Spirit Weapons

Crab Fear.1624

@Zephoid.4263 said:Ah right.. all those ppl using hammer, bow, and shield. You know, literally no one. Therefore we need to nerf them.

Ppl use shield excessively, bow is not bad atm for a support but hammer which could be awesome just doesnt hit much. Weapons are decent, nerf sword 100% doesn’t have to be a lot 25% nerf to damage condi + power and shield w.e nerf leave rest of them the same but wouldn’t mind hammer hitting more often

@RedAvenged.5217 said:

@Zephoid.4263 said:Ah right.. all those ppl using hammer, bow, and shield. You know, literally no one. Therefore we need to nerf them.

Ppl use shield excessively, bow is not bad atm for a support but hammer which could be awesome just doesnt hit much. Weapons are decent, nerf sword 100% doesn’t have to be a lot 25% nerf to damage condi + power and shield w.e nerf leave rest of them the same but wouldn’t mind hammer hitting more oftenBut the problem is burn damage so lets nerf power also....

@Math.5123 said:We are finally here people, it took us 8 and a half years. But people are finally complaining about spirit weapons being too strong.

Good riddance.While alot of abilities got nerfed in the febuary patch, there where those that didnt get a damage shave. which made them meta viable, Grenades for example. Sword of justice still uses the same dmg coeff.How long ago an ability was changed or how many times it has been changed is irrelevant to the overall balance. Its just small minded.

This complain from Crab Fear probably stems from SoJ and not all spirit weapons..I dunno at what part of SoJ or its synergistic traits a nerf is best applied, but I think SoJ is a too strong ability today.

@Markri.9475 said:

@"Math.5123" said:We are finally here people, it took us 8 and a half years. But people are finally complaining about spirit weapons being too strong.

Good riddance.While alot of abilities got nerfed in the febuary patch, there where those that didnt get a damage shave. which made them meta viable, Grenades for example. Sword of justice still uses the same dmg coeff.How long ago an ability was changed or how many times it has been changed is irrelevant to the overall balance. Its just small minded.

This complain from Crab Fear probably stems from SoJ and not all spirit weapons..I dunno at what part of SoJ or its synergistic traits a nerf is best applied, but I think SoJ is a too strong ability today.

Well, you're wrong. SoJ is not the issue, eternal armory and permeating wrath are too strong. Decreasing the count or increasing the cd "of spirit weapons" not just SoJ, is not the solution.

The coefficient isn't even high to begin with and it's not used on any power builds (in pvp)

@Math.5123 said:

@Math.5123 said:We are finally here people, it took us 8 and a half years. But people are finally complaining about spirit weapons being too strong.

Well, you're wrong. SoJ is not the issue, eternal armory and permeating wrath are too strong. Decreasing the count or increasing the cd "of spirit weapons" not just SoJ, is not the solution.

The coefficient isn't even high to begin with and it's not used on any power builds (in pvp)

What I said was "I dunno at what part of SoJ or its synergistic traits a nerf is best applied, but I think SoJ is a too strong ability today."I maybe need to clarify that when I say "SoJ is too strong ability", I mean the usage of SoJ we see in the meta, with it's traits/synergies. When someone says steal/swipe is thiefs strongests ability, I just assume they mean traited and how we see the ability in the meta. Since swipe/Steal without traits is pretty garbage.

Wether its used on power builds depends on alot of things. Can a guardian power build afford running SoJ over survivability? I assume they cannot. That doesnt mean SoJ is not strong when they eventually gets enough buffs so that they can afford dropping a utility for SoJ.Wether SoJ dmg coeff is high or not depends what you compare it too. 0.72 per strike is not low imo, considering how it works.As you noted, SoJ is used in PvE. The only difference between the two modes for it is the vuln stack duration 8sec vs 6sec(pvp). So its using the same dmg coeff, and used in pve for its dmg I assume.

As said with my first post though, Im not sure what part of SoJ & its traits/synergies to tackle with a nerf. But as it is now, its too strong (imo).

@Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:just nerf spinning sword

and how?spining sword(SoJ) have 0 problems, its the way it works the full kit that interact to well with spining sword, guard aplies burn by natural 1 every 5 hits if you trait is 1 every 3 and in AoE, thats it, but for the other part they dont have a proper condy weapon set/utilities all is tied to passive justice ticking if you nerf passive justice or traits tied to it you make condi guard inviable, the only other way to nerf Soj for burnguard is reducing the ticks of SoJ but to compensate for power variant every tick have to hurt more

@megilandil.7506 said:

and how?spining sword(SoJ) have 0 problems, its the way it works the full kit that interact to well with spining sword, guard aplies burn by natural 1 every 5 hits if you trait is 1 every 3 and in AoE, thats it, but for the other part they dont have a proper condy weapon set/utilities all is tied to passive justice ticking if you nerf passive justice or traits tied to it you make condi guard inviable, the only other way to nerf Soj for burnguard is reducing the ticks of SoJ but to compensate for power variant every tick have to hurt more

no compensation.

they have 4 casts, with 4 hits each, and each hit applies burning, plus additional burning every 3 or 5 hits.

hyrbid style or even carrion can add stuff up real quick.

NO COMPENSATION.

REDUCE STRIKE, REDUCE AMMO, REDUCE REDUCE, DEUCE DEUCE

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

no compensation.

they have 4 casts, with 4 hits each, and each hit applies burning, plus additional burning every 3 or 5 hits.

NO COMPENSATION.

Yeah, delete guard....There is a lot of more problematic classes that stayed problematic always, but delete guard... because no other variant work in this moment and this one is just a one trick pony

@megilandil.7506 said:

no compensation.

NO COMPENSATION.

Yeah, delete guard....There is a lot of more problematic classes that stayed problematic always, but delete guard... because no other variant work in this moment and this one is just a one trick pony

We all defend our favorite classes cheese, but if dropping some nerfs on these will delete guard, it says much about the state of the game lol

@"Math.5123" said:We are finally here people, it took us 8 and a half years. But people are finally complaining about spirit weapons being too strong.

Good riddance.

Let's act like most of the things people use nowadays aren't skills that the Febuary patch missed (Because that's totally what's happening.).

I know you're trying to be funny but you're only giving players (The majority) that don't understand anything more reasons to whine about the game state which is not as bad as they make it out to be.

That's like me saying "We're nerfing Renegade? Have we gone that low?" It's such an oblivious and stupid statement, of course were going to nerf it, it didn't get nerfed first off and secondly it was clearly overperforming with Sevenshot becoming a functional skill.

Can we stop with this hypocrisy already? Devs have quite some way to go tuning everything, they didn't fix everything in one single patch. Thanks and stop spreading stupid egocentric statements, that's what truly kills this community, pointless memes.

no compensation.

NO COMPENSATION.

We all defend our favorite classes cheese, but if dropping some nerfs on these will delete guard, it says much about the state of the game lol

You mean the state of PvP and its playerbase that can't handle a PvE skill? Yeah, says a lot.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:I mean, if you stand still in a slow, small radius spinny AOE and get hit by each of its 4 hits --- the issue isn't the said spinny AOE.

Yes let's also pretend guards have no skills forcing them to sit on the traps and eat all its damage if the players had its skill needed to leave said traps on cd due to having to burn it previously. Even if u get out of the trap agoodguard/dh can pull u back in almost instantly assuring ur stuck there.U guards can be as hypocritical as u want and defend ur fotm cheese but its easy for anyone to notice the huge uprising in guard/dh in pvp and its not cuz players have magically decided its now the most fun class lol.

@Shao.7236 said:

Good riddance.

Let's act like most of the things people use nowadays aren't skills that the Febuary patch missed (Because that's totally what's happening.).

I know you're trying to be funny but you're only giving players (The majority) that don't understand anything more reasons to whine about the game state which is not as bad as they make it out to be.

That's like me saying "We're nerfing Renegade? Have we gone that low?" It's such an oblivious and stupid statement, of course were going to nerf it, it didn't get nerfed first off and secondly it was clearly overperforming with Sevenshot becoming a functional skill.

Can we stop with this hypocrisy already? Devs have quite some way to go tuning everything, they didn't fix everything in one single patch. Thanks and stop spreading stupid egocentric statements, that's what truly kills this community, pointless memes.

While your statement is true...you simply can't keep nerfing and expect a different result than now, people will still jump on what doesn't get nerfed each patch.......we'll reach a point where there is nothing left to nerf save the name itself of the professions

no compensation.

NO COMPENSATION.

Heard that before.......but looking at everything with magnifying lens ...we can notice how everything is always cheese on the other professions so the nerf threads never stop, once something is nerfed to the ground...people will jump on the next best thing on that same profession and repeat the nerfing crusade process.

Said this before and will say it again : A gaming studio that takes seriously the feedback coming from the playerbase ...it's bound to fail.I can go on this forum and point out the main of each individual and how their bias is so apparent...being adept only at single thing......necros main crying about rangers and thieves........rangers main crying about eles...etc etc etc.....this forum should be renamed The Vale of neverending suffering

@RedAvenged.5217 said:

Ppl use shield excessively, bow is not bad atm for a support but hammer which could be awesome just doesnt hit much. Weapons are decent, nerf sword 100% doesn’t have to be a lot 25% nerf to damage condi + power and shield w.e nerf leave rest of them the same but wouldn’t mind hammer hitting more often

Please, find me a remotely meta build that uses shield.There is no build that uses bow. Healbrand was nerfed out of existence.Spirit Hammer has been bad for literally forever. And it actually got nerfs at one point, despite being straight unused. Just to make sure it never was.Sword has been the only viable one.

Guard is only viable atm because of the CC nerf. Lets bring CC damage back and watch how guard goes back to straight useless. Having little to no stab, no prot, few stun breaks, and little condi cleanse makes a pretty awful build. Burn guard was almost always the bunker breaker and almost every class atm is a bunker due to the lack of damage across the board. Fixing the zero damage CC problem solves a lot of the most UP classes too, as any sort of dps warrior was hit way to hard by that silly change.