Nerf herald, not dh

Disney.7826

@Yasai.3549 said:

I never said that such a thing was good for any class. In fact, I've said nothing but the opposite. GW2 is a silly game, and anybody who takes it seriously or defends its merits as a skill-based environment are deluded.

Skill based to some extent I feel.More of a knowledge based game.

Which is one of the reason why I detest Stealth Spam D/P, because there is literally nothing to see to apply game knowledge to, so yu rely entirely on instict and feeling which is just a silly way to play a game.

But back to Staff Sword/Sword : Sword/Sword does overexpose the Herald, specifically when used in conjuction with Shiro, burning a load of Energy in the process.This leaves them vulnerable to counterattack due to their now depleted resource bar, which makes even swapping to Staff useless for at least 3 seconds.

Only Revenant has this issue though, due to their utilites and weapon skills all costing Energy.Herald however bypasses this with Glint.

Maybe that's the issue most players have against Herald.

I always found it weird that glint has virtually 0 energy costsbut its too late to do anything about it IMO

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Swagg.9236 said:

All you want is another staff except that while evading it also deals thousands of damage. That's all you really want. That's all every GW2 PvP player wants. You want to be insulated from risk and rewarded for doing literally anything.

Then are yu sure yu should be directing yur ire at Revenant?
cough Staff Daredevils cough

I never said that such a thing was good for any class. In fact, I've said nothing but the opposite. GW2 is a silly game, and anybody who takes it seriously or defends its merits as a skill-based environment are deluded.

For once I can say....well said...I would add extremely ..

@Yasai.3549 said:

Skill based to some extent I feel.More of a knowledge based game.

Age of Empires 2 is a knowledge-based game. GW2 is homogenized and vapid. There's little when it comes to fine, mechanical execution, and about as much when it comes to knowing the intricacies of mechanical interactions. Every class uses the same handful of mechanics; class effectiveness is decided more by patch notes than it is by player creativity.

Rev carries harder in high tier and definitely has to be nerfed, but that doesn't mean a condi build that shits out higher burst than any power spike build is good design when condi is supposed to be attrition based damage over time. Burn DH is just dumb, either you have a "get out of jail card" ready and it does not do much except denying the node, or you don't and you get absolutely deleted in seconds.

The two main issues are that a) Permeating Wrath is a dumb trait promoting spamming all your shit on one point and then relying on passive procs to kill stuff and b) Trapper Rune gives waay to much value in the form of Superspeed and Stealth to a build that otherwise be fairly suicidal. Right now the build has some purpose because it denies excessive node camping by bunkers and counters a lot of res cheese, but again these are separate issues that need to be adressed.

@"Falan.1839" said:Rev carries harder in high tier and definitely has to be nerfed, but that doesn't mean a condi build that kitten out higher burst than any power spike build is good design when condi is supposed to be attrition based damage over time. Burn DH is just dumb, either you have a "get out of jail card" ready and it does not do much except denying the node, or you don't and you get absolutely deleted in seconds.

The two main issues are that a) Permeating Wrath is a dumb trait promoting spamming all your kitten on one point and then relying on passive procs to kill stuff and b) Trapper Rune gives waay to much value in the form of Superspeed and Stealth to a build that otherwise be fairly suicidal. Right now the build has some purpose because it denies excessive node camping by bunkers and counters a lot of res cheese, but again these are separate issues that need to be adressed.I agreen on the pw, also guadian play style is simbols making the class spammy by default. If the trait gets nerfed that is needed guardian would need a buff on power.On the other point yes this type of builds counters the cheese rez but the rez traits are now strong because of the lower damage all across the board. Some clases are still over performing they have to do a mega balance patch again to fix this mess.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

IL is not a problem, it's a punishing mechanic for mindless button smashing....the same people who keep claiming that IL is unbalanced are also the same people who claim Full Counter is balanced by comparison.

This is pretty much it. If anything, there should be more mechanics to punish spam, not less. The people whining about these things are usually the people who can be found playing some rotation-based build, like Vanilla condi nec, and then they get upset when their aoe condi spam suddenly starts healing the enemy for some reason leading to ZOMG NERF NOW PLEEZ PLO0X!!

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

IL is not a problem, it's a punishing mechanic for mindless button smashing
....the same people who keep claiming that IL is unbalanced are also the same people who claim
Full Counter
is balanced by comparison.

This is pretty much it. If anything, there should be more mechanics to punish spam, not less. The people whining about these things are usually the people who can be found playing some rotation-based build, like Vanilla condi nec, and then they get upset when their aoe condi spam suddenly starts healing the enemy for some reason leading to ZOMG NERF NOW PLEEZ PLO0X!!

I stop attacking rev when he uses IL, but my teammates (in rank/unrank, not ats) dont stop. How to deal with that?

@Filip.7463 said:

....the same people who keep claiming that IL is unbalanced are also the same people who claim
Full Counter

I stop attacking rev when he uses IL, but my teammates (in rank/unrank, not ats) dont stop. How to deal with that?Add there the aoe , traps and condi you apply or teamates.

@Filip.7463 said:

Full Counter

I stop attacking rev when he uses IL, but my teammates (in rank/unrank, not ats) dont stop. How to deal with that?

This is a very weak argument. Your team fed and you can't do anything about that, just like you can't do anything about bad teammates not rotating properly or running into teamfights one at a time and dying on their own. Bad teammates are bad teammates and will always make the game a nightmare.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Full Counter

This is a very weak argument. Your team fed and you can't do anything about that, just like you can't do anything about bad teammates not rotating properly or running into teamfights one at a time and dying on their own. Bad teammates are bad teammates and will always make the game a nightmare.

They cant nerf rotations but they can nerf skills, am i right?

@Filip.7463 said:

Full Counter

Nerfing a skill because you have bad teammates that can't stop isn't the skills fault.

@Filip.7463 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:

Full Counter

For how superior herald is atm....I still prefer to fight it over some other more "obscure" builds, compared to you...I choose the minor evil, if you ask me between nerfing revenant and buffing other professions like thief ( as you suggest in other thread )...I take the nerfs to herald ty

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Full Counter

Nerfing a skill because you have bad teammates that can't stop isn't the skills fault.

Then return back grenades on holo, its not nades’s fault that u and ur teammates cant misstep or dodge them.

@Filip.7463 said:

Full Counter

Then return back grenades on holo, its not nades’s fault that u and ur teammates cant misstep or dodge them.

its nades problem that it could deal 16k+ aoe dmg on 0,5s cast time on a bruiser class with access to quickness.

@Filip.7463 said:

Full Counter

Infuse Light us designed to punish people who keep attacking it, don't try to compare it to nades. If your team keeps attacking after IL is cast, then IL did what it was designed to do and its the fault of your team, not IL.