Which Weapon Would You Like Warrior To Be Able To Use In End Of Dragons?

Heisen.2315

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:Scepter won't happenShortbow won't happen

If Thieves can hit people with Kasmeer's Staff, Warriors should have no problems throwing Sceptres around.I don't see why Warrior shouldn't be able to wield Shortbow either. Warrior has yet to receive any midrange weapon.

Yeah, so obviously it will be pistol right?In terms of midrange weapons, Pistol has an 1/3 chance as it currently stands.

Sceptre throwing and Shortbow each have an 1/3 chance, too.And in my opinion, these fit GW2's Warrior much better.

But if Warrior gets Pistols, Arenanet ought to name it Soldier and the trade-off should be heaving to wear medium armour.

I cannot conceive of how the current scepter models would work at all with that plan unless you are summoning javelins Dark Souls style, which I can't see warrior doing ever at all. So make that 2 mid range options.

Shortbow could work, but since our Longbow is a hybrid weapon it would have to be either full on power or full on condi. That and I can't see a shortbow weapon set supporting a (pardon the pun) support playstyle. Not unless each arrow explodes on impact or if flavored to give boons in an area somehow, but then who knows it may come with an f2, f3, and f4 that bring that into play.

Pistol/Pistol really fills so many holes for warrior that it makes the most sense of the mid range weapons. Not that I won't play whatever the weapon ends up being, however I have 0 faith that staff or sceptre would work well at all.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I cannot conceive of how the current scepter models would work at all with that plan unless you are summoning javelins Dark Souls style, which I can't see warrior doing ever at all.There are Spear and Scythe skins in the Staff category, so Arenanet could simply add Sceptre skins that look like Javelins.Also, there already are some Sceptres that somewhat resemble Javelins, like Coldsnap, the Stonehard Sceptre and the Sunspear Rod.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I cannot conceive of how the current scepter models would work at all with that plan unless you are summoning javelins Dark Souls style, which I can't see warrior doing ever at all.There are Spear and Scythe skins in the Staff category, so Arenanet could simply add Sceptre skins that look like Javelins.Also, there already are some Sceptres that
somewhat
resemble Javelins, like Coldsnap, the Stonehard Sceptre and the Sunspear Rod.

Yeah, no. Besides a Javelin would be closer to the spear skins already in game, at which point just give us land spear as a thrown weapon and give us back Paragon as the new espec for warrior.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I cannot conceive of how the current scepter models would work at all with that plan unless you are summoning javelins Dark Souls style, which I can't see warrior doing ever at all.There are Spear and Scythe skins in the Staff category, so Arenanet could simply add Sceptre skins that look like Javelins.Also, there already are some Sceptres that
somewhat

Yeah, no. Besides a Javelin would be closer to the spear skins already in game, at which point just give us land spear as a thrown weapon and give us back Paragon as the new espec for warrior.

I would very much welcome actual Javelins as a new weapon category myself.But I just can't see Arenanet implementing a new weapon category, even if they just have to take the existing spear skins (and some of the Staff skins) and downscale them into a one-handed size.Therefore, repurposing the Sceptre category in a way befitting for Warrior seems more realistic to me.

@Fueki.4753 said:

somewhat

I would very much welcome actual Javelins as a new weapon category myself.But I just can't see Arenanet implementing a new weapon category, even if they just have to take the existing spear skins (and some of the Staff skins) and downscale them into a one-handed size.Therefore, repurposing the Sceptre category in a way befitting for Warrior seems more realistic to me.

Pistol/Pistol would be more realistic, but we'll have to agree to disagree there :+1:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@otto.5684 said:

@Touchme.1097 said:Staff, and the reason is the monk elite specialization coming back in EoD could use the warrior as template because monks are warriors basically

I am expecting something like that. More akin to FB.

You know what? If it is like FB and we get 15 new skills, all of which count as Burst attacks for trait purposes, then sure I'll take Staff.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Touchme.1097 said:Staff, and the reason is the monk elite specialization coming back in EoD could use the warrior as template because monks are warriors basically

I am expecting something like that. More akin to FB.

You know what? If it is like FB and we get 15 new skills, all of which count as Burst attacks for trait purposes, then sure I'll take Staff.

Ya same here. I may not be in the majority, but I think warrior is not performing that great right now. a good dps and support build would give it more viability.

I'm surprised more people aren't going with pistol, tbh. Staff may bring some conceptual archetypes (like a quarterstaff or pseudo spear), but pistol brings in medium range potential on main and/or offhand, which has always been a gap for warrior.

A bruiser/thug or even pirate (Yarr!) could couple with that. Alternatively, make it a cop spec to tie in with the Cantha city theme with skills that are especially useful vs thieves.

@Choppy.4183 said:I'm surprised more people aren't going with pistol, tbh. Staff may bring some conceptual archetypes (like a quarterstaff or pseudo spear), but pistol brings in medium range potential on main and/or offhand, which has always been a gap for warrior.

A bruiser/thug or even pirate (Yarr!) could couple with that. Alternatively, make it a cop spec to tie in with the Cantha city theme with skills that are especially useful vs thieves.

This guy here gets it.

@Choppy.4183 said:I'm surprised more people aren't going with pistol, tbh. Staff may bring some conceptual archetypes (like a quarterstaff or pseudo spear), but pistol brings in medium range potential on main and/or offhand, which has always been a gap for warrior.

Well, many people want polearms for warrior and staves are an opportunity to achieve this without forcing Anet to make systemic changes like enabling spears on land. So it doesn't really surprise me that the majority of people voted for staff, it was the reason I did it, too.

I just wish the warrior speck that comes is not another sidenoder for pvp and bring banners for pve , I think we have too many of those already. I'm leaning on staff cause range weapons tend to be duds and not used on at least one of the modes, usually PVE. I just don't want another repeat like PVE spellbreaker , it really doesn't matter what kind of weapon it is as long as it can be used on all modes.

• 2 weeks later...