GW1 Factions login music for End of Dragons release

Zera.9435

Hey ArenaNet, I have a bit of a farfetched request. You guys by any chance remember that lovely music from the login screen when Factions was released? It would be super awesome if you brought that back for the release of the next expansion. I think it would be amazing if you guys worked with your awesome music team to give it a touch up just like you guys did with the music from the Crystal Oasis that you also used in Glint's Lair the first time we returned there.

For those of you who unfortunately didn't play GW1 (you REALLY missed out), here is the Factions music for reference.

I don't know, I just think it would be amazing to log in to play End of Dragons on day one and hear this music again.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:You technically can hear that music again when playing GW2.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Customized_soundtrack

In case you don’t want to wait.

No, that's not what I am asking. I'm well aware of the customized soundtrack, but that's not what I'm asking them. I'm asking them to give that particular song the same upgrade/remix/whateveryouwanttocallit/treatment like they did for the song from Crystal Oasis. They have talented people working on the music, and I'm just throwing the idea out there for them to consider. I just think it would be lovely.

For me the Factions OST isn't as iconic as the other campaigns (prob becvause it was the weakest camapign of the four for me at the time and thus I have less attachment to it overall), however that is a very nice piece of music and would sound nice worked into the overall EoD OST.

To be honest of all my concerns towards EoD, the soundtrack is the least of them. That team rarely misfires with their work and is a real strength of the game

@"Javonovich.5280" said:Brings back memories. I want to know what happened to the Sorrows Furnace Mini Pack music. It’s some of the best game music I’ve heard, but unfortunately it never made its way into GW2. Here’s a link for those who haven’t had a chance to hear it:

Actually I think I have the whole collection. https://ibb.co/0h0QQbT Would it be ok to share my google drive or a dropbox link here if you want it?

@"Zera Allimatti.2541" said:Hey ArenaNet, I have a bit of a farfetched request. You guys by any chance remember that lovely music from the login screen when Factions was released? It would be super awesome if you brought that back for the release of the next expansion. I think it would be amazing if you guys worked with your awesome music team to give it a touch up just like you guys did with the music from the Crystal Oasis that you also used in Glint's Lair the first time we returned there.

For those of you who unfortunately didn't play GW1 (you REALLY missed out), here is the Factions music for reference.

I don't know, I just think it would be amazing to log in to play End of Dragons on day one and hear this music again.

I would love to have that music on the character selection screen.

That would be cool if they brought it back.I personally prefer Jeremy Soule’s compositions compared to all the music written from LS season 2 till now.

What I do is just have a YouTube playlist of a mixture of GW1 songs, from different expacs.This way I can switch to what ever music I want depending on my vibe or the environment I am playing in.

• Like 1

I would love to see it. GW1 is simply superior to any piece of music from GW2. The GW2 original theme was great, but mostly because it was just a revamped version of GW1 Prophecies theme. HoT was tragic and PoF was so-so.

I don't see the original Factions theme being re-used again, simpyl because it would make Arenanet look lazy. However, the mentioned Prophecies-GW2 original theme revamp-like pathway would be definetely the way to go. Hopefully they do it this way.

• Like 1

it would be great, guild wars faction was by far my favorite game with nightfall. And the music was exceptional, the best in the franchise, it brings me back so many good memories. I don't understand the posts above that say it's the weakest game, it was so above eye of the north..and even gw2

honestly I would be very disappointed if they don't use these musics

• Like 1

@radda.8920 said:it would be great, guild wars faction was by far my favorite game with nightfall. And the music was exceptional, the best in the franchise, it brings me back so many good memories. I don't understand the posts above that say it's the weakest game, it was so above eye of the north..and even gw2

Although i joined just after Factions released, I went from Prophecies then Nightfall when that came out then back to Factions. After Nightfall, Factions felt like a huge step down in both overall quality and the story itself. Kaineng City was something that really took its toll after a while on me with its dull, maze like layout. I know a lot of people I played were less keen on that campaign than the others. It's saving grace for me was Alliance Battles. That was fantastic fun.

It's not a universal opinion of course. Everyone has their favourites and plenty of people still gravitated towards Factions. I found it rather unenjoyable compared to what came after and what preceded it. It will always be the far and away weak point in the original series for me and one I found a chore to replay on alts compared to the others. Nightfall is probably my favourite campaign with EotN and Prophecies tied second for differening reasons

I agree it holds up as a story better than GW2 though, which although has better dialogue, VA and production values, is just a mess of directions and thought processes behind it.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@radda.8920 said:it would be great, guild wars faction was by far my favorite game with nightfall. And the music was exceptional, the best in the franchise, it brings me back so many good memories. I don't understand the posts above that say it's the weakest game, it was so above eye of the north..and even gw2

Although i joined just after Factions released, I went from Prophecies then Nightfall when that came out then back to Factions. After Nightfall, Factions felt like a huge step down in both overall quality and the story itself. Kaineng City was something that really took its toll after a while on me with its dull, maze like layout. I know a lot of people I played were less keen on that campaign than the others. It's saving grace for me was Alliance Battles. That was fantastic fun.

It's not a universal opinion of course. Everyone has their favourites and plenty of people still gravitated towards Factions. I found it rather unenjoyable compared to what came after and what preceded it. It will always be the far and away weak point in the original series for me and one I found a chore to replay on alts compared to the others. Nightfall is probably my favourite campaign with EotN and Prophecies tied second for differening reasons

I agree it holds up as a story better than GW2 though, which although has better dialogue, VA and production values, is just a mess of directions and thought processes behind it.

I understand but cantha is not just about kainengFor me shing jea island, eschovald and the jade sea are some of the most successful areas in terms of atmosphere. Everything is fantastic, artistically speaking and the music really brought a lot of value to these areas.

I also found the story captivating, the cantha lore is rich and shiro is one of the best guild wars antagonists if not the best.and let's not even talk about the rivalry between the luxons and the kurzicks which gave a whole new value to the game in pvp

Beside I find Eye of the North very bland, maps have nothing special and the scenario is limited to an army of a dragon which attacks the allied races. There is almost nothing to exploit around except maybe the lore of the charrs.

For me, eye of the north was the beginning of the decline of guild wars with the arrival of the uninteresting dragons. The only motivating moments in guild wars 2 is when we don't talk about them, so the period of the white mantle, lazarus, balthazar and joko ..I really hope that the expansion will really focus on the cantha story with precision but given the title, I have little hope. it will be summed up to the dragon, the dragon servants and the dragon again and this is the problem of all the guild wars storyline since GWEN.

@radda.8920

That is the main plot line of the EotN expansion, which was just a bridge to GW2, which was supposed to mainly focus on dragons.Not all of GW2s content is surrounded by dragons.The dragon issue will be done with at some point and maybe we will get new story based on something else?It would be cool for them to make Utopia cannon and the story centre around that.

To you EotN is very bland but it is one of my most memorable and favourite places to go.The environments are quite beautiful and diverse with lots of lore and side quests based around many of the different races.

Factions as well is very great in its own and similar ways.I think part of what made it so good is that it’s based in a unique setting and environment that hasn’t really been done before in a fantasy based game, with blends East Asia, Central Asia, South-East Asia and etc.On top of that, Jeremy Soule really has the compositional skill of being able to write music that greatly reflects the land and culture he is writing the music on.

• Like 1

It's probably not so easy as it seems. A lot would depend on the exact wording of the contract between Anet and Soule - it is entirely possible that it originally covered only GW1, so every case of using one of his music scores for GW2 would require a new deal. And if so, knowing Soule's reputation, it's very likely he'd be now asking way too much for them to consider it.

All of the campaigns to me had high points and low points and missions that were either boring or annoying, in fact when i was opening up maps i'd even skip a mission if i didn't need it to progress.Fractions was the most fun because of the pvpve it gave, namely AB, JQ and FA. You had a reason to play those, be it for a title for GWAMM or to claim a town, rather than the meh reason you pvp in this game.Even the small mini missions dotted around were quite fun in their own way.
Hope we get oni.