Which Weapon Would You Like Warrior To Be Able To Use In End Of Dragons?

Heisen.2315

• 3 weeks later...

Since Warriors new Elite Specc will of course be the Samurai, they should go for something like this:

No new Weapons, but Samurai can specialize in a type of Weapon.

First Minor Trait: Youre a Samurai now. You lose Weapon swap. Every skill you use that deals damage gives you one Point of CHI if that skill hasnt been used in the last 9 Seconds. If within 9 seconds you use a skill twice, you lose all CHI. Your F1 deals 10% additional Damage per point of Chi and consumes all CHI.

First big traits:

1: Two Handed Spezialization: Melee Two handed Weapons deal 10% more Damage, attack 10% faster and have 10% less Cooldown on Skills.

2. Two Weapon Spezialization: When wielding 2 Weapons, attack Speed and Damage increases by 10% and Weapons have 10% less Cooldown on Skills.

3. Ranged Specialization: Ranged Weapons deal 10% more Damage, attack 10% faster and have 10% less cooldown on skills.

Something like this would be nice.

• Like 1

Regarding pistols, I think it could work for the Warrior theme. I’m thinking a Wild West style gunslinger, with pistol whip (for CC perhaps), a close-range shot and then some mid-range abilities mixed in. Maybe some sort of “fan the hammer” type ability for a multiple target scenario.

I’m not sure of the elite mechanic. Perhaps something related to a six-shot theme (keeping with the Wild West style). Maybe you “load” shots and then once you reach six, weapon skills flip over or something... I dunno, just spitballing here.

Edited by crewthief.8649

41 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Regarding pistols, I think it could work for the Warrior theme. I’m thinking a Wild West style gunslinger, with pistol whip (for CC perhaps), a close-range shot and then some mid-range abilities mixed in. Maybe some sort of “fan the hammer” type ability for a multiple target scenario.

I’m not sure of the elite mechanic. Perhaps something related to a six-shot theme (keeping with the Wild West style). Maybe you “load” shots and then once you reach six, weapon skills flip over or something... I dunno, just spitballing here.

A popular new mechanic that gets mentioned over and over is to have a F2 that gives your OH weapon its own burst (2H weapons would get a second burst).

In my pistol espec thread for exampele I gave one pistol a blast finisher burst and the other a burst that left a field.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 8:19 PM, Blumpf.2518 said:

Since Warriors new Elite Specc will of course be the Samurai, they should go for something like this:

No new Weapons, but Samurai can specialize in a type of Weapon.

First Minor Trait: Youre a Samurai now. You lose Weapon swap. Every skill you use that deals damage gives you one Point of CHI if that skill hasnt been used in the last 9 Seconds. If within 9 seconds you use a skill twice, you lose all CHI. Your F1 deals 10% additional Damage per point of Chi and consumes all CHI.

First big traits:

1: Two Handed Spezialization: Melee Two handed Weapons deal 10% more Damage, attack 10% faster and have 10% less Cooldown on Skills.

2. Two Weapon Spezialization: When wielding 2 Weapons, attack Speed and Damage increases by 10% and Weapons have 10% less Cooldown on Skills.

3. Ranged Specialization: Ranged Weapons deal 10% more Damage, attack 10% faster and have 10% less cooldown on skills.

Something like this would be nice.

This would be cool, unfortunately the devs would have to redesign gs and sw skills from the standard warrior animations to the stylised fighting style of Japanese sword fighting or it wouldn't work, even if they gave it a spear they'd have to change the sword skills or would look dumb haha. They'd have a easier time giving thief a kimono and a off hand sword and call it a Ronin or bandit for its samurai type spec, since a lot of ronins resorted to thievery,/pirating to make ends meet.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

29 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

A popular new mechanic that gets mentioned over and over is to have a F2 that gives your OH weapon its own burst (2H weapons would get a second burst).

In my pistol espec thread for exampele I gave one pistol a blast finisher burst and the other a burst that left a field.

That would be kinda cool getting another burst, maybe or maybe F1, F2, F3 and F1 is your normal F1, F2 is your off hand (or another type of burst if it's a dual handed weapon) then F3 could be a burst of what you have equipped now and what you'd weapon swap to next. Greatsword/hammer could be an interesting burst, then Anet would have to give us more skills.  Which we're limited compared to other professions.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

That would be kinda cool getting another burst, maybe or maybe F1, F2, F3 and F1 is your normal F1, F2 is your off hand (or another type of burst if it's a dual handed weapon) then F3 could be a burst of what you have equipped now and what you'd weapon swap to next. Greatsword/hammer could be an interesting burst, then Anet would have to give us more skills.  Which we're limited compared to other professions.

Ooohhhhhh, I like that idea. Perhaps that could be a two part attack where the first part is based on the current weapon, then it swaps to the other weapon set for the other attack but has a separate CD from normal weapon swap. The CD would have to be 10s though on that F3. The two parts would be entirely different from the other bursts though.

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Ooohhhhhh, I like that idea. Perhaps that could be a two part attack where the first part is based on the current weapon, then it swaps to the other weapon set for the other attack but has a separate CD from normal weapon swap. The CD would have to be 10s though on that F3. The two parts would be entirely different from the other bursts though.

I think it could be very cool, and our burst would be different on greatsword/hammer that it would if we were hammer/greatsword first.

2 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I think it could be very cool, and our burst would be different on greatsword/hammer that it would if we were hammer/greatsword first.

mmmm complex gameplay on warrior.

Of course that means that it will never happen... I mean that would be like giving warrior a dual attack based on its equipped weapon sets and Thieves and Weavers would QQ so hard about that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I like that idea as well. Seems sort of Weaver-esque (their 3 skill) but with Warrior spin. 

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Was your idea a gunslinger theme, or something different? I haven’t read/seen that thread.

I think a lot of people are hung up on pistol not being “thematic” for Warrior, but I think that’s just a lack of imagination. You could definitely come up with a thug/bruiser type using both melee and close and mid-range shots. 

Edited by crewthief.8649

20 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

I like that idea as well. Seems sort of Weaver-esque (their 3 skill) but with Warrior spin. 

Was your idea a gunslinger theme, or something different? I haven’t read/seen that thread.

I think a lot of people are hung up on pistol not being “thematic” for Warrior, but I think that’s just a lack of imagination. You could definitely come up with a thug/bruiser type using both melee and close and mid-range shots. 

It was more of a Battlefield Commander theme. Commanders back in the day had pistols.

It focused on laying down fields and using blast finishers, that were enhanced via the traitline, to support teammates. This is the best way I can think of for a warrior support line. We used to have 'Powerful Synergy' that doubled our finishers so its in line with the warrior theme overall. The way I boosted finishers was to give extra boons, auras, healing, or stealth based on the field. I also boosted the fields by have a trait to cripple, weaken, or poison the enemy.

I had a similar espec called 'Taicho' that used land spear. Taicho meaning 'commander' or 'captain' in Japanese. That espec was more of a Final Fantasy Dragon but with fields that their jumps blasted. The traitlines of the two were the same but the Commander one had 'Commands' (I know that they are functionally the same as Shouts, but Anet changed Ranger Shouts to Commands so I took it). The Taicho had 'paper bombs' like you see in anime that created elemental fields and self blasted the fields

I like the Commander more, but I think I prefer the Taicho's skill type that I gave it more so if I had to put one together now I take my Commander spec but with the Taicho's paper bombs included in it.

• Like 1

Wouldn’t it be great if the elite spec has Fast Hands as a baseline of the spec (since it looks like they’re not giving it to Warrior as baseline)?

And FYI @Lan Deathrider.5910 service members in leadership positions (at least those in the US Army) are still issued a pistol as their primary weapon.

Edited by crewthief.8649

44 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Wouldn’t it be great if the elite spec has Fast Hands as a baseline of the spec (since it looks like they’re not giving it to Warrior as baseline)?

And FYI @Lan Deathrider.5910 service members in leadership positions (at least those in the US Army) are still issued a pistol as their primary weapon.

I know. It was more of a reference to Revolutionary to Civil War era officers using a saber and pistol.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...