So you think we all should play Warrior?

Kaburro.4712

@"Kaburro.4712" said:I know warrior was always your protege, but at least let us have a chance.https://imgur.com/a/LQoWEDz

quick google showed me that "wrath" is guardians downed skill.you are complaining that BERSERKER did good damage against downed enemy, amazingalso, since you got hit by decapitate twice, and it has 5s cooldown ( and since he started on axe, went to sword then back to axe )I know for a fact that this " fight " took MORE then 5sec.so you lie. dont be silly, dont lie.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Kaburro.4712" said:I know warrior was always your protege, but at least let us have a chance.

quick google showed me that "wrath" is guardians downed skill.you are complaining that BERSERKER did good damage against downed enemy, amazingalso, since you got hit by decapitate twice, and it has 5s cooldown ( and since he started on axe, went to sword then back to axe )I know for a fact that this " fight " took MORE then 5sec.so you lie. dont be silly, dont lie.

It did not took more than 5 sec, I wouldn know cos I dont play warr. If you think I'm lying open a ticket, maybe they can explain. Took 2 sec

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Kaburro.4712" said:I know warrior was always your protege, but at least let us have a chance.

But if you trust "the system" see my other post below

@Kaburro.4712 said:

@Kaburro.4712 said:I know warrior was always your protege, but at least let us have a chance.

It did not took more than 5 sec, I wouldn know cos I dont play warr. If you think I'm lying open a ticket, maybe they can explain. Took 2 sec

Doubling down on a lie doesn't make it any more truthful.

I'm a returning player so I'm not as up to date on these things anymore. What I can attest to is, Warrior was a constant issue from as long as I can remember for this game, and I played since launch. Warrior was always being called for nerfs from players, and every patch we saw (again, at least from launch to a few years ago) seemed to only make them stronger. High baseline armor, high baseline damage, high baseline mobility, so many blocks and invulns and retals, etc. etc. on one single spec always made this class so much stronger than the others. I mainly played WvW, and I remember rolling a warrior, boosted it to 80 and gave it whatever gear I thought would be good as a clueless non-warrior player then took it to the ground. Decimated players and took them far much longer to kill me on a 1vX scenario when, if I was in any of my classes that I actually geared and played well in, I would have gone down so much faster.

Looks like some things haven't changed >__<

@meerfunkuhtron.9725 said:I'm a returning player so I'm not as up to date on these things anymore. What I can attest to is, Warrior was a constant issue from as long as I can remember for this game, and I played since launch. Warrior was always being called for nerfs from players, and every patch we saw (again, at least from launch to a few years ago) seemed to only make them stronger. High baseline armor, high baseline damage, high baseline mobility, so many blocks and invulns and retals, etc. etc. on one single spec always made this class so much stronger than the others. I mainly played WvW, and I remember rolling a warrior, boosted it to 80 and gave it whatever gear I thought would be good as a clueless non-warrior player then took it to the ground. Decimated players and took them far much longer to kill me on a 1vX scenario when, if I was in any of my classes that I actually geared and played well in, I would have gone down so much faster.

Ummm warrior is literally one of the weakest classes right now post feb patch in pvp along side mesmer, they have a good heal support build and the rest are mediocre. Sry but if warrior seems op to someone that person needs to look to themselves, not the warrior

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Decapitate recharges instantly if it hits fwiw:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Decapitate

The time it took to down OP was most likely 2s since he ate Decapitate and a full Arc Divider. The berserker did 16,023 damage in that time which is a great deal for any guardian to eat, and seeing as there are no strikes back in the combat log prior to the downed skill the OP was down and the berserker was kitting before swapping back to axe to finish the downed guardian.

You can split hairs and consider the downed time for the total amount, but the time to down OP looks less than 5s to me considering Berserk Mode gives quickness, but what do I know I right?

@Kaburro.4712 said:

@Norbe.7630 said:Warrior is my least played class in PvP.I think the images shows why.It took 3 or more screenshots to kill you while for example on my 2nd least played class the mesmer, it will only take one screenshot of combat log to down a core shout guardian

Took me 3 screenshots to describe 2 seconds

It couldn't have taken 2 seconds, just count the resolve ticks, and after your f2 activation the regeneration ticks. That alone tells us that the time it took for you to go down was at least 5 seconds. During which time you evaded exactly 0 attacks btw.

Here is what we can reconstuct based on the logs: You walked up to a berserker(or he walked up to you), and you tanked all of its burst without dodgeing/blocking/stunbreaking, and in 5+ seconds you actually went into downstate. Anyone and anything should die to a full offensive meme build if they do not react for that long.

There is nothing to see here, this is perfectly fine.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"meerfunkuhtron.9725" said:I'm a returning player so I'm not as up to date on these things anymore. What I can attest to is, Warrior was a constant issue from as long as I can remember for this game, and I played since launch. Warrior was always being called for nerfs from players, and every patch we saw (again, at least from launch to a few years ago) seemed to only make them stronger. High baseline armor, high baseline damage, high baseline mobility, so many blocks and invulns and retals, etc. etc. on one single spec always made this class so much stronger than the others. I mainly played WvW, and I remember rolling a warrior, boosted it to 80 and gave it whatever gear I thought would be good as a clueless non-warrior player then took it to the ground. Decimated players and took them far much longer to kill me on a 1vX scenario when, if I was in any of my classes that I actually geared and played well in, I would have gone down so much faster.

Ummm warrior is literally one of the weakest classes right now post feb patch in pvp along side mesmer, they have a good heal support build and the rest are mediocre. Sry but if warrior seems op to someone that person needs to look to themselves, not the warrior

That's why I said I can only attest to how Warrior has been in the past, between launch 'til a few years ago. Meaning their state of being OP didn't change at least for several years. So needless to say, I wasn't that surprised with another nerf warrior post.Though it's a bit counterintuitive to make them weak and... a healer class? When we say we want them nerfed, we never mean "nerfed into the ground" since many folks actually enjoy playing Warrior, we just don't want it so much of a face-roll. But I'm not surprised with this either. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground for Anet at times.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Decapitate recharges instantly if it hits fwiw:

The time it took to down OP was most likely 2s since he ate Decapitate and a full Arc Divider. The berserker did 16,023 damage in that time which is a great deal for any guardian to eat, and seeing as there are no strikes back in the combat log prior to the downed skill the OP was down and the berserker was kitting before swapping back to axe to finish the downed guardian.

You can split hairs and consider the downed time for the total amount, but the time to down OP looks less than 5s to me considering Berserk Mode gives quickness, but what do I know I right?

he hit him with decapitate, then arc divider, then decapitate again, which means he used axe -> gs -> axe again.thats at LEAST 5s weapon switch cd, add in cast time of decapitates, arc dividers and other shit and it took closer to ~8s at least

@Kaburro.4712 said:

@Kaburro.4712 said:I know warrior was always your protege, but at least let us have a chance.

he hit you with axe skills, then greatsword skills then axe skills again. swapping weapons has cooldown. On warrior due to traits its 5s.Add in cast time of all the skills and it took closer to 10s then it took to 5s.

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:Decapitate recharges instantly if it hits fwiw:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Decapitate

A bit more than 5 seconds, you can track it with resolve heal over time and regeneration after he break the virtue. That's assuming he get down by the GS swing thought, If we consider that he used renewed focus after GSswing before being downed by cyclone axe, which seem to be hinted by the fact that he get a tic of resolve passive from virtue of resolve being back, that give us a fight closer to 8-9s. And we don't know when exactly the fight began since it start by the op having 2 different symboles dealing damage to the warrior among which one proc when hit below 75% health which can easily lead us to add a good extra second to this total for already around 10s of fight.

But maybe I'm wrong and regen and resolve passive tic more than once per second. Maybe there is an exploit to proc lesser symbol of wrath without taking a hit while below 75% health. Maybe you can use renewed focus while down.

That said, you can very well say that the fight was lost after 5 seconds of the log showed when he used renewed focus and that would be true. But 16k damage over 5 seconds isn't really unreasonable right? That's just a bit more than 3k dps.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

he hit him with decapitate, then arc divider, then decapitate again, which means he used axe -> gs -> axe again.thats at LEAST 5s weapon switch cd, add in cast time of decapitates, arc dividers and other kitten and it took closer to ~8s at least

Yes, but it took ~two seconds to down him is what I am saying. The time to go berserk, hit F1, swap, Blood Reckoning, F1, AA is less than 5s as OP said. There is a lull of attacks in the log after the GS swing post Arc Divider which says to me the Berserker was kitting outside of Wrath's range (who knows maybe fighting some other person) prior to hitting the guardian with Axe 2 and Decapitate to finish them off. For all intents and purposes that fight ended when the guardian went into downstate.

Time to finish? Sure, 5-6s I can believe, he did swap back to axe after all. Time to downstate is certainly 2-3s, which in many player's minds is what finishes the fight.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:Decapitate recharges instantly if it hits fwiw:

A bit more than 5 seconds, you can track it with resolve heal over time and regeneration after he break the virtue. That's assuming he get down by the GS swing thought, If we consider that he used
renewed focus
after GSswing before being downed by
cyclone axe
, which seem to be hinted by the fact that he get a tic of resolve passive from virtue of resolve being back, that give us a fight closer to 8-9s. And we don't know when exactly the fight began since it start by the op having 2 different symboles dealing damage to the warrior among which one proc when hit below 75% health which can easily lead us to add a good extra second to this total for already around 10s of fight.True, OP is showing only some context. A video may have proven their point better.But maybe I'm wrong and regen and resolve passive tic more than once per second. Maybe there is an exploit to proc
lesser symbol of wrath
without taking a hit while below 75% health. Maybe you can use
renewed focus
while down.

That said, you can very well say that the fight was lost after 5 seconds of the log showed when he used
renewed focus
and that would be true. But 16k damage over 5 seconds isn't really unreasonable right? That's just a bit more than 3k dps.That 16k would have been within 2-3s if the Berserker was spamming F1s and Blood Reckoning, so 5k-8k dps.

That said I do think OP is being disingenuous since he got hit by that Berserk attack while already below 75% hp, which means they aren't showing full context of the fight, but a Berserker YOLO spamming F1 and Blood Reckoning can down a noob quickly.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

he hit him with decapitate, then arc divider, then decapitate again, which means he used axe -> gs -> axe again.thats at LEAST 5s weapon switch cd, add in cast time of decapitates, arc dividers and other kitten and it took closer to ~8s at least

Yes, but it took ~two seconds to down him is what I am saying. The time to go berserk, hit F1, swap, Blood Reckoning, F1, AA is less than 5s as OP said. There is a lull of attacks in the log after the GS swing post Arc Divider which says to me the Berserker was kitting outside of Wrath's range (who knows maybe fighting some other person) prior to hitting the guardian with Axe 2 and Decapitate to finish them off. For all intents and purposes that fight ended when the guardian went into downstate.

Time to finish? Sure, 5-6s I can believe, he did swap back to axe after all. Time to downstate is certainly 2-3s, which in many player's minds is what finishes the fight.

he got healed from shelter during arc divider, 4555 heal, add in regeneration and he didnt die to arc divider or even greatsword swing.he either died to cyclone axe or next decapitate which is an axe skill, so yes. he died after MORE then 5s.He also used judges intervention so he clearly wasnt dead yet.My best guess iss.1 enemy goes berserk.2 enemy lands decapitate.3 guard panic -> shelter4 berserker does arc divider ( he has unblockable signet so it goes through shelter and booms him anways )5 guard gets the heal off, gets hit by greatsword auto.6 berserker disengages ( ran out of damage or whatever )7 ~3-5s later berserker goes back in and lands cyclone axe for the kill, then decapitate ( decapitate could be the killing blow here )