Nerf herald, not dh

Disney.7826

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost an AT against prolly a stacked team and then complain on forum. There is a reason there are no shiro/herald prev in MATs for quite a while. If I remember correctly, even Obindo is forced to play crev in the MOTA. It still requires skill to play tbh, more than many other braidead classes that are still plauging the sPVP environment -- flamethrower, pewpew cthief, any class that abuse trapper rune, and some sort of ranger/druid/ that abuse the fucking retarded immo pet.

@Filip.7463 said:

@Pati.2438 said:@Filip.7463 sure a herald that is glassy as hell is less balanced than a renedate doing 5k damage + on a heal amulet while being on a conditon e-spec xd

Herald glassy?

Herald is not a problem spec...it hasn't been for quite a long time after the off hand sword dmg nerf, what you're complaining about must be renegade running Jalis/shiro or Jalis/Mallyx for PvP....in WvW we have condi herald which still hasn't received nerfs like the PvP counterpart but.......overall both specs become an issue majorly when in company, they can be dealt with somehow on their own

Also you said that heralds are not the problem....did you notice how TOP teams run double renegade and not double herald?....There is a reason for that....

Are people really complaining about Jade Winds again? Feels like a long time since I heard that one. Also it does have a CD, it's just primarily held back from being used again because it costs 50 energy. It's one of the most obvious skills in the game, so a rev player HAS to play mind games by canceling it and making you guess if it's a real cast. If you're eating them raw, it's a you problem. If you fell for a cancel cast, then you got outplayed.

Sword burst is only if you eat two skills back to back that are pretty easy to see coming. Omg a block and an evade! OP! Not. That evade does like 50 damage now and is so easy to dodge or stow attacks because of the ridiculous windup animation.

BTW only one thing you mentioned was actually a Herald thing.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Pati.2438 said:@Filip.7463 sure a herald that is glassy as hell is less balanced than a renedate doing 5k damage + on a heal amulet while being on a conditon e-spec xd

Herald glassy?

Herald is not a problem spec...it hasn't been for quite a long time after
the off hand sword dmg nerf
, what you're complaining about must be renegade running Jalis/shiro or Jalis/Mallyx for PvP....in WvW we have condi herald which still hasn't received nerfs like the PvP counterpart but.......overall both specs become an issue majorly when in company, they can be dealt with somehow on their own

Also you said that heralds are not the problem....did you notice how TOP teams run double renegade and not double herald?....There is a reason for that....

Im not gold, ik what im talking about. If i said herald, i mean herald not rene.Idc about wvw.

Main problem is infuse light - full hp back and not taking damage for seconds.

Also im not talking about 1v1 but teamfight and too fast +1 (tp through wall)

@Filip.7463 said:

+1 through wall is not unique to Shiro : DH can also +1 through walls yu know.

As for Infuse Light, whatever, it seems like so many players are literally playing with their eyes closed to not see the aura or skill bar icon, maybe Anet really needs to apply a stronger aura effect where Infuse Light literally blinds everyone in the game so that they won't hit the Herald when it's active.

Here's some tidbit for yu btw : Infuse Light also heals off Condi.So if yu Condi Burst a Herald, they can turn on Infuse Light to heal off OPGG Burn stacks.It sounds to me that it's more likely that yur playing some Trapper Burn DH, and yur salty that people are using Infuse Light correctly to dab on yur pretty Trap setup.

PS : I just realised yur the same guy who cried so hard for Shiro nerfs while mistaking everything Herald has for a Shiro kit, therefore I can safely assume that yu are extremely inexperienced in the game.

Please learn the game more or even pick up Herald and try it out. Yu will find that there are alot of things Herald cannot do and add that to yur game knowledge.

@Filip.7463 said:

Herald glassy?

Herald is not a problem spec...it hasn't been for quite a long time after
the off hand sword dmg nerf
, what you're complaining about must be renegade running Jalis/shiro or Jalis/Mallyx for PvP....in WvW we have condi herald which still hasn't received nerfs like the PvP counterpart but.......overall both specs become an issue majorly when in company, they can be dealt with somehow on their own

Im not gold, ik what im talking about. If i said herald, i mean herald not rene.Idc about wvw.

Not interested in your rank....

Smart revs will use IL as a semi-invulnerability during teamfights or to avoid certain death, all professions have that sort of skills, do realize that once a herald use IL and does that at the wrong time, it will have close to no defenses against a sudden condi/power burst ( save swapping to shiro and stunbreak/dodge)

Maybe this video will help you out...but I still suggest to make a rev yourself to learn main mechanics/CD...it's just 3 main builds to learn so it's not hard.

Don't take me wrong I make nerf threads too from time to time but I always target specific traits/skill doing more than they need to to do for their intended purpose, other than that I play all professions minus thieves and mesmers which I fought to death for hours, each time I log in...for the last 8 years so I memorized their CD/skill/animation by proxy.

There are things to tone down on rev atm like renegade and condi rev( few changes to wvw version) but power herald is pretty much where it should be, the difference between a good and bad rev is like night and day

@"Kuma.1503" said:QQ Nerf thread template:

"Nerf X. It has [reads off list of pros while willfully ignoring cons]. It's broken and needs a nerf."

Energy costs? Pffff, what energy costs. While we're at it, nerf thief, they have a 900 range teleport (no cd btw).

If you play rev, you should know that Dragon stance has no issues with energy whatsoever, and along with that broken heal skill it is indeed insanely strong. But I would still ask you which are the cons you are talking about ? I will add that I agree that some points that people brought before about 'no cooldowns" are not taking into consideration the energy part which is kinda wrong. BUT with legendary dragon stance spamming weapon skills which have low coolodwns and sometimes are very strong is still doable. I guess it is exactly the real problem: energy management in Glint is very forgiving and I don't know about any cons there. Not talking about the fact that Glint makes you play as a tank with a full glass cannon build, which is also very brokenly strong.

@"Armen.1483" said:If you play rev, you should know that Dragon stance has no issues with energy whatsoever, and along with that broken heal skill it is indeed insanely strong. But I would still ask you which are the cons you are talking about ? I will add that I agree that some points that people brought before about 'no cooldowns" are not taking into consideration the energy part which is kinda wrong. BUT with legendary dragon stance spamming weapon skills which have low coolodwns and sometimes are very strong is still doable. I guess it is exactly the real problem: energy management in Glint is very forgiving and I don't know about any cons there. Not talking about the fact that Glint makes you play as a tank with a full glass cannon build, which is also very brokenly strong.

Oh boyputs on rubber glovestime to perform a surgery on this paragraph.

• Kuma was addressing OP's claims of a 600 range no cooldown AoE CC, aka Jade Winds. (This is false because Jade Winds cost 50 Energy, essentially putting a ~6 second cooldown on not only itself, but any 30 Energy or higher skill on a 3 second cooldown while Energy refills)

• Oh boy, why do everyone have problems with Infuse Light but no problems with Defiant Stance? Ah well, it's up to Anet to up the visual clarity, but it's by no means a "broken skill" since any player with half a brain and at higher levels of play have no issues with this skill. If yu lose to this one skill, yu deserve to stay in pleb tier.

• The whole Rev weaponskills have Low Cooldowns thing is a thing like, 3 years ago. Rev Weaponskills have actual long cooldowns now.The only Rev weapon which has "low cooldowns" is Mace 2 and Mace 3.Don't believe me? Go look it up on the Wiki.But just for benefit for those who are too lazy to open up a new tab : Sword 2 8s, Sword 3 15s, Sword 4 15s, Sword 5 18sIf anything, Rev's Sword/Sword cooldowns have been normalized, and actually puts Rev in a disadvantage from sharing the same resource pool as their Utilities.But maybe this is why Rev still has high burst damage, because they are sacrificing Energy for it.

• Energy Management in Glint is "very forgiving" if yu look at it as if Herald camps Glint.Truth of the matter is if yu use all of Glint actives and are done with Sword Actives, yur basically sitting on a large Energy pool with nothing but Autos and Sword 2 to fill damage. Don't forget, Glint Facets have actual cooldowns like any other class, so what do they do? Swap to Shiro of course, and bam all yur skills have enormous Energy costs.

Oh boy now yu know all of our cons, but for the benefit of the slower players, lemme break down how to beat a Revenant, especially a Power Herald :

• Heralds usually start Shiro in order to use Enchanted Blades and PT to facilitate their gap close and burst.This is the only part where yu can't really counter if yu are getting +1, so welp, suck it up, yu just got +1, do yu really expect to see it coming?

• If a Herald uses a PT > Sword2/Sword 4 combo to jump anyone, they are left essentially dry for 2s there are alot of things yu can do within this 2s.A. counter by throwing a CC (WOOP DE DOO GUESS WHO AUTOMATICALLY COUNTERS A MELEE AGGRESSOR! DRUMROLL PLEASE : Dragon's Maw)B. retaliate with a burstC. LoS the Rev and try to escape

• So now yu survived a majority of the Herald's damage, and yu can start pressuring them because of their low Energy, but they swap to Glint, what do I do?Glint has 1 Stunbreak 2 Actives for damage, and 1 Emergency heal and 1 CC.Goal here is to pressure them into popping their Emergency heal.This is when yu burst with 2 bursts in yur Arsenal.If they use Sword 3, wait for first damage tick and dodge. Yu will negate 80% of the damage from the skill.If they use Sword 5, yu have 10 years to dodge the second hit just by running through their character model, cancelling the second hit. (this is called turning because they are facing their character forward, while their character is trying to turn to hit yu, causing the player to interrupt themselves)

• Oh shid oh fug, the Rev is now in trouble, with about 50% health and no more Infuse Light (provided yur not filling their Health up like a noob).They are now in Shiro after expanding Glint and Infuse Light, which means they are in deep trouble due to not having a proper heal with Enchanted Blades, and only Staff left for defense. They are now on the defense.

This is when yu slap on pressure with auto attacks to force them to use Staff block and Staff 5 to negate their damage.

After they do this, they are basically dead.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Armen.1483" said:If you play rev, you should know that Dragon stance has no issues with energy whatsoever, and along with that broken heal skill it is indeed insanely strong. But I would still ask you which are the cons you are talking about ? I will add that I agree that some points that people brought before about 'no cooldowns" are not taking into consideration the energy part which is kinda wrong. BUT with legendary dragon stance spamming weapon skills which have low coolodwns and sometimes are very strong is still doable. I guess it is exactly the real problem: energy management in Glint is very forgiving and I don't know about any cons there. Not talking about the fact that Glint makes you play as a tank with a full glass cannon build, which is also very brokenly strong.

Oh boy
puts on rubber gloves
time to perform a surgery on this paragraph.
  • Kuma was addressing OP's claims of a 600 range no cooldown AoE CC, aka Jade Winds. (This is false because Jade Winds cost 50 Energy, essentially putting a ~6 second cooldown on not only itself, but any 30 Energy or higher skill on a 3 second cooldown while Energy refills)
  • Oh boy, why do everyone have problems with Infuse Light but no problems with Defiant Stance? Ah well, it's up to Anet to up the visual clarity, but it's by no means a "broken skill" since any player with half a brain and at higher levels of play have no issues with this skill. If yu lose to this one skill, yu deserve to stay in pleb tier.
  • The whole Rev weaponskills have Low Cooldowns thing is a thing like, 3 years ago. Rev Weaponskills have actual long cooldowns now.The only Rev weapon which has "low cooldowns" is Mace 2 and Mace 3.Don't believe me? Go look it up on the Wiki.But just for benefit for those who are too lazy to open up a new tab : Sword 2 8s, Sword 3 15s, Sword 4 15s, Sword 5 18sIf anything, Rev's Sword/Sword cooldowns have been normalized, and actually puts Rev in a disadvantage from sharing the same resource pool as their Utilities.But maybe this is why Rev still has high burst damage, because they are sacrificing Energy for it.
  • Energy Management in Glint is "very forgiving" if yu look at it as if Herald camps Glint.Truth of the matter is if yu use all of Glint actives and are done with Sword Actives, yur basically sitting on a large Energy pool with nothing but Autos and Sword 2 to fill damage. Don't forget, Glint Facets have actual cooldowns like any other class, so what do they do? Swap to Shiro of course, and bam all yur skills have enormous Energy costs.

Oh boy now yu know all of our cons, but for the benefit of the slower players, lemme break down how to beat a Revenant, especially a Power Herald :
  • Heralds usually start Shiro in order to use Enchanted Blades and PT to facilitate their gap close and burst.This is the only part where yu can't really counter if yu are getting +1, so welp, suck it up, yu just got +1, do yu really expect to see it coming?
  • If a Herald uses a PT > Sword2/Sword 4 combo to jump anyone, they are left essentially dry for 2s there are alot of things yu can do within this 2s.A. counter by throwing a CC (WOOP DE DOO GUESS WHO AUTOMATICALLY COUNTERS A MELEE AGGRESSOR! DRUMROLL PLEASE : Dragon's Maw)B. retaliate with a burstC. LoS the Rev and try to escape
  • So now yu survived a majority of the Herald's damage, and yu can start pressuring them because of their low Energy, but they swap to Glint, what do I do?Glint has 1 Stunbreak 2 Actives for damage, and 1 Emergency heal and 1 CC.Goal here is to pressure them into popping their Emergency heal.This is when yu burst with 2 bursts in yur Arsenal.If they use Sword 3, wait for first damage tick and dodge. Yu will negate 80% of the damage from the skill.If they use Sword 5, yu have 10 years to dodge the second hit just by running through their character model, cancelling the second hit. (this is called turning because they are facing their character forward, while their character is trying to turn to hit yu, causing the player to interrupt themselves)
  • Oh shid oh fug, the Rev is now in trouble, with about 50% health and no more Infuse Light (provided yur not filling their Health up like a noob).They are now in Shiro after expanding Glint and Infuse Light, which means they are in deep trouble due to not having a proper heal with Enchanted Blades, and only Staff left for defense. They are now on the defense.

This is when yu slap on pressure with auto attacks to force them to use Staff block and Staff 5 to negate their damage.

After they do this, they are basically dead.

Are you sure no heals at all? in that vid it showed 5 seconds or something on the healing skill, so seems pretty fair for 5k plus possibility to counter melee and ranged attacks.

@Axl.8924 said:Are you sure no heals at all? in that vid it showed 5 seconds or something on the healing skill, so seems pretty fair for 5k plus possibility to counter melee and ranged attacks.

Give timestamp.I'm not digging through a video with like a whole load of team fights in order to single out anything to explain to yu.

1. Teamfight. They have heals from teammates in addition to their own Regen and Siphon.
  2. Condi could be ticking on them while they have Infuse Light.

The part on Siphon is why I mentioned dodging Sword 3.Sword 3 allows them to evade all attacks while slapping yu 5 times, which will proc any Enchanted Blades left over or Battle Scarred.Allowing them the first damage tick and evading the remaining 4 allows yu to deny them this chip healing.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@Axl.8924 said:Are you sure no heals at all? in that vid it showed 5 seconds or something on the healing skill, so seems pretty fair for 5k plus possibility to counter melee and ranged attacks.

Give timestamp.I'm not digging through a video with like a whole load of team fights in order to single out anything to explain to yu.
  1. Teamfight. They have heals from teammates in addition to their own Regen and Siphon.
  2. Condi could be ticking on them while they have Infuse Light.

The part on Siphon is why I mentioned dodging Sword 3.Sword 3 allows them to evade all attacks while slapping yu 5 times, which will proc any Enchanted Blades left over or Battle Scarred.Allowing them the first damage tick and evading the remaining 4 allows yu to deny them this chip healing.

1209 it is shiro though

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Axl.8924" said:

12:08 Decent CD on that heal skill

What's yur point?People gonna just stand around for 30s for Infuse Light to come off cooldown?

Infuse Light is not Shiro.It's Glint aka Herald.

My point is you guys seem to have a lot of everything seems pretty annoying to fight you rev players.

I predict a possible nerf in the future to cds of mobility