Rev took thief role

Disney.7826

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in Gold 3 and had some matches yesterday. In one match we had 2 daredevils in the team. 1 meh Renegade, 1 Druid and I played a tank Spellbreaker. Needless to say the enemies with 2 Renegades, 1 Guardian, 1 Thief and 1 Soulbeast obliterated out thieves so quickly in the side nodes I hardly had time to focus mid. Then said thieves camped spawn cause they couldn't do shit and I still tried to somehow fight until I forfeit myself.

Next match, enemy has 1 daredevil and 1 Deadeye in the team. The deadeye camped mid and got downs and their second thief did a good job on decapping. We eventually won but I came to realize that many just don't know how to play thief. My team's compasition was the same except for the druid who was a mesmer and our Rev a power herald.

I don't main thief in PvP, but it's pretty clear that there exist players who make the class work. But it's also evident that the class can't be played as easily as Power Herald so there's that.

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:Im in Gold 3 and had some matches yesterday. In one match we had 2 daredevils in the team. 1 meh Renegade, 1 Druid and I played a tank Spellbreaker. Needless to say the enemies with 2 Renegades, 1 Guardian, 1 Thief and 1 Soulbeast obliterated out thieves so quickly in the side nodes I hardly had time to focus mid. Then said thieves camped spawn cause they couldn't do kitten and I still tried to somehow fight until I forfeit myself.

Next match, enemy has 1 daredevil and 1 Deadeye in the team. The deadeye camped mid and got downs and their second thief did a good job on decapping. We eventually won but I came to realize that many just don't know how to play thief. My team's compasition was the same except for the druid who was a mesmer and our Rev a power herald.

I don't main thief in PvP, but it's pretty clear that there exist players who make the class work. But it's also evident that the class can't be played as easily as Power Herald so there's that.

G3 thieves are trash + g3 players dont know to play against them.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 on warrior side its simply impossible to rly counter a well played thief cause they ezy dodge like all your skills and even if you touch him ... they dont care just port away, cc brake or simply steal daze the warrior. Sry but with the cc = 0 damage thing they made it simply impossible to be dangerous for thiefs in any way lol xd.

Sure I dont wana say ... this counter my class letz nerf it (cause i play thief my self ... its just made fun to play but it is wayyys too ezy to play cause of you got so many ways to ezy evade high damage) but it got left with so many mobility and ways to simply evade damage ... it would be hard stupid to buff its damage and left those class with that mobility plus that mutch stealth and ports it got.

Or maybe just actually meaningfully nerf Revs for once. Thief is completely fine, DE might even be "sleeper" meta at this point since the mobility is closer to the old D/P meta thief now, it still hits like a garbage truck and punishing it has become very hard in an overall slow meta.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Filip.7463 said:I dont play thief, i just more liked thief meta than rev. And i think im not the only one who wants traditional thief back...

Pretty sure you're alone on this front. People like classes they can see, and rev has no stealth, so-

nah, thief is better. can't stand on point or keep point, rev can basically do bothcore thief is the best thief.daredevil in the other hand, no.and rev is just busted mechanically in so many ways, even in open world, rev can facetank basically anything over warrior and in both power/condi and both herald/renegade can facetank a ton, while warrior without spellbreaker is basically dead in open world.rev kit is so pact its insane.i didn't think so until i mained rev for 1 year now in all modes.now i truly believe they made so to sell exp.

@Megametzler.5729 said:I think we should first adjust revenant and then give thief maybe some more team fight capabilities instead of obnoxious stealth mobility for decapping... because I sure don't want that and I don't think that requires much skill at all.

There used to be thief builds that did exactly that - people hated it.

@Yasai.3549 said:Not sure if +1 even matters anymore when node control builds are extremely potent and can even fend off ganks.

Op just has a hate bone against Shiro and players that can play better than him.

Pretty much this ^^ (except for the second sentence - i would rather not judge people this much).

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Megametzler.5729 said:I think we should first adjust revenant and then give thief maybe some more team fight capabilities instead of obnoxious stealth mobility for decapping... because I sure don't want that and I don't think that requires much skill at all.

There used to be thief builds that did exactly that - people hated it.(...)

Which ones? Staff builds? If you couple that with the (former) mobility, then yes, that might become quite problematic. (Not talking about the evade nonsense.)

@Megametzler.5729 said:

Which ones? Staff builds? If you couple that with the (former) mobility, then yes, that might become quite problematic. (Not talking about the evade nonsense.)

Why evade nonsense? That build could hold points. I mean if thief is not allowed to have mobility and stealth then all they have is evades. I mean what is rev? A bruiser thief with no stealth. You guys wanted it. Enjoy.

@Cynz.9437 said:

Why evade nonsense? That build could hold points. I mean if thief is not allowed to have mobility and stealth then all they have is evades. I mean what is rev? A bruiser thief with no stealth. You guys wanted it. Enjoy.

Why do you always compare thief to rev? You really make thief look even more one-dimensional than it already is. Give it a new role - like s/d used to have.

Perma evade is unfun. You need openings and counterplay. The same reason significantly increased weaver's evade spam and rightfully so.

@Megametzler.5729 said:Why do you always compare thief to rev? You really make thief look even more one-dimensional than it already is.

He's right though.The comparison is adequate. Rev serves the same purpose as thief except it's a couple armor tiers higher and has other roles it can fill.

Thief for the length of this game has been one-dimensional, because people reacted poorly to every venture that allowed thief to perform anything that even slightly deviated from +1, because they could run away. Portraying it as having the potential to be anything other than +1, like it would be accepted in any other role, would be being much too optimistic IMO.

He's calling it like it is. It has one role, it will have one role, and other classes do that role better.

Perma evade is unfun. You need openings and counterplay. The same reason significantly increased weaver's evade spam and rightfully so.

Agreed. What would be fun for you, coming from a thief?

Give it a new role - like s/d used to have.

Keep in mind people hated S/D because good thieves could shred them with it.

@Megametzler.5729 said:Why do you always compare thief to rev? You really make thief look even more one-dimensional than it already is.

He's right though.The comparison is adequate. Rev serves the same purpose as thief except it's a couple armor tiers higher and has other roles it can fill.

Thief for the length of this game has been one-dimensional, because people reacted poorly to every venture that allowed thief to perform anything that even slightly deviated from +1, because they could run away. Portraying it as having the potential to be anything other than +1, like it would be accepted in any other role, would be being much too optimistic IMO.

He's calling it like it is. It has one role, it will have one role, and other classes do that role better.

That is why I am saying: Give thief new roles.

Make the heal poison meta!!!

Good thieves no matter the build could shred people though.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

That is why I am saying: Give thief new roles.

Make the heal poison meta!!!

Been there, done that. People hated it, got nerfed. Tnks, bye. This can be repeated for pretty much every build outside of d/p. D/P is hated as well but i guess it just doesn't do enough damage, has to go in melee and can't hold points so people can somehow live with it. Now that sb and indirectly thief ini got nerfed (once again) we don't even see that many thieves in matches anymore. Rejoyce people. You wanted it. Bow down to your rev overlords.

@felix.2386 said:thief is fine,

the problem right now is the meta builds, who have high mobility and have high aoe uptime that kills off any melee build that dares to approche, like power warrior, will get destroyed.

it's not thief not playable, it's melee not playable, meta builds are anti melee with high mobility, so anti-ganking. kills any melee dps builds.aoe spamming with mobility is strong in this one.

as long as meta become less anti melee and anti gank, thief will be back in no time as the best gank.

Well I kinda predicted that meta would go more bunker lite if there wasn't anything to universally contest the role of thief, it took more time then I thought but here we are.Since nothing can actually kill thief if played correctly and it can move faster then anything so what is the counter to that, well you have to coordinate heavily with some kind of voice software (HA) or the easier option to bunker up, but you are still susceptible to ganks , sprinkle some AoE to butter up the gankers and wait for your gank.I believe people didn't shift to this meta for a long time, cause they didn't like the idea but at the end bended since we do not get much changes to cover and hide what is broken.No one wanted to play the tune of one class, but in the end people cracked and everyone is dancing the jig, but now the class is hard countered by full teams.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@Fearless.3569 said:You didn't cry when the nerfs came for my class. Now I'm no longer here to cry when the nerfs came to your class. Poetic Justice at it finest!

Damage Dealer Tempest buffs ANet, or I don't return!

Tempest is a support spec.Well DH was power build but it does condi now, spellbreaker was supposed to duels, but heals now, druid was supposed to be healer but it is sidenoder. We live in a clown world. Anet gives off really mixed messages for a long time was the highest potential dps in PVE but it is support speck by design. Someone really should have sat down and made elite specks do one thing good and stick to that, you want to heal with ele tempest, you want to be a fighter weaver. Variety by restriction, not do everything and anything.

...no sane person would ever opt to fight against a thief rather than a revenant , let's not consider only the current situation...but the entirety of the history of GW2 :

-considering from launch till now.....so not just current iteration

-HS spammer?-"immortal" s/d?-d/p?-p/p power or condi?-condi trap perma stealth?-PI spammer?-PW spam?-DE?

There has never been a single instance in the history of this game where thief was "fun" to play against even more compared to revenant considering its current state (broken condi herald and renegade pewpew), buff thief if you must but...let's not pretend like thief has even been fun to fight against but again.....not being fun to fight against is the main req for a spec/class to be playable right now in GW2