If GW2 got an equivalent of GWAMM title, what would it be called and how would you get it?

Cerioth.7062

The title basically explains it!

So, in original Guild Wars you have this prestige title called God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals which you can only acquire by completing loads of title tracks related to GW1. It's pretty much one of the biggest goals you can go for.

GW2 has many titles, some harder to get than others, but nothing universal that ties all the aspects of the game together. GW2 title system also works rather differently from the GW1 one. What do you think a GW2 GWAMM would be called, and what would it require to get?

Many things from PvE and some pvp and wvw, maybe:-PvEComplete story, including LW and xpacsMap completeAll Raids, fractals, strike missions, dragon response missions, and dungeons doneAll mastery levels and mounts unlockedOne legendary weapon, trinket, armour, and rune or sigil bound30k or some other AP requirement?

PvPRank 60? 80?

WvWRank 1500? 2000?

I guess a full set of Hellfire/Radiant armor is the skin equivalent to it.Even if we forget about the backpiece for a moment, it still takes 30k AP and that's a big commitment.

GW2 Skins and Achievements in general are what titles were in Guild Wars 1 imo. Of course Guild Wars 1 also had some fashion war going on and people wanted that juicy Dhuum Scythe or Elite armor/Obsidian armor but the real grind were titles.

A funny remark at how the person spend that much time grinding everything ... would be funny. "Unemployed 24/7-gamer" or "no-lifer" or something like that. :D - But I doubt they will do anything like that. Too hard to decide which titles they would have to add/require. With that many existing in total.

Players then would only argue "why this title and not the other one". Besides we still have GW2 getting updates. i guess it would get mainly relevant should they make a GW3 where such a title would exist then to connect it to GW3.

With only GW2 the achievement titles for every 5k AP are enough I guess.

Aren't the achievement point titles basically this? Titles in GW1 were achievements, they just weren't called that because the game released when the idea of achievements was relatively new and the gaming world hadn't settled on a standard name for them. I think it was the Xbox 360 which popularised the concept and established the name achievements, by having them for all games and a way to track your total achievements across all games. But that came out in 2005, the same year GW1 released. Playstation did the same thing with trophies of course, but that was a year later.

So GW1 called them titles and let you pick one to display in-game, but functionally they're the same as achievements, which makes the GWAMM title the same as the achievement point ones.