Not so secret JP bug (impossible to complete)

Every time i step on one of those cog launch things, my character gets launched to the right of wherever i'm facing.I tried stepping on the edge of the cog, in the middle, left, right, i always end up launced not to the direction i'm facing (so i can't aim), but to the right of where i'm facing, away from the goal... I've been at it for an hour now and i give up.

Can you please fix those? I can't complete diving master achievement because of this.It's impossible to aim where you'll end up like this.

I play a Charr Mesmer if that matters.

Yep, those cogs are horrible. I recall someone said in the forums here that they were bugged. My cheese was to get someone to port me there. While there, you may also want to attempt the diving achievement. That also requires a friendly chrono who can port down to you, rez, and get you back up to the diving goggles spot.

I calmed down and tried again, and after tons of attempts i managed to complete it... Somehow...Thank Anet for the Position rewinder. Best item in the game! I would have give up ages ago if i had to restart the puzzle every time that cog shot me in a random direction...

Horrible...

And yeah, i was there for the dive master, i didn't really care for the chest, though i missed a turn first time so i went there and grabbed it anyway then returned with the position rewinder.

The problem is, the first few cogs are kinda working, but the one that shoots you to the diving spot isn't.

But i wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the position rewinder because you can't mesmer portal in air when the cog spits you to your death so...The position rewinder is the only reason i was able to get the diving spot and the subsequent mastery point.

I feel your pain. I had to get past the chest for Bolt (I think). It's on the way to the diving googles and you have to use two of those spinning cogs, where the first one shoots you onto the second one, which has flames coming out. The portal rewinder got me to there, and then I died on the second cog during one of my attempts. I hate the JP with a vengeance. It wouldn't be so bad if there were checkpoints.

Yeah, some of the JPs are really badly thought out. I mean, when you do get to the diving spot you're basically out of bounds and there's a ceiling texture you're clipping through, obscuring your view. I had to look up youtube videos to even know where to jump, you can't see the small pond from up there at all!

And i wouldn't mind it so much if it really has checkpoints like you said. At least then, when the cog shoots you to your death (if no position rewinder), you don't have to start the entire puzzle again.

There's some fun puzzles in the game, but this isn't one of them lol.