Separate full team queue?

DoomNexus.5324

Do you want a full team queue in ranked sPvP that's separate from the solo/duoQ?

My opinion: Playing as a full team in ranked is the pretty much the only reason for PvP guilds to exist. ATs are just not enough, they come with several disadvantages over regular ranked queue.1) They are only every 3h so if you miss one by even a couple minutes you have to wait several hours to get another chance. Maybe you only have time for 1 or 2, then you can't really play for the entire day, which sucks hard.2) The waiting times before the matches start are super long, you could squeeze another regular match into the wait time alone. Also you can't even change map.3) You can't just do one or 2 and go afk for a while because real life while your mates either swap you out or do something else in the mean time. You are forced to stay until the very end.

Also, I personally think that the "the population is too low"-argument is stupid. If people don't use full team queue because queue times are unbareably long then it doesn't really matter. People don't use a lot of features or content that are in the game and Anet has poured a lot of resources in. But not having this option in the game at all just hurts the pvp community.

Totally agree with the low pop argument being dumb. Low pop is a big reason why the queues need to be split, not a reason for it to stay merged.

Most the people who pull out that excuse are people that have been carried by DuoQ since season 13 and wouldn't dare risk losing their figurative(and in some cases literal; here's looking at you, boosters) gold mine.

That, or they know the queue times for teams would probably be pretty awful. In a low pop game, the tendency is usually to go Solo. Here's an ancient quote from Ben P with some statistics:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/302906#Comment_302906~92% of players SoloQ, even with the option to queue in parties.In the end do you either:A: Burn ~8% of that population by giving them their own queue with long queue times and wacky mactchmakingB: Burn over 90% of the population to make that 8% feel betterShould be a no-brainer.

There's also many other reasons:Like being restricted to playing with just 1 other person.Like people using DuoQ to snipe easy wins and essentially match manipulate through boring metagaming.Like how every season since DuoQ got unrestricted there's been a rating gap on the leaderboard(starting at about top 50 usually) that essentially shows who does and doesn't DuoQ.Like how it makes the only competitive mode outside of ATs less competitive. And like you say some people just don't have the patience or time for ATs.

The list goes on and on. There really isn't a single positive to take away from merged Solo/DuoQ.There's playing with friends I guess, but you'd get that either way with split queues, and with more friends to boot.

We voted for Solo Queue and all the people that wanted to play with their friends left, leaving the remaining population to slowly bleed out as they continually get matched with people that don't or can't do the objectives with no way to filter them. Little did we know that playing this mode with friends (and making friends to play it with if you had none/pick up a group of players as you go) was probably the only way to keep ranked alive and well.

Was getting pugstomped by premades better or worse than getting stomped because your team is bots? It's the same result, just took longer to get there lel

@Megametzler.5729 said:I want teamQ and soloQ seperated. Don't know why Anet doesn't at least try for a season or even a mini season. I agree with you, it might draw people into PVP. How many? We'd see.

This is my preference as well. As a soloer who is constantly between p2 / top 50 & as low as g3 I find if I want to maintain rank I need to look out for and actively dodge duos, which feels cheesy but duo queue breaks the game.

No until population can prove me that they have real full teams to play with for more than just 2 Golds. You damn well know players will complain about being stacked against certain other players as usual, nobody will play the mode because the only teams you'll see will be all the pubstars together which is not even close to 1% the current PvP playerbase, you're allowing problem to only get worst.

If you want to improve the quality of matchmaking, remove DuoQ from people that are top 250, consistent winners should prove their ability to win by playing SoloQ exclusively.

This idea is a good one, which has been asked for quite a lot but i have severe doubts about it actually being implemented. There are numerous reasons for this, one being the most prominent of the playerbase being pretty low, until that core issue is resolved anything regarding Qs probably wont see any change (just a theory though)

@Khalisto.5780 said:I'd rather double and even 3x ats daily and make ranked only solo queueI wouldn't even mind that either, then the waiting gap between tournaments would be less at least.. But you still have to push through 3-5 matches at once, which some people just can't do due to real life. Also there's no matchmaking/rating involved, which is to be expected as a tournament, but I guess that's the prime reason why most people don't participate at all. Can't blame silvers/gold for not wanting to force through a 500:0 match every AT when they are matched against Worms, Prestige or whatever..

This is a perfectly topical forum post... for early 2018. Since then the playerbase deteriorated too much for this change. Lets say teamQ is separated, even if all current pvp players join a team(which is definitely not going to happen, only a precentage of them), you'd get like 50 teams on EU, less on NA.If this change went through, I wouldn't play the gamemode because I know something like this would happen:I get into/make a team, we're obviously nowhere near to where we could be with enough practise, so we start Q-ing, and... first opponent is one of the top contestants of winning the monthly. We get curbstomped, but lets say we keep on playing... somehow most of our matches turn out like this. Because the veterans of the tournament system(those playing organised 5v5 for years) would stick to their own skill level while making teams, and Q-dodge each other for safe/slow rating farm.New teams would have a horrible experience, seasoned tournament veterans would be bored by lack of competition, and with players leaving (why play if it's not fun?) the gamemode would completely die out within a month or two.

So sadly the "population is low" argument is valid, no matter how stupid you think it is. Until EoD releases, it's just slow decay for us.

@Bazsi.2734 said:I know something like this would happen:I get into/make a team, we're obviously nowhere near to where we could be with enough practise, so we start Q-ing, and... first opponent is one of the top contestants of winning the monthly. We get curbstomped, but lets say we keep on playing... somehow most of our matches turn out like this. Because the veterans of the tournament system(those playing organised 5v5 for years) would stick to their own skill level while making teams, and Q-dodge each other for safe/slow rating farm.New teams would have a horrible experience, seasoned tournament veterans would be bored by lack of competition, and with players leaving (why play if it's not fun?) the gamemode would completely die out within a month or two.

I don't even disagree with you here, just one question: How is this different from current ATs?Are ATs superior because they limit the frequency of getting stomped by introducing super long waiting times between those matches? Idk.

@Shao.7236 said:No until population can prove me that they have real full teams to play with for more than just 2 Golds. You kitten well know players will complain about being stacked against certain other players as usual, nobody will play the mode because the only teams you'll see will be all the pubstars together which is not even close to 1% the current PvP playerbase, you're allowing problem to only get worst.

If you want to improve the quality of matchmaking, remove DuoQ from people that are top 250, consistent winners should prove their ability to win by playing SoloQ exclusively.

If anet does not give the queue option in group classified, your first sentence of your publication is impossible to be fulfilled, if you do not allow to play in team classified and only in AT, you are answering yourself.

@Archer.4362 said:

@Shao.7236 said:No until population can prove me that they have real full teams to play with for more than just 2 Golds. You kitten well know players will complain about being stacked against certain other players as usual, nobody will play the mode because the only teams you'll see will be all the pubstars together which is not even close to 1% the current PvP playerbase, you're allowing problem to only get worst.

If anet does not give the queue option in group classified, your first sentence of your publication is impossible to be fulfilled, if you do not allow to play in team classified and only in AT, you are answering yourself.

I don't get what you're trying to say.

If the population really care about having a full team Q, they'd already be playing AT, that's one factual part of the statement and we can easily prove that false. However AT's are underfilled at best and mAT suffers the same meme culture regular AT's have, just in for the gold.

Full team queue would be cancer and separate the population even more until we are left with people only caring for an improper DuoQ again.

All of that results in wasted dev time for Anet, preventing DuoQ from being as toxic as it is by properly adjusting restrictions for players with a greater influence is a better way to improve the current state of the game high level.

Prior to the move to solo and duo queue only, the game had various pvp guilds who would regularly jump in comms and 5-man in pvp. That is the time I enjoyed pvp the most personally. Problem with AT's is newer players and players who don't enjoy the toxic competitive environment shy away from it. I think a good middle-ground would be to change the unranked algorithm to put you in more competitive matches and separating queues in unranked only.

@"Bazsi.2734" said:This is a perfectly topical forum post... for early 2018. Since then the playerbase deteriorated too much for this change. Lets say teamQ is separated, even if all current pvp players join a team(which is definitely not going to happen, only a precentage of them), you'd get like 50 teams on EU, less on NA.If this change went through, I wouldn't play the gamemode because I know something like this would happen:I get into/make a team, we're obviously nowhere near to where we could be with enough practise, so we start Q-ing, and... first opponent is one of the top contestants of winning the monthly. We get curbstomped, but lets say we keep on playing... somehow most of our matches turn out like this. Because the veterans of the tournament system(those playing organised 5v5 for years) would stick to their own skill level while making teams, and Q-dodge each other for safe/slow rating farm.New teams would have a horrible experience, seasoned tournament veterans would be bored by lack of competition, and with players leaving (why play if it's not fun?) the gamemode would completely die out within a month or two.

So sadly the "population is low" argument is valid, no matter how stupid you think it is. Until EoD releases, it's just slow decay for us.

I think this is 100% exactly what will happen. There's just not enough of us playing to give the matchmaker opportunities, and announcing team queue is probably not going to magically pull in hundreds of previously absent players.

At least the ATs, being at set times, prevent the queue dodge to an extent. Even there, teams entering pretty much know that if you're going in with friends, it's just for the entry (and maaayyyybe 1 win) reward. Team queue will likely be the exact same lifeless domination that ATs are.

@DoomNexus.5324 said:

@Bazsi.2734 said:I know something like this would happen:I get into/make a team, we're obviously nowhere near to where we could be with enough practise, so we start Q-ing, and... first opponent is one of the top contestants of winning the monthly. We get curbstomped, but lets say we keep on playing... somehow most of our matches turn out like this. Because the veterans of the tournament system(those playing organised 5v5 for years) would stick to their own skill level while making teams, and Q-dodge each other for safe/slow rating farm.New teams would have a horrible experience, seasoned tournament veterans would be bored by lack of competition, and with players leaving (why play if it's not fun?) the gamemode would completely die out within a month or two.

I don't even disagree with you here, just one question: How is this different from current ATs?Are ATs superior because they limit the frequency of getting stomped by introducing super long waiting times between those matches? Idk.

It's not different from AT-s in this regard. I don't play AT-s either. Had a few attempts with friendlies, we had a few bye-s and curbstomps, then we got stomped. Not one match was even close to balanced. It was a sad mockery of what tournaments in GW1 used to look like, so I just stuck to soloQ since.There is a minimal population in the AT system because you can claim free rewards for even entering at this point.

@Shao.7236 said:

If the population really care about having a full team Q, they'd already be playing AT, that's one factual part of the statement and we can easily prove that false. However AT's are underfilled at best and mAT suffers the same meme culture regular AT's have, just in for the gold.

Full team queue would be cancer and separate the population even more until we are left with people only caring for an improper DuoQ again.

All of that results in wasted dev time for Anet, preventing DuoQ from being as toxic as it is by properly adjusting restrictions for players with a greater influence is a better way to improve the current state of the game high level.

The ATs do not work to create groups of continuous teams to generate more population, they are specific times and not always people can.

If it would be in a group of 5 in ranked, people would return to the game, which is why there are fewer people, you want to play with friends at any time, but you can, because people leave it and that's what happened.

@Archer.4362 said:

The ATs do not work to create groups of continuous teams to generate more population, they are specific times and not always people can.

If it would be in a group of 5 in ranked, people would return to the game, which is why there are fewer people, you want to play with friends at any time, but you can, because people leave it and that's what happened.

Under what claim do you think that 5 man Q's will bring more people when you're enabling even more toxicity to the try hards that already try to stack team in duoQ?

Nobody will want to play against 5 man try hard just like they already refuse to play AT's anyway.

DuoQ should be removed from people on the leaderboard, that would solve a great part of the competition because those who match manipulate are always on it.

It's not a competition if you can always be with someone when there is only one place up there. That arguement alone should make it obvious how having 5 man only makes it worst also.

@Shao.7236 said:

Under what claim do you think that 5 man Q's will bring more people when you're enabling even more toxicity to the try hards that already try to stack team in duoQ?

Nobody will want to play against 5 man try hard just like they already refuse to play AT's anyway.

DuoQ should be removed from people on the leaderboard, that would solve a great part of the competition because those who match manipulate are always on it.

It's not a competition if you can always be with someone when there is only one place up there. That arguement alone should make it obvious how having 5 man only makes it worst also.

Under what statement? When were more people playing? with groups of 5 friends or now.

I've been in gw2 since it started, and as soon as the groups of 5 were removed, the pvp was declining, it is a reality and a verifiable fact

@Archer.4362 said:

Under what statement? When were more people playing? with groups of 5 friends or now.

I've been in gw2 since it started, and as soon as the groups of 5 were removed, the pvp was declining, it is a reality and a verifiable fact

can confirm. i had a whole 50+ man PvP/WvW guild quit around the time it happened.

a few us are back playing, with a few new players too- but we basically only play WvW and the occasional unranked. tournaments are rarely at a convenient time for us, so it's not something we can do.

I'm the only person in the group with enough mental steel, or high enough you decide kekw- to put up with the trash bad attitude flamers and afkers in ranked. I can't say I blame them, the solo queue players are toxic and can't rotate at all. ranked is a terrible experience and is only worth for rewards tbh. it's not because of the game or balance, it's the players. full of bad attitude and no desire to learn or improve. honestly, people who really don't deserve my carry at all.

anyone with a long memory will remember we used to have a solo queue and a mixed queue for PvP. the solo queue was removed because people preferred to queue for mixed even when solo because the games were higher quality. often due to less afks and toxic chat, because guess what- most toxic people have no friends to queue with and have huge egos so queue solo.

it's a teamgame. banning teams is going to discourage people who value and enjoy teamplay from playing. you'll be left with just a ton of solo queue heros who flame, afk and blame all their losses on matchmaking and never improve. just like what we have now.

it's amusing to see solo players crying about matchmaking, since they are too lazy to actually form a team that works. they just want things to blame for not winning kekw

@Archer.4362

That's extremely biased to claim that PvP was declining exclusively because of the 5 man queue removal.

The moment PoF meta settled, that's where the player count actually started to declined because it was extremely boring and you can actually verify that with many player opinions talking about it even to this day, not losing team Q.

The repeated and aforemention issues are balance and DuoQ being a hinderance in higher ranks because of unwanted behaviors and stale experiences although since the balance patch we've seen improvements and newer builds even if people have complained about having lost their older overpowered builds, it's been a long time coming since there was only as little as 3 builds on the meta list but many in the great and good sections.

TeamQ does not improve on anything at all, that of being match manipulation and alt accounts breaking the leaderboard. Imagining the plebs not wanting to lose their ranks so anytime they've got what they want for the day, you might end up fighting teams of alts everywhere to which losing will be worser while they risk nothing, compared having just one player on one team that can only do so much by being afk 4v5 which have been known to still be winnable.

And obviously even if you don't care about Leaderboard like most, that doesn't change the fact there will be pratically no one to play with other than sweats and your fun will be ruined, y'all can't even put up with losing with randoms, losing with forced teams will be even more demoralizing.

I can imagine everyone trying to dodge TeamQ to avoid the sweatlords just not have even a match ever going at all.

@choovanski.5462

You say that like AT's in the long run don't benefit former teams compared Ranked SoloQ/DuoQ but they do and reward better in cash if winning accordingly, they also show you how easily Ranked would become stale with the same teams winning at no risk under different accounts to break the system even more and the lack of player for it.

For every 3 hours and you're not able to find the time? Sounds like a bad excuse, for mAT I'd understand but for every AT, I believe you might not even be trying.

Based on the average of 8 teams or so that show up in AT's which is one entire continent, with you telling me that can't be interested in doing AT's. The TeamQ will be dead in a week even if Anet hyped it up.

@Shao.7236 said:

I want to say I understand this viewpoint and think that there should be additional steps taken to address this, like accounts being given permanent dishonor if they're found to be manipulating matches and having their titles revoked, but I'm not sure how feasible that is if it hasn't happened yet.

There needs to be some semblance of balance here. People hate queueing with randoms who have no obligation to do anything just as much as they dislike getting bombed by premade teams. There has to be some sort of fix for one of these.

@Shao.7236 said:@Archer.4362

That's extremely biased to claim that PvP was declining exclusively because of the 5 man queue removal.

The moment PoF meta settled, that's where the player count actually started to declined because it was extremely boring and you can actually verify that with many player opinions talking about it even to this day, not losing team Q.

The repeated and aforemention issues are balance and DuoQ being a hinderance in higher ranks because of unwanted behaviors and stale experiences although since the balance patch we've seen improvements and newer builds even if people have complained about having lost their older overpowered builds, it's been a long time coming since there was only as little as 3 builds on the meta list but many in the great and good sections.

TeamQ does not improve on anything at all, that of being match manipulation and alt accounts breaking the leaderboard. Imagining the plebs not wanting to lose their ranks so anytime they've got what they want for the day, you might end up fighting teams of alts everywhere to which losing will be worser while they risk nothing, compared having just one player on one team that can only do so much by being afk 4v5 which have been known to still be winnable.

And obviously even if you don't care about Leaderboard like most, that doesn't change the fact there will be pratically no one to play with other than sweats and your fun will be ruined, y'all can't even put up with losing with randoms, losing with forced teams will be even more demoralizing.

I can imagine everyone trying to dodge TeamQ to avoid the sweatlords just not have even a match ever going at all.

@choovanski.5462

You say that like AT's in the long run don't benefit former teams compared Ranked SoloQ/DuoQ but they do and reward better in cash if winning accordingly, they also show you how easily Ranked would become stale with the same teams winning at no risk under different accounts to break the system even more and the lack of player for it.

For every 3 hours and you're not able to find the time? Sounds like a bad excuse, for mAT I'd understand but for every AT, I believe you might not even be trying.

Based on the average of 8 teams or so that show up in AT's which is one entire continent, with you telling me that can't be interested in doing AT's. The TeamQ will be dead in a week even if Anet hyped it up.

It would be very easy to implement, a checkbox like the fortress mode, you want to pair up with groups of people V or X, you don't want queues alone, you want to, you can enter those groups, and solved.

but hey, it's your opinion and mine. And I speak more behind POF than before POF they already removed the option of 5 vs 5 in group, so the patches and others are not worth it.

people clearly left because they couldn't play with people, but rather look at the myriad of posts over the years and on reddit.

But as I say, you have your respectable opinion and I have mine.

a greeting

@Shao.7236 said:For every 3 hours and you're not able to find the time? Sounds like a bad excuse, for mAT I'd understand but for every AT, I believe you might not even be trying.

every 3 hours is really not as convenient as you think, especially when you have to deal with people with lives in multiple time zones. the stars have to basically align for you to have everyone on for the exact time the tournament is. often you can end up with hours to kill before it. also, you are committed to an entire multi round tournament and sometimes your necro only has time for two games. it's really not ideal.

look, I'm glad we have ATs and I can do the occasional one, but dude it's not as convenient as you think. what if we just have time for two or three games, and don't have the time to wait two hours+ for an AT? our only option then is farming peepos in unranked, which is pretty sad so we usually just play WvW.