Did you know pvp players have feelings too?

Crab Fear.1624

I think you do.Because losing against coordinated effort is bad, and when someone cries about it, you make up a fake trial to end team play, knowing if you polled again what the result would be.

And lying about it must be against your ideals, because you never did the repoll even though you said you would.

But, how about we remove the trollish things from pvp?

What are the trollish things?

My personal list is:

The end of game podium screen, remove it. Let players that hang around and duel or form new teams. But get rid of the fireworks and dancing.

You know how I know this is troll? Because you don't allow /rank or /gloat in active combat.

Also, we all get it the MAT players are special, but just because you are special doesnt mean you can bully other players, unless you are in Anet World. The consoles for FFA need to go. Don' support bullying anet, you are better than that.

Stop forcing the 50% win rate. Bronze is real, and please stop artificially placing players up to gold. Perhaps the bots that are rampant are better, but players that belong in tier 1 bronze, need to be there.

Of course, the average does not fall in your numbers middle.

SORRY, that is not how math works, and you can't just bell curve all of us failures.

It is likely that the true average, without the psuedo fluff you added, is around silver.

Bronze........Silver.......Gold......Platinum.....Legend|||| ||||||| |||| ||| |

I imagine the spread is realistically the spread above

Yet

Bronze........Silver.......Gold......Platinum.....Legend| || |||||||||| |||| |

above is what you are forcing.

Players wont fall into the middle of you imaginary line.

You have to let the true average happen and not force a % to please yourself with a symmetric curve.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Please share what you are smoking

please, show me you can get into tier 1 bronze without decay.

when leagues came out, i placed in amber, finished in amber.

There are numerous players that accuse me of belonging in the dumpster leagues, and yet somehow I make it into their games.

One season I could be bronze, except the system brings me into gold, and then ill finish a season in platinum.

I do not belong in platinum.

Why do people think I am joking when I say I am a bronze/amber player?

Fear it would invalidate their accolades....

The false placements drive players away because it forces bad players into leagues they don't belong, and a few potentially good players into a league they dont belong.

By the way I am taking bets about where I'll finish this season.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:You know how I know this is troll? Because you don't allow /rank or /gloat in active combat.What an argument. 10/10.The consoles for FFA need to go. Don' support bullying anet, you are better than that.I honestly didn't know that there are consoles... who is taking FFA serious anyway?

Stop forcing the 50% win rate.That's literally what any matchmaking system on earth is designed for and supposed to do. I don't understand the criticism, it's the actual purpose of having mmr, skill groups, etc.

It is likely that the true average, without the psuedo fluff you added, is around silver. Players wont fall into the middle of you imaginary line.Yea, that's where the volatility is supposed to kick in.. You start with (1200 + [previous season mmr]) / 2 when coming into the next season.. And you can actually look up your rating gain/loss for your placements at for example gw2efficiency. This season for example my very first win got me +88 rating and in one of the previous seasons my very first match was a loss, which cost me -98 rating. This is meant to bring people to their appropriate skill group (a lot) faster and I think it works quite well tbh. The only problem I see with it are acutally related to sPvP-issues in general and not with the volatility/placements, like being matched together with people who simply don't understand conquest and throw the game by poor decision making.

While I can actually understand the essence of this thread, I think it's complete nonsense, sorry.

@Yasai.3549 said:All..... is vain?

I see you are a man/woman of culture :)

As for thread: yeah, i am not fan of podium thing tbh. I don't see how it reduces toxicity in pvp but it is just me.50% w/r is fine. It means you got to the point where you belong. Every matchmaking in every pvp game actually aim for that.

People will end up in gold/plat and whatever division they don't belong to because pvp community in this game is too small. What they should have done is to create healthy pvp environment (class balance, maps, rewards, tournaments) at launch when the game was fresh and community was interested in this game mode. Now we are just visitors at the funeral :<

If bots are dominating in gold, then the bar for being there is too low.

Is that simple enough to understand?

I am saying people are being artificially brought out of their league, and it was happening well before "etz ded gaem".

Of course, there are also the Op fotm specs that carry player regardless of mechanical skill, rotational insight, and tactical decision making.

I see some well known yet toxic top players asking how some of the plebs in their game are there.

Yeah, you are where you belong, and if they raise the bar for leagues, you will really be where you belong.

@Filip.7463 said:

@snoow.1694 said:This is why posting in the PvP forum should be allowed only for Plat players and above. What a nonsense thread

Give that guy a medal. I completely agree.

U can leave match immediately after end, so you dont see winners laughing at you.

Let the winners of mat have some fun with plebs down there.

Soon, with this attitude, they will be playing with themselves......( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"snoow.1694" said:This is why posting in the PvP forum should be allowed only for Plat players and above. What a nonsense thread

Give that guy a medal. I completely agree.

U can leave match immediately after end, so you dont see winners laughing at you.

Soon, with this attitude, they will be playing with themselves......( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah, people defend toxicity by saying "just look away". Historically, that was always a good way to deal with morally bad behaviour!

@snoow.1694 said:This is why posting in the PvP forum should be allowed only for Plat players and above. What a nonsense thread

@Filip.7463 said:Give that guy a medal. I completely agree.

Perhaps you both missed the part where OP said they finish seasons in Plat?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:One season I could be bronze, except the system brings me into gold, and then ill finish a season in platinum.

So either there is an issue with the system, or you two should actually listen to Crab Fear because they are one of your Plat players.

@Shaogin.2679 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:One season I could be bronze, except the system brings me into gold, and then ill finish a season in platinum.

So either there is an issue with the system, or you two should actually listen to Crab Fear because they are one of your Plat players.

He said he finishes in p1 but he belongs to bronze

I say i finish season in p2 but i belong to lege3.

Complete nonsense, isnt it?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Please share what you are smoking

please, show me you can get into tier 1 bronze without decay.

when leagues came out, i placed in amber, finished in amber.

There are numerous players that accuse me of belonging in the dumpster leagues, and yet somehow I make it into their games.

One season I could be bronze, except the system brings me into gold, and then ill finish a season in platinum.

I do not belong in platinum.

Why do people think I am joking when I say I am a bronze/amber player?

Fear it would invalidate their accolades....

The false placements drive players away because it forces bad players into leagues they don't belong, and a few potentially good players into a league they dont belong.

By the way I am taking bets about where I'll finish this season.

Well, this does explain a lot of your forum posts.

@Filip.7463 said:

Not really, point still stands. He finishes in Plat, therefore he is a Plat player by the game's standards. You two say that only Plat players should be allowed to post in the PvP forums.

@Shaogin.2679 said:

Not really, point still stands. He finishes in Plat, therefore he is a Plat player by the game's standards. You two say that only Plat players should be allowed to post in the PvP forums.

Ye but still eliminates most of stupid posts, i mean DH DH DH DH DH DH DH DH DH DH, TRAPPER RUNE TRAPPER RUNE TRAPPER RUNE TRAPPER RUNE, BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN...

@Filip.7463 said:

Ye but still eliminates most of stupid posts, i mean DH DH DH DH DH DH DH DH DH DH, TRAPPER RUNE TRAPPER RUNE TRAPPER RUNE TRAPPER RUNE, BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN...

Trapper runes need to be removed from PVP, guard should not have stealth.

@Filip.7463 said:

Tbh, i do think trapper rune needs a rework and i have been in plat/legend in multiple seasons on 2 accounts (when i do pvp; one of the accounts doesn't even have xpacs) if it counts for anything.