Spirit Weapons

Crab Fear.1624

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:just nerf spinning sword

and how?spining sword(SoJ) have 0 problems, its the way it works the full kit that interact to well with spining sword, guard aplies burn by natural 1 every 5 hits if you trait is 1 every 3 and in AoE, thats it, but for the other part they dont have a proper condy weapon set/utilities all is tied to passive justice ticking if you nerf passive justice or traits tied to it you make condi guard inviable, the only other way to nerf Soj for burnguard is reducing the ticks of SoJ but to compensate for power variant every tick have to hurt more

no compensation.

they have 4 casts, with 4 hits each, and each hit applies burning, plus additional burning every 3 or 5 hits.

hyrbid style or even carrion can add stuff up real quick.

NO COMPENSATION.

REDUCE STRIKE, REDUCE AMMO, REDUCE REDUCE, DEUCE DEUCE

A friend of mine joked that getting things nerfed was like [a substance that people consume that may or may not contain kittens] to people on the forums.

This post makes me think he might have been on to something.

...He's also convinced that the forums are controlled by thief mains so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@Zephoid.4263 said:

@Zephoid.4263 said:Ah right.. all those ppl using hammer, bow, and shield. You know, literally no one. Therefore we need to nerf them.

Ppl use shield excessively, bow is not bad atm for a support but hammer which could be awesome just doesnt hit much. Weapons are decent, nerf sword 100% doesn’t have to be a lot 25% nerf to damage condi + power and shield w.e nerf leave rest of them the same but wouldn’t mind hammer hitting more often

Please, find me a remotely meta build that uses shield.There is no build that uses bow. Healbrand was nerfed out of existence.Spirit Hammer has been bad for literally forever. And it actually got nerfs at one point, despite being straight unused. Just to make sure it never was.Sword has been the only viable one.

Guard is only viable atm because of the CC nerf. Lets bring CC damage back and watch how guard goes back to straight useless. Having little to no stab, no prot, few stun breaks, and little condi cleanse makes a pretty awful build. Burn guard was almost always the bunker breaker and almost every class atm is a bunker due to the lack of damage across the board. Fixing the zero damage CC problem solves a lot of the most UP classes too, as any sort of dps warrior was hit way to hard by that silly change.

Are u insane - metabattle.com literally the guard meta be it cheese or not has shield as an option and it’s more often abused than almost all the variants? Some ppl use the bow on supports- I see some ppl use bow on their variants of meta like blackjack a very good guard which is only reason I really mention it. 2/4 spirit weapons are meta 3/4 good 1/4 just don’t work much cuz it’s animation is bad, but this is gw2 and that’s good for most things especially guard.

My statement stands...

@RedAvenged.5217 said:

@Zephoid.4263 said:Ah right.. all those ppl using hammer, bow, and shield. You know, literally no one. Therefore we need to nerf them.

Ppl use shield excessively, bow is not bad atm for a support but hammer which could be awesome just doesnt hit much. Weapons are decent, nerf sword 100% doesn’t have to be a lot 25% nerf to damage condi + power and shield w.e nerf leave rest of them the same but wouldn’t mind hammer hitting more often

Please, find me a remotely meta build that uses shield.There is no build that uses bow. Healbrand was nerfed out of existence.Spirit Hammer has been bad for literally forever. And it actually got nerfs at one point, despite being straight unused. Just to make sure it never was.Sword has been the only viable one.

Guard is only viable atm because of the CC nerf. Lets bring CC damage back and watch how guard goes back to straight useless. Having little to no stab, no prot, few stun breaks, and little condi cleanse makes a pretty awful build. Burn guard was almost always the bunker breaker and almost every class atm is a bunker due to the lack of damage across the board. Fixing the zero damage CC problem solves a lot of the most UP classes too, as any sort of dps warrior was hit way to hard by that silly change.

Are u insane - metabattle.com literally the guard meta be it cheese or not has shield as an option and it’s more often abused than almost all the variants? Some ppl use the bow on supports- I see some ppl use bow on their variants of meta like blackjack a very good guard which is only reason I really mention it. 2/4 spirit weapons are meta 3/4 good 1/4 just don’t work much cuz it’s animation is bad, but this is gw2 and that’s good for most things especially guard.

My statement stands...

I quite literally haven't seen any spirit weapons ever used in the last like 6 months that wasn't someone trying to make Bow work on Healbrand and failing miserably. If metabattle is trying to say any of them are viable beyond sword, then the site is just flat out wrong.

@RedAvenged.5217 said:

My statement stands...

Metabattle has it in the flex slot... with procession of blades in the running for that same slot. Literally everyone complaining about traps on this forum complains about procession, which should give you an idea of where that flex slot is going. The metabattle build is literally taking the 2s of protection on Test of Faith over procession which is.... questionable. There is also only ONE active cleanse on that whole build and contemplation of purity is in that same flex slot. No one is taking shield. I've seen it ONCE in the last 40 games and that was on an pretty awful core guard.

@CutesySylveon.8290 @Zephoid.4263 both of you are wildly wrong shield is one of most heavily abused spirit weapons rn. It has more dps and weakness uptime than necro, as @felix.2386 its good against projectile heavy comps and most popular streamers rn who play dh like naru say that if there’s any projectile ppl on the other team always go shield and that it’s insanely busted rn.

Check yourselves

@RedAvenged.5217 said:@CutesySylveon.8290 @Zephoid.4263 both of you are wildly wrong shield is one of most heavily abused spirit weapons rn. It has more dps and weakness uptime than necro, as @felix.2386 its good against projectile heavy comps and most popular streamers rn who play dh like naru say that if there’s any projectile ppl on the other team always go shield and that it’s insanely busted rn.

Check yourselves

Right... shield has more dps than necro. I'd say it was a good joke, but it isn't.

@Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:I've said this before and i'll say it again:SoJ has a stupidly long animation of a massive, stationary spinning sword. If you're getting hit by all 4 strikes AND failing to cleanse afterwards, that is a l2p issue. You would've died to literally any other class/build

educate me, traited, how many casts does it have?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:I've said this before and i'll say it again:SoJ has a stupidly long animation of a
massive, stationary spinning sword.
If you're getting hit by
all 4 strikes
AND failing to cleanse afterwards
, that is a l2p issue. You would've died to literally any other class/build

educate me, how is number of casts casts relevant if you never get hit by any of them?

People complained about how Scourge turned capture points into zones of death. guard/DH seems to be having similar issues. Weird how people are treating the spirit weapons as if they're in a vacuum and the guard does nothing to try to set it up. I don't think it's a major issue, but imo there are a lot of factors coming together and causing issues - frequency of condi application. CC, traps, and so on. Back to spirit weapons - I can see how the sword could be an issue. For classes that aren't constantly bouncing around the map, or if you're suffering cripple/chill (which is an entirely reasonable thing to happen), it'd take some resources to get out of the spinny thingy and they have...what was it, four of them? And then throw in that guard has some imobs scattered about its kit and things get a little overwhelming with how many times it can go 'spend a ton of resources and be nowhere near the general vicinity of the node or you die'.

I think Zephoid also has a good point. While I don't want to see CC skills hitting as hard as they did, maybe AA level damage would be appropriate

@Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

@Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:I've said this before and i'll say it again:SoJ has a stupidly long animation of a
If you're getting hit by
all 4 strikes

educate me, how is number of casts casts relevant if you never get hit by any of them?

Yeah, cause we have infinite dodges and the goal of conquest isn't to capture points.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

If you're getting hit by
all 4 strikes

Yeah, cause we have infinite dodges and the goal of conquest isn't to capture points.

sword radius is smaller than the node. simply walk out of its AOE

@Curennos.9307 said:People complained about how Scourge turned capture points into zones of death. guard/DH seems to be having similar issues. Weird how people are treating the spirit weapons as if they're in a vacuum and the guard does nothing to try to set it up. I don't think it's a major issue, but imo there are a lot of factors coming together and causing issues - frequency of condi application. CC, traps, and so on. Back to spirit weapons - I can see how the sword could be an issue. For classes that aren't constantly bouncing around the map, or if you're suffering cripple/chill (which is an entirely reasonable thing to happen), it'd take some resources to get out of the spinny thingy and they have...what was it, four of them? And then throw in that guard has some imobs scattered about its kit and things get a little overwhelming with how many times it can go 'spend a ton of resources and be nowhere near the general vicinity of the node or you die'.

I think Zephoid also has a good point. While I don't want to see CC skills hitting as hard as they did, maybe AA level damage would be appropriate

Guard has immobilize scattered around its kit?Apart from a 2s immob on a 20s cd on scepter 3, where do you find the rest?

@Math.5123 said:

@Curennos.9307 said:People complained about how Scourge turned capture points into zones of death. guard/DH seems to be having similar issues. Weird how people are treating the spirit weapons as if they're in a vacuum and the guard does nothing to try to set it up. I don't think it's a major issue, but imo there are a lot of factors coming together and causing issues - frequency of condi application. CC, traps, and so on. Back to spirit weapons - I can see how the sword could be an issue. For classes that aren't constantly bouncing around the map, or if you're suffering cripple/chill (which is an entirely reasonable thing to happen), it'd take some resources to get out of the spinny thingy and they have...what was it, four of them? And then throw in that guard has some imobs scattered about its kit and things get a little overwhelming with how many times it can go 'spend a ton of resources and be nowhere near the general vicinity of the node or you die'.

Guard has immobilize scattered around its kit?Apart from a 2s immob on a 20s cd on scepter 3, where do you find the rest?

Remember, according to these forums, guardian can take 6 trait-lines, including FB & DH simultaneously, 8 weapons, 20 utilities, and 3 different amulets at once.

Nevermind the fact that if you're taking sprit-weapons and traps on your utility bar then you can't be taking shouts/signets/mantras. No, ssshhhhh, don't think about it. Don't apply reasoning. Just complain.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Remember, according to these forums, guardian can take 6 trait-lines, including FB & DH simultaneously, 8 weapons, 20 utilities, and 3 different amulets at once.

Nevermind the fact that if you're taking sprit-weapons and traps on your utility bar then you can't be taking shouts/signets/mantras. No, ssshhhhh, don't think about it. Don't apply reasoning. Just complain.

Yeah, I honestly don't know why I bother

@Math.5123 said:

Despite what you believe, I can actually read dude.

Spirit weapons have a net improvement over the last 8.5 years, or however long you think GW2 has existed.

SO, in addition to the toning down of most everything else, yes, people will complain about the improved or untouched.

Spirit DH is meta.

Jeez... acting like it 2012

I played a ranked game a few hours ago.

I was playing core condi mesmer. I noticed mid was stalemated with a scrapper and core shout guard on the opposing team, so I decided to push into far.

Along the way, I happened to notice the enemy burn DH rotating into mid.

The other 4 members of the enemy team were accounted for, and I was confident I could win the 1v1 if the DH turned around.

Now, pop quiz what do you think I did next?

If you guessed dodge into the center of the node so that I can tank as much trap damage as possible, you would be correct!

The DH comes back in time to find me lieing in a pool of shame. He finishes me off and sets up his trap for the next idio-- victim that comes by.

Not two seconds later my teamate arrives.

Pop quiz, what do you think he did?

If you guessed, dodge into the dead center of the node so that he can take as much trap damage as possible you would be correct again!

The DH didn't even need to hit either of us.

So there I lied with my charr buddy, silently contemplating if I should uninstall.

If there are more people out there who are even half as dumb as me... Well it's no wonder everyone wants DH nerfed ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Despite what you believe, I can actually read dude.

Spirit weapons have a net improvement over the last 8.5 years, or however long you think GW2 has existed.

SO, in addition to the toning down of most everything else, yes, people will complain about the improved or untouched.

Spirit DH is meta.

Jeez... acting like it 2012

I surely hope you can read, and i never insinuated otherwise. The only spirit weapon that might be problematic is the sword, and that's solved by making it hit twice instead of 4 times. Effectively reducing the burn stacks from 5 to 2. Nerfing the rest is just pointless.

It's amazing how i can 1v1 this build with nothing but cleanse sigils. But everyone else seems to tank everything.

@Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

If you're getting hit by
all 4 strikes

sword radius is smaller than the node. simply walk out of its AOE

Some people take "Hold on to your points, seize theirs" so to the word it leads to their deaths.

I am sorry, this could be an unpopular opinion, but there is no need to nerf something that is perfectly balanced because a nerf would end up making spirit weapons mediocre. You can't just ask a nerf on everything you don't like, these weapons have a cooldown already, if they get nerfed something else needs to be buffed to make up for it in order to not upset the balance of the game and someone else is going to call for nerfs on something else. Please provide logs and other evidence to support your claim on why you think they would be so overpowered to need a nerf.

@Kuma.1503 said:I played a ranked game a few hours ago.

I was playing core condi mesmer. I noticed mid was stalemated with a scrapper and core shout guard on the opposing team, so I decided to push into far.

The other 4 members of the enemy team were accounted for, and I was confident I could win the 1v1 if the DH turned around.

If you guessed dodge into the center of the node so that I can tank as much trap damage as possible, you would be correct!

The DH comes back in time to find me lieing in a pool of shame. He finishes me off and sets up his trap for the next idio-- victim that comes by.

If you guessed, dodge into the dead center of the node so that he can take as much trap damage as possible you would be correct again!

So there I lied with my charr buddy, silently contemplating if I should uninstall.

If there are more people out there who are even half as dumb as me... Well it's no wonder everyone wants DH nerfed ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Haha, so true. DH burning is a little high, but they aren't some godly force that can't be stopped.

@Kuma.1503 said:I played a ranked game a few hours ago.

Oh now i know why people hate(ed) DD so much - you can actually dodge through whole trap stack xD