Do swim infusions still work in WvW?

Ashantara.8731

Cant you just... try it? Or rather dump it into an infusion slot and forget about it. The +10 swim infusion is 25 silver to buy from the tp.

+30 is about 25000 gold to make according the wiki so unless you are absolutely fucking insane and need to be committed to an asylum rather than be allowed to play GW2 that isnt worth it because a rank 50 core ranger with no food in exotic gear will probably pewpew you to death from the beach anyway.

It would be weird to code in an exception for wvw on swim speed. It's not like Anet bothered to nerf water weapons when they did the February 2020 mega nerf so you still see higher numbers if you (rarely) fight in the water.

I believe this worked a while ago but as mentioned, unless you pay a lot of gold, you basically get almost no benefit from having it other than convenience in a few spots to speed up your travel time.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Cant you just... try it? Or rather dump it into an infusion slot and forget about it. The +10 swim infusion is 25 silver to buy from the tp.

I've got +20 on every character, but since I couldn't make a difference in WvW, I was hoping to get directed to an official statement that I might have missed or cannot find by myself.

From the responses on here, however, I take it that no one has read an official statement on this, so I must assume this is unintended and therefore will make a bug report. Thank you.

• Like 1

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Cant you just... try it? Or rather dump it into an infusion slot and forget about it. The +10 swim infusion is 25 silver to buy from the tp.

I've got +20 on every character, but since I couldn't make a difference in WvW, I was hoping to get directed to an official statement that I might have missed or cannot find by myself.

From the responses on here, however, I take it that no one has read an official statement on this, so I must assume this is unintended and therefore will make a bug report. Thank you.Well then, aside from testing then there is another tiny problem with it... I dont think think those speed buffs stack. Which means that most of the time (in particular keeps) you already have +25% speed in friendly territory, exceeding your +20% speed.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Well then, aside from testing then there is another tiny problem with it... I dont think think those speed buffs stack. Which means that most of the time (in particular keeps) you already have +25% speed in friendly territory, exceeding your +20% speed.

Ahhh, yes, of course! That would explain the "I can't see a difference, has it been nerfed?" feeling. Then again, I am certain that a while ago you could still feel the difference, as if it was stacking with Keep effects...

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:the afaik strongest waterfighters are anyways the most mobile classes. rev can superspeed after you with superfast pew pew watergun, mesmer and thief just shadowportstep into your swimspeed booty and ranger... yeah as dawdler said: pew pew from every possible angle, be it in or outside of water.

I think all of the classes have something up their sleeves for underwater combat. The easiest to play are no doubt ranger or rev though.

If they actually nerfed the swim speed infusion in wvw I would guess that it may be related to golems. But I have no idea tbh.

i mean just do a bug report, and maybe don't forget to post here what the result (if any) of it will be. i am still not a huge fan of water combat tbh :P theres enough ppl not even having exotic watergear or even lv80 ones. some don#t even have waterskillsets on (happened to me by accident as well, on a new char/build)