Planning a Birthday gift - Need help!

Painz.1652

Hello, fellahs!

I'm playing GW2 since 2012 and had a 3 year break from 2014 till this year. When I returned I didn't return alone, I brought my GF with me and introduced her to the game. She fell in love with it and we both enjoy playing. She's messing around a lot with her transmog and would like to adjust her hairstyle along with the new outfits she creates. Now, she has birthday soon and told me how handy it would be for her to have the permanent hair style contract. Due to the fact that a hairstyle change is so expensive I decided to save all my gold to buy her the Permanent Hair Stylist Contract off the Trading Post. With all my savings and farmings I'm sitting at 1.1k gold though the contract costs around 3k. I fear I might not get it in time for her which would be awful after months of saving gold.

Got any good farming spots or something that doesn't require gold investment to actually make profit? (Tried the lab farm, but I am kind of too slow, I can't get 250 bags an hour :/)Donations would also be appreciated tho I'm more interested if someone knows how to get some quick coin :S.

Silverwastes is the one that is around all year round although for that the ideal setup requires you to have a spare character slot so you can open the bags on an appropriate level character for maximum profit.

Then there is still the leather farm in Lake Doric.

My personal preference ... farm VB day time for crowbars then spend the night opening airship cargo. Sell all the Black Diamonds but I have no idea about the rate of gold you can get from this.

You could use real money to buy gems and then convert to gold. Not necs for all of it, but it would offset some

VB wont net you fast money. It might suppliment but successful auric meta runs and opening all chests can give you decent money if you sell everything (or salvage/sell). Even the small chests can give precursors so a lucky drop is possible

Fractals seems to be the big gold winner though

If the point of the gift is the time investment, don't use gems or donations (and don't avoid hanging out with her to grind gold! ;) )

Edit: If you don't make it in time you could perhaps edit together a video of you farming gold for her as sort of an IOU. Might be cute. Play some sappy music. I remember someone made a video of a husband and wife doing jumping puzzles together and it was totes adorbs.

Edit2:

Archived