The issues with an Aura wardrobe that not many are talking about...

I'll make this simple...

1. Rich people exist...You may ask "why is this relevant?"
    • Some people stack their expensive auras; Liquid Aurillium, Chak Egg Sac, Preserved Queen Bee, Ghostly Infusions.
    • This means these same people, if Auras/Infusions were added to a 'wardrobe' would lose quite a bit of value if they cannot stack their infusions.
    • If infusions work like our current wardrobe system; we could see a potential crash of all expensive infusions.

How would ArenaNet help preserve the level of wealth that these infusions require if they are added to a wardrobe, assuming the logic that people are going with is that they act like transmutation charges/any wardrobe feature where you select it in or out once and it's placed in your 'account'.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:"That no one is talking about" 《 redirect yourself to my nightfury conundrum topic, several topics on the old forum and more fire on reddit that Balthazar had ever seen.

On a serious, this is a very relevant topic, and i always encourage to bring it up when they can.

I skim read a lot of the "PLEASE GIVE AURA WARDROBE" threads, and most of the high-profile ones completely neglect the impact that such a treatment could have on the economy, I do apologise if I missed it in one of the initial posts, but it seems everyone wants a system like this and not really thinking of then negative impact a poorly-implemented system added could have.

Titled amended accordingly...

They could always preserve the infusions/shoulder items that give those auras, while simply adding an extra wardrobe slot for people who have that infusion/shoulder unlocked and want to use the effect on alts or without having to remove their shoulder skin.

So because you can't stack seven different infusions with this hypothetical new system, the infusions themselves would lose value? They are not soulbound, right? Sell the ones you won't/can't use anymore. Sure, they would lose value, but I don't think it will be a precipitous crash. Even so, it's not like Anet hasn't radically altered the economy before. PoF launch has seen the crash of oricalcum for reasons I don't understand. (I understand why it crashed, just not sure why we needed so many extra faucets)

@Shaaba.5672 said:So because you can't stack seven different infusions with this hypothetical new system, the infusions themselves would lose value? They are not soulbound, right? Sell the ones you won't/can't use anymore. Sure, they would lose value, but I don't think it will be a precipitous crash. Even so, it's not like Anet hasn't radically altered the economy before. PoF launch has seen the crash of oricalcum for reasons I don't understand. (I understand why it crashed, just not sure why we needed so many extra faucets)

Yes, because a 'crash' in a 3 silver item is definitely as bad as a potentially 15k+ item becoming effectively cheap so everyone can afford it.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:"That no one is talking about" 《 redirect yourself to my nightfury conundrum topic, several topics on the old forum and more fire on reddit that Balthazar had ever seen.

On a serious, this is a very relevant topic, and i always encourage to bring it up when they can.

I skim read a lot of the "PLEASE GIVE AURA WARDROBE" threads, and
most
of the high-profile ones completely neglect the impact that such a treatment could have on the economy, I do apologise if I missed it in one of the initial posts, but it seems everyone wants a system like this and not really thinking of then negative impact a poorly-implemented system added could have.

But you're right, i skimmed a little to fast,I thought you were advocating the wardrobe, but you're opposing it. Because, if i get your stance right, the value would drop if people couldn't stack them.But i personally have one suggestion:An aura slot next to the armour slots. That way they can wear 6 auras at once.The wardrobe is by itself not a bad idea, but requires good implementation.But i have two issues, firstly, are there that many overly rich people? And secondly, is it so bad if the value of auras dropped?I mean.. the only people for whom it would be bad if the price dropped, would be TP flippers, right?

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:Yes, because a 'crash' in a 3 silver item is definitely as bad as a potentially 15k+ item becoming effectively cheap so everyone can afford it.That literally would not happen. All those items except the color ones have drop rates that make precursors look downright common, they will never be cheap.

I have an idea make is so you have a wardrobe system for effects but when you make the effect account bound it turns the infusion into a normal plus 9 or 10 infusion. You can also only slot into your 9 or so wardrobe slots how ever many infusion effects you made account bound. So if you made 9 account bound you can slot 9 if only 3 then 3 can be slotted. then have what ever slots for gear effects; so you can still use things like aurora but you don't need to have the effect unless you want it.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

most
of the high-profile ones completely neglect the impact that such a treatment could have on the economy, I do apologise if I missed it in one of the initial posts, but it seems everyone wants a system like this and not really thinking of then negative impact a poorly-implemented system added could have.

But you're right, i skimmed a little to fast,I thought you were advocating the wardrobe, but you're opposing it. Because, if i get your stance right, the value would drop if people couldn't stack them.But i personally have one suggestion:An aura slot next to the armour slots. That way they can wear 6 auras at once.The wardrobe is by itself not a bad idea, but requires good implementation.But i have two issues, firstly, are there that many overly rich people? And secondly, is it so bad if the value of auras dropped?I mean.. the only people for whom it would be bad if the price dropped, would be TP flippers, right?

People who aim to look expensive by investing into these infusions / auras / armor skins / weapon skins spend a great deal of time acquiring that gold, so why should they lose out just because people want a wardrobe?

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

most

People who aim to look expensive by investing into these infusions / auras / armor skins / weapon skins spend a great deal of time acquiring that gold, so why should they lose out just because people want a wardrobe?

Isn't that what the "I'm rich, you know" title is for? xDBut nah, I don't think wardrobe is the way to go. But maybe extra slots in the equipment panel that they can be put in without using infusion slots on armour.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@Shaaba.5672 said:So because you can't stack seven different infusions with this hypothetical new system, the infusions themselves would lose value? They are not soulbound, right? Sell the ones you won't/can't use anymore. Sure, they would lose value, but I don't think it will be a precipitous crash. Even so, it's not like Anet hasn't radically altered the economy before. PoF launch has seen the crash of oricalcum for reasons I don't understand. (I understand why it crashed, just not sure why we needed so many extra faucets)

Yes, because a 'crash' in a 3 silver item is definitely as bad as a potentially 15k+ item becoming effectively cheap so everyone can afford it.

True. The one with Ori is potentially way worse, as it affect a kittenton more people. Let's be honest, crash to the infusions market would disappoint only a really small number of players. A huge majority can't afford even a single cheapest one after all.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

True. The one with Ori is potentially way worse, as it affect a kittenton more people. Let's be honest, crash to the infusions market would disappoint only a really small number of players. A huge majority can't afford even a single cheapest one after all.

Thank you for saying that because yes, this is the point. Compare the volume for infusions vs oricalcum and I'd bet that the flood of ori devalued the market way more overall than a few high end items would.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

I think the fact some of them are sold above 9999gold, which is the maximum allowed on the TP, is already a good reason to get their price to drop.

Archived