Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Rev took thief role


Disney.7826

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pati.2438 said:Thief also isnt fun to play against so nerf both? xD .... no Joke aside xd nerf renegate the biggest pleb kitten ever. nerf daredevil mobility and buff its damage and im fine x)

its fine to play if you play vs thief who not using pistol. If its d/p well its just stealth spam with heartseeker > blackpowder , and nonstop blinds and unblock blinds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Styros.8931 said:can say 100 times more . If you playing d/p p/d stop crying, its broken af and you not supposed to cry about buff thiefs . If you playing non pistol weapon sets, ok understandable

Once again, the guy with absolutely no understanding of thief is here to say pistol is the problem when both sets using the same weapon are completely different and have nothing to do with each other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

that's the thing, there's no +1 anymore, rev is running demolisher, it's a brawler with teleport (also running demo just to flush out thief, berserker rene doesnt stand against thief)it can "+1"but ganking and plusing is entirely gone, not just thief gone, just the entire role is gone from the game, thief is just representation of the role for it dominated in this role for so long.why ganking is gone, because everything is tanky, not worth plusing and has mobility.every single meta builds now has high mobility and very good against ganks. (high aoe uptime and high mobility)simply unplayable for any melee +1 build.

and thief is also unhealthy for the game (why it dominated gank role for so long), i think classes with less teleport/stealth in ganking would be healthier in general

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thief is fine,

the problem right now is the meta builds, who have high mobility and have high aoe uptime that kills off any melee build that dares to approche, like power warrior, will get destroyed.

it's not thief not playable, it's melee not playable, meta builds are anti melee with high mobility, so anti-ganking. kills any melee dps builds.aoe spamming with mobility is strong in this one.

as long as meta become less anti melee and anti gank, thief will be back in no time as the best gank.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just think rev is busted. I dislike the place thief is in, in fact it’s been pepega since for a very long time just swapping between w.e is more cancer at the time. However we do seem to be touching on actual busted issues like short bow mobility which is insane compared to previous nerfs, it just took really killing the classes build diversity.

BUT, just bring rev down and you’ll see things like s/d thief being a really balanced roamer, then again that same dp build suffering atm might be op without rev so idk?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Filip.7463" sure buff mobility .... but then don't cry about thief gets damage nerfed.....

For the one that don't understand my point: Thief as a daredevil get high mobility dodge (give ya swiftness and a dodge that let ya "run" a good amount of range) or a AoE damage dodge (it's good for Staff builds specialy PvE sides). What I want to say daredevil give you access to a speedy dodge role what boost your mobiliy straight up. With his three dodges abiliy it is even more powerfull for sure. So if you just buff its Power damage and rebuff its energy skills it would end as a not touch able 1v1 winning class and this class would be also able to finish a +1 in seconds.(What would be Bad game Design cause that class would be able to simply solo carry the entire Match by running from point to point and kill every Single class on it)

This whole point lead anet to just nerf those Power skills (what directly nerf core thiefs too). After thief Mains want to do at least some damage and the pvp Balance Team isn't allowed to just rework the spec itself, just only numbers (wouldnt be that hard ... simply Remove one dodge bar. just would not hit the pve thief caus even on that build you need to have 0 energy to deal increased damage) they end in just not touch thiefs dps in February Patch that hard but now since the dps is a bit too high they end ub in nerf its mobiliy number wise..... so they nerf mobiliy skills like shortbow 5 and the mobility Signet (that nerf hit daredevil and core thief so its just Bad shit for sure)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Pati.2438 said:@"Filip.7463" sure buff mobility .... but then don't cry about thief gets damage nerfed.....

For the one that don't understand my point: Thief as a daredevil get high mobility dodge (give ya swiftness and a dodge that let ya "run" a good amount of range) or a AoE damage dodge (it's good for Staff builds specialy PvE sides). What I want to say daredevil give you access to a speedy dodge role what boost your mobiliy straight up. With his three dodges abiliy it is even more powerfull for sure. So if you just buff its Power damage and rebuff its energy skills it would end as a not touch able 1v1 winning class and this class would be also able to finish a +1 in seconds.(What would be Bad game Design cause that class would be able to simply solo carry the entire Match by running from point to point and kill every Single class on it)

This whole point lead anet to just nerf those Power skills (what directly nerf core thiefs too). After thief Mains want to do at least some damage and the pvp Balance Team isn't allowed to just rework the spec itself, just only numbers (wouldnt be that hard ... simply Remove one dodge bar. just would not hit the pve thief caus even on that build you need to have 0 energy to deal increased damage) they end in just not touch thiefs dps in February Patch that hard but now since the dps is a bit too high they end ub in nerf its mobiliy number wise..... so they nerf mobiliy skills like shortbow 5 and the mobility Signet (that nerf hit daredevil and core thief so its just Bad kitten for sure)

I dont play thief, i just more liked thief meta than rev. And i think im not the only one who wants traditional thief back...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@RedAvenged.5217 said:I just think rev is busted. I dislike the place thief is in, in fact it’s been pepega since for a very long time just swapping between w.e is more cancer at the time. However we do seem to be touching on actual busted issues like short bow mobility which is insane compared to previous nerfs, it just took really killing the classes build diversity.

BUT, just bring rev down and you’ll see things like s/d thief being a really balanced roamer, then again that same dp build suffering atm might be op without rev so idk?

Balance Rune of Speed along Rune of Resistance and I can guaranteed you the popular builds of Revenants will easily take a hit. (Infuse Light also deserves tweaks but I explained that so many times already.)

I'm fairly confident that they're the problem because without these, neither of these builds have been an issue in my experience and they're typically the defacto that makes it so they're able to survive when I fight them specifically.

Herald Power was in fact dethroned from meta as soon as Leadership was dunked on, while Herald Condi gained popularity with it's lack of nerfs (And tbh wrongly nerfed, not properly.) yet now we have another Rune (Resistance) just carrying both of these builds into easy mode again.

Speed is just too good, too fast. Not meant to be like it is. Makes anything slippery af with it's ability to avoid damage at close that normally would hurt, tweak that and Renegade will sit down soon enough as a high risk high reward rather than medium risk high reward, because currently conditions is still a good counter to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@Styros.8931 said:can say 100 times more . If you playing d/p p/d stop crying, its broken af and you not supposed to cry about buff thiefs . If you playing non pistol weapon sets, ok understandable

Once again, the guy with absolutely no understanding of thief is here to say pistol is the problem when both sets using the same weapon are completely different and have nothing to do with each other.

yes its completly different , BUT . D/P is best power and P/D best condi , there no other weapon sets, literally because pistol giving too much impact in both ways

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its nothing to do with Rev or Thief specifically.

The problem in both PvP and WvW is that too many classes can now just jump all around, port all around, pop in and out of stealth, etc. It was already terrible when it was restricted to just 1-2 classes, but now that everyone can do it, what's the point?

Its like playing ping pong only you don't have any paddles, just your hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Styros.8931 said:

@Styros.8931 said:can say 100 times more . If you playing d/p p/d stop crying, its broken af and you not supposed to cry about buff thiefs . If you playing non pistol weapon sets, ok understandable

Once again, the guy with absolutely no understanding of thief is here to say pistol is the problem when both sets using the same weapon are completely different and have nothing to do with each other.

yes its completly different , BUT . D/P is best power and P/D best condi , there no other weapon sets, literally because pistol giving too much impact in both ways

Except pistol is literally only half the weapon set on each set, and both are also using dagger. S/d also uses dagger, s/p also uses pistol and that one is garbage along with p/p. There is absolutely nothing wrong or overpowered about pistol, you've just created a boogeyman with sweeping generalizations about things because they're the same item despite functioning entirely differently.

Try running p/p, or better yet a pistol in only one slot each and see how far they go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Pati.2438 said:@"Filip.7463" sure buff mobility .... but then don't cry about thief gets damage nerfed.....

For the one that don't understand my point: Thief as a daredevil get high mobility dodge (give ya swiftness and a dodge that let ya "run" a good amount of range) or a AoE damage dodge (it's good for Staff builds specialy PvE sides). What I want to say daredevil give you access to a speedy dodge role what boost your mobiliy straight up. With his three dodges abiliy it is even more powerfull for sure. So if you just buff its Power damage and rebuff its energy skills it would end as a not touch able 1v1 winning class and this class would be also able to finish a +1 in seconds.(What would be Bad game Design cause that class would be able to simply solo carry the entire Match by running from point to point and kill every Single class on it)

This whole point lead anet to just nerf those Power skills (what directly nerf core thiefs too). After thief Mains want to do at least some damage and the pvp Balance Team isn't allowed to just rework the spec itself, just only numbers (wouldnt be that hard ... simply Remove one dodge bar. just would not hit the pve thief caus even on that build you need to have 0 energy to deal increased damage) they end in just not touch thiefs dps in February Patch that hard but now since the dps is a bit too high they end ub in nerf its mobiliy number wise..... so they nerf mobiliy skills like shortbow 5 and the mobility Signet (that nerf hit daredevil and core thief so its just Bad kitten for sure)

don't get this magic made up rule these forum warriors come up with that a class with mobility can't have damage, like wtf?Thief can and should have mobility and high burst damage as its hp and armor are low, it doesnt have have defensive skills like invulnerability, blocks, aegis, or barriers and resorts to active means of defense like evades and teleporting. Why can other classes have a ton of defensive skills plus 2 evades and more hp/armor have the same burst or more and thats OK? He'll most classes have Mobility now thats not really that far behind thief lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Psycoprophet.8107" the problem isn`t the mobility alone .... the most drastic problem are the 3 dodges on that e-spec. This 3 dodges let the class near perma dodge (i know its not "perma" but you could easily dodge like every single high damage burst skills of most classes) so you couldn't even touch it. That let you the option to go in burst a pretty damn hard burst (if they would damage buff that class) and go out of range with help of 3 dodges, stealth and ports. Imagine i don't have something against mobility plus damage at all ..... but there should be a way to counter that class at all and if you give thief a 3 dodges bar plus high damage and stealth there would be no way to even punish him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Pati.2438 said:@"Psycoprophet.8107" the problem isn`t the mobility alone .... the most drastic problem are the 3 dodges on that e-spec. This 3 dodges let the class near perma dodge (i know its not "perma" but you could easily dodge like every single high damage burst skills of most classes) so you couldn't even touch it. That let you the option to go in burst a pretty kitten hard burst (if they would damage buff that class) and go out of range with help of 3 dodges, stealth and ports. Imagine i don't have something against mobility plus damage at all ..... but there should be a way to counter that class at all and if you give thief a 3 dodges bar plus high damage and stealth there would be no way to even punish him.its an extra dodge at the start of a fight, most other classes weapon swap a lot and has at least 1 energy sigil where as thief will mostly stick to melee weapon set (mostly) but will go s/b from time to time, I guess if you add channaled vigor into the build it could be a bit much but anyway. oh and the vigor gain on thief isnt any faster than other classes neither.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a reason why I always called Revenant "Thief with Defiant Stance." It was just a matter of time before one ended up passing the other. They're the class relationship equivalent of condi vs power damage: two identical entities which joust each other for top spot based entirely on patch notes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...