss3 make more stats dependably gameplay, and less skill dependably dps value4 add legendary armory only for EOD owners5 make new location Tyria level, not so hot as hot or pof.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It'd be better for them to simply improve underwater combat in general for all classes although there's still the issue with there being so little of it to begin with.It's a circular issue. There seems to be little point in improving underwater combat, because there's so little of it. At the same time there seems to be little point in introducing more underwater content, as long as underwater combat is in its current, half-finished state.

Think of it differently - improving underwater combat would allow Anet to introduce more of underwater content into the game.

The game that shall not be named did this, an underwater zone. Some classes had it much easier than others due to certain skills and abilities. then there was the whole spatial disorientation thing. But they added underwater mounts that made getting around fun. I dont know much about the original GW, but I assume it wasnt all underwater. There are a few ways to do this I think, maybe a vast underwater cavern system that contains a city and bases in giant air pockets that you swim to underwater. Or maybe Islands strung together but far enough apart you have to get in the water to get to. I dont know, I usually hate underwater combat, its not as bad as some games but still feels sluggish and somewhat disorienting to me.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:nothing above water is done properly so why even fix the one thing that is even harder to fix...

the game feels dead

...no, it doesn't.

the map is horribly constructed

Which one? In what way?

the combat conflicts with the targeting system

How?

the weapon skills are way to flashy without actually making them useful

Nah, way too broad claim to be somehow universally true.

with the release of both HoT and PoF walking anywhere from a long distance has become a useless act

What do you mean by that?

hearts make an area completely useless ones completed

How? There are still events in those maps. There are still mobs, drops, xp and whatever else is in other mmorpgs. So... how exactly do "hearts make an area completely useless once completed"?

immersion doesn't exist at all

You were "just" complaining in another thread that a HoT map "isn't immersive" and you based that on the fact that you couldn't safely afk in the middle of the jungle. Are you sure you know what that word means?

• Confused 1

@LilSpark.4567 said:

the game feels deadthe map is horribly constructedthe combat conflicts with the targeting systemthe weapon skills are way to flashy without actually making them usefulwith the release of both HoT and PoF walking anywhere from a long distance has become a useless acthearts make an area completely useless ones completedimmersion doesn't exist at all

tell me, what part of that is "perfect"

and tell me why u play this game? :)

as excuses go, this one is getting really old.

Elite specs are the thing I want to see because it is new way to play your characters, plus they offer new backgrounds for you characters and lores regarding those specs.

The second thing is housing but I would be happy however with seeing scribe being upgraded to 500, unlocking racial decos and allowing using scribing in home instances.

I want to see an alchemy based engineer elite spec, please.

We have the mechanic archetype with scrapper and the scifi archetype with holosmith.But alchemy and chemical warfare are completely unexplored in the elite specs, even if it is one of the major themes of the engineer.

Optimize the engine!

@Chrysaliss.8720 said:Definitely an egnine upgrade. Imo it is the no. 1 thing, that kept GW2 from growing. Native DX12 support and multi core cpu utilization should be highest priority for EoD.Its nice to have new content, classes, races etc, but what good does it do if the game runs like kitten even on nodern systems?

So much this! Its 2021 can we get DX12 and multi core please! All the content in the world means little if you have a multi core processor and the game only chugs one core for the most part. This is the only game I have played that plays better on outdated rigs lol instead of using the potential of a multicore pc to smooth out everything.

Heart of Thorns included gliding, guild halls, raids, a crafting discipline, and a new character profession. They had a lot of steam for that expansion. I hope they can squeeze more than one thing into End of Dragons, if they can.

I'd definitely choose player housing. I get that there are people not interested in it, but there could be a lot to them if done right. There's a lot of art assets and systems that can be reused for it, which could leave room for development elsewhere. They could also use it as another stream of revenue to help fund the game by selling housing maps. It could be used to boost the cost of specific trading materials for furniture. Trophies for the home could be awarded for personal boss kills, gaining WvW or PvP ranks, and more.

If they had any room to spare for additional features, I'd go for the tengu. It's a lot more risky, as this feature depends upon attracting new players into the game to generate any revenue from it. I don't think it would retain older players. Free to play people might buy expansions for a new race, but there are better reasons to do that. It might get older players that quit the game to give the game another go? Anyways, it's more of a fan pleaser. Definitely something I'd like myself. They should probably do something about tomes of knowledge instantly leveling people's tengu characters to level 80 + 1000 spirit shards before they do a new race, though. A lot of benefit to adding a new race is to increase player engagement to get players out in the world.