WvW the Absolutely Broken Mess

cobbah.3102

The time to fix this rubbish that is called WvW , no balance whatsoever , perma stealth which should not exist , nerfed siege that has no impact on blobs for defence , blobs that cover the walls with aoe , Rangers that shoot into structures along with pets that come through gates , nullifying any hope that defenders can even defend against, {defender = roadkill} . Broken population along with linking which is a shambles . Professions broken out of all proportion. Broken Promises eg Alliances , Balance Patches , Server Lag , lets not forget the promise of communication to player base who support this game . Wonder who will actually make mention of it or when any of this this will be addressed

@"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:Now, imagine how broken must be next e-speces to even "compete" with current kitten.

The only thing I'm looking forward to with the new expac >:)

Very curious as to what they will pull, how op the specs will be and how some specs which underperform rn, will probably be blown out of the water forever (as a warrior main, I believe that Berserker may never have a place in the roaming meta. No matter how hard someone tries to build it, so if something equal or better than SPB appears, I'll know what that means).

@yoni.7015 said:I enjoy WvW. if you don’t like it just don’t play it. It’s that simple.

Fact is, WvW is geared to the lowest common denominator relative to skill. Hence the totally out of control application of conditions . .. run around in a blob, drop a shit load of them in a general direction without really targeting anything or anyone and hope for a kill. A chimp could be trained to do that crap. Anyone who thinks different is really not being honest with themselves, or anyone else for that matter. That said, if you like it, fine. but try not being dismissive of those who find fault with it.

@tippolit.3591 said:

@yoni.7015 said:I enjoy WvW. if you don’t like it just don’t play it. It’s that simple.

Fact is,
PvE
is geared to the lowest common denominator relative to skill. Hence the totally out of control application of conditions . .. run around in a blob, drop a young cat load of them in a general direction without really targeting anything or anyone and hope for a kill. A
redacted
could be trained to do that young cat. Anyone who thinks different is really not being honest with themselves, or anyone else for that matter. That said, if you like it, fine. but try not being dismissive of those who find fault with it.

Fixed that for you.

@tippolit.3591 said:

Fact is, WvW is geared to the lowest common denominator relative to skill.

Skill? IMHO that shouldn't be regarded as something positive in a game - it should surely appeal to a broader audience than just the elite? As such, skill shouldn't be seen as something to be lauded or rewarded. I think the Arenanet who made the game might have known this.

@tippolit.3591 said:

Fact is, WvW is geared to the lowest common denominator relative to skill. Hence the totally out of control application of conditions . .. run around in a blob, drop a kitten load of them in a general direction without really targeting anything or anyone and hope for a kill. A chimp could be trained to do that kitten. Anyone who thinks different is really not being honest with themselves, or anyone else for that matter. That said, if you like it, fine. but try not being dismissive of those who find fault with it.

Conditions in a powermeta blob. Riiiiiight.

@cobbah.3102 said:The time to fix this rubbish that is called WvW , no balance whatsoever , perma stealth which should not exist , nerfed siege that has no impact on blobs for defence , blobs that cover the walls with aoe , Rangers that shoot into structures along with pets that come through gates , nullifying any hope that defenders can even defend against, {defender = roadkill} . Broken population along with linking which is a shambles . Professions broken out of all proportion. Broken Promises eg Alliances , Balance Patches , Server Lag , lets not forget the promise of communication to player base who support this game . Wonder who will actually make mention of it or when any of this this will be addressed

Indeed, defending is very difficult these days. When Anet nerfed high tier walls, as part of a bigger change (that, surprise surprise, never happened), it put the nail in defending whilst outnumbered.There was good intention in the nerf, the devs talked on the livestream about the change bringing more fun because people will be inside structures. But there seemed a lack of consideration that the mode is 24/7 and that a lot of the time this encourages player to, rather than attempt a fun valiant last-stand, to a avoid the enemies altogether because of hopelessness. I would expect player interaction to be one of the design goals of WvW, not the opposite.

Now it's turned into avoid-the-enemy ktrains. Remember EotM? This doesn't bode well.

@cobbah.3102 said:The time to fix this rubbish that is called WvW , no balance whatsoever , perma stealth which should not exist , nerfed siege that has no impact on blobs for defence , blobs that cover the walls with aoe , Rangers that shoot into structures along with pets that come through gates , nullifying any hope that defenders can even defend against, {defender = roadkill} . Broken population along with linking which is a shambles . Professions broken out of all proportion. Broken Promises eg Alliances , Balance Patches , Server Lag , lets not forget the promise of communication to player base who support this game . Wonder who will actually make mention of it or when any of this this will be addressed

You forgot a few things but another big problem is that permastealth thieves also have portal. Anet should NEVER have given thief portal. They need to make it a solo-use only portal - yes not even one other person should be able to use it.

@Strider.7849 said:

You forgot a few things but another big problem is that permastealth thieves also have portal. Anet should NEVER have given thief portal. They need to make it a solo-use only portal - yes not even one other person should be able to use it.

meh, just give everyone a portal. Problem solved.

thief can have a portal.. but walls should block out all kinds of portals. this porting-inside-keeps is a pretty lame thing. i'd care more if ppt had any meaning to be fair, still.

and the overall class balance is NOT the issue. the overall system is. servers had their time, server identity is dead anyways in most cases. guilds have still identities, but when a server loses like 180 people u cannot even talk about it as the same server it has been in the past.

we need the "temporary solution" named links to finally end and make way for a new matchmaking. and time adequate leaderboard rewards.

@Svarty.8019 said:Indeed, defending is very difficult these days. When Anet nerfed high tier walls, as part of a bigger change (that, surprise surprise, never happened), it put the nail in defending whilst outnumbered.There was good intention in the nerf, the devs talked on the livestream about the change bringing more fun because people will be inside structures. But there seemed a lack of consideration that the mode is 24/7 and that a lot of the time this encourages player to, rather than attempt a fun valiant last-stand, to a avoid the enemies altogether because of hopelessness. I would expect player interaction to be one of the design goals of WvW, not the opposite.

Now it's turned into avoid-the-enemy ktrains. Remember EotM? This doesn't bode well.

This is what made me give up on WvW.

The devs make a well-intentioned change that makes the game worse because they have a very narrow focus on one aspect and, for one reason or another, fail to predict the repercussions it will have in the larger design web. In this case, they blithely talk about it being more 'fun' because players are inside structures...Their change makes it easier to get inside, but what then? The larger group rolls over the smaller group; gg. Rather than make the siege itself more fun or rewarding, they make a hasty change that only works as intended in rare moments and is a disaster the rest of the time.

I know that happens, sometimes, and I can be forgiving...but with Anet, it happens way too often and then takes way too long to fix--if it is ever fixed or even acknowledged. It's amateur, which I can overlook, but also immature. A company that can't face up to its own decisions is not one I can place my trust in.

@"cobbah.3102" said:The time to fix this rubbish that is called WvW , no balance whatsoever , perma stealth which should not exist , nerfed siege that has no impact on blobs for defence , blobs that cover the walls with aoe , Rangers that shoot into structures along with pets that come through gates , nullifying any hope that defenders can even defend against, {defender = roadkill} . Broken population along with linking which is a shambles . Professions broken out of all proportion. Broken Promises eg Alliances , Balance Patches , Server Lag , lets not forget the promise of communication to player base who support this game . Wonder who will actually make mention of it or when any of this this will be addressed

1) They changed siege damage so that people focus on fights and not sitting in their towers surrounded by AC and ballista , siege is there to buy you enough time for help to come or just organize yourself....and if you lose the tower or whatever....just go and recap it!

2) WvW offers the biggest customability in the game, plenty of opportunity for you to change the way you play and plenty of guides to help you understand the game. Glaring problems are few in between , far less than what people would make you to believeThis would be a good starting point: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/l9y617/pvp_matchups_how_to_fight_all_9_classes_in_gw2/

3) There is no fixing population , people will always lemming from one server to another looking to zerg their way to victory but guess what?....A small population server can still fight and win some fights because yeah....WvW has always been about simulation of war so like IRL , population imbalance is to be expected...deal with it!

4) If you want the so called "balance"...go PvP and see how fun it is, people ask for balance but still play into a PvE setting...go PvP then to see how fun it is now as they removed 3/4 of usable amulets, nerfed to the ground many professions and all you see it 2-3 professions spammed to death in each match

The situation above is what happens when people keep asking for "balance" in a MMO without understanding what balance in a MMO means

Everything else like Alliances or whatever, won't change the current scenario much more than that. Many people like me keep logging in GW2 just because WvW is still somehow fun to play, I gave up on PvP years ago and PvE...it's just a bland set up for me to complete once and access new reward tracks, mounts and mats. The moment WvW turns into another failure like PvP ought to be...it will be the moment I say goodbye to this game for good and before long, the "issues" you think exist will become far worst than now

@Arheundel.6451 said:People asking for "balance"..should play PvP and see how fun it's the game once you start removing options....

• So, people asking for balance should quit WvW gamemode? hmm, interesting..

@Arheundel.6451 said:1) They changed siege damage so that people focus on fights ...and if you lose the tower or whatever....just go and recap it!

• If one side spawn camps (50 vs 5) for 3 hours+ on a 24/7 match that resets once per week, then what happens? Go to PvP as well? (spawn area does not allow siege prints at the moment)

@Arheundel.6451 said:2) WvW offers the biggest customability in the game, plenty of opportunity for you to change the way you play and plenty of guides, https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/l9y617/pvp_matchups_how_to_fight_all_9_classes_in_gw2/

• Third party website to gain an upper hand, or die infinitely number of times, got it! Too bad for those PvE players trying WvW for the first time right?

@Arheundel.6451 said:3) There is no fixing population , people will always lemming from one server to another looking to zerg their way to victory but guess what?....A small population server can still fight and win...deal with it!

• 50 vs 5 at 1 corner of spawn on EBG, no siege allowed at spawn, how do you win? Please elaborate..

@Arheundel.6451 said:4) If you want the so called "balance"...go PvP...

• So WvW is not balanced, solution is to quit WvW gamemode, deja vu

@Arheundel.6451 said:

The situation above is what happens when people keep asking for "balance" in a MMO without understanding what balance in a MMO means
  • PvP has a point system and timer, WvW has no timer, can you let me know which server and time zone you play WvW on? Me and a few perma-stealth buddies would love to hook up with you sometime near your spawn when zergs/blobs are away :)

@Arheundel.6451 said:Everything else like Alliances or whatever, won't change the current scenario much more than that. Many people like me keep logging in GW2 just because WvW is still somehow fun to play

• And yet alliances was mentioned by the devs themselves in the past before the layoffs, I guess they're wrong? Which server do you play on? Would love to meet ya in person at spawn :) Got to buy them gems for real $ to support the games' new shinny weapon skins right?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26547/world-restructuring/p1https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45856/world-restructuring-update-1/p1https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61986/world-restructuring-update-2/p1https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26877/world-restructuring-faq/p1