Please Stop Gating Content behind Personal Story/Living World

Spook.5847

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@"Spook.5847" said:Look, I dont care about cut scenes or voice acting in this case. If I want that, I can watch anime.

If I wanted rewards, I’d go to work,If I wanted gameplay, I’d play chess.If I wanted a soundtrack, I’d listen to Spotify.

Point is, there’s nothing wrong with wanting story in a game.

Nothing wrong in wanting story? True, but why is it required to enter new map? I couldn't care less about WvW/PvP but the story is trash. I have no intrest in listening to NPCs vapid one-liners and the endless comic reliefs, and the "witty banter" replacing basically everything in the story. After all, there is nothing left but "witty banter". Yes, when i play games, i want gameplay. Big shock, i'm sure.

I hope you never play one of those other MMOs, then. Guild Wars 2 is story-lite.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@"Yggranya.5201" said:

Nothing wrong in wanting story? True, but why is it required to enter new map? I couldn't care less about WvW/PvP but the story is trash. I have no intrest in listening to NPCs vapid one-liners and the endless comic reliefs, and the "witty banter" replacing basically everything in the story. After all, there is nothing left but "witty banter". Yes, when i play games, i want gameplay. Big shock, i'm sure.

I hope you never play one of those other MMOs, then. Guild Wars 2 is story-lite.Yeah, FF XIV, for example, locks
everything
behind story. And you can't skip parts of the story like you can do in GW2. Want to do the most recent alliance raid instance? Sure, but you need to do the whole A Realm Reborn storyline, 2.x patches, level 50 alliance raid (crystal tower) storyline, Heavensward storyline, 3.x patches, Stormblood storyline, 4.x patches, and Shadowbringers storyline. And then you can start the Yorha questline and do the Copied factory alliance raid. And a few more quests after it. And only
then
you will be allowed to enter the Puppet's Bunker.

Easy, right?

At the same time, in gw2, all you need is to have the specific expansion bought, go to aerodrome and enter correct portal. So, sure, GW2 locks a lot behind a story.

@"mindcircus.1506" said:A PvE player says they don't want to play WvW for their rewards and this community jumps in with a dozen half-baked ideas for the devs to soften the acquisition of a GoB."make it tradeable!""make it purchasable for badges of honor!"A WvW player says they don't want to play PvE for their rewards and this community tells them..."If you don't like it then play another game"Thanks @"DreamyAbaddon.3265" super productive.

There was a time not so long ago when new cosmetic rewards such as armor skins were earnable in WvW/sPvP via reward track. This is true for just about every(non gemstore) armor set released up to and including those that shipped with PoF. When a new map released we were also given an associated reward track in competitive to earn the skins.This changed in Season 4. Players in WvW are not able to earn things like the Runic or Requiem or MistShard sets. Since Grothmar, the reward track for the current content has offered nothing but a small map currency stipend at the end of the track. No access to things like the Stormcaller, or Tengu weapons, no access to the armor skins.

While the OP going full Karen about a an hour of PvE to unlock a reward track is pretty ridiculous, there is an actual problem here that goes to the core of the "play how you want" mantra of the original developer vision for this game.Ignoring this and telling the player to eff off and play something else because they favor a different game mode than you is not helpful, constructive, or inclusive.

So the threads that I read about it again and again show me rather the opposite.People are stepping exactly the same on said PVE players as here in this thread on this wvw-player.(Currently, people here generally like to trample on others.)The thing is that PVE is played more and there are probably more people who do not like WVW and therefore want other access to some only-wvw things. I would for example defend any thread where someone demands a second way to get the GOB. While I personally don't care about WVW, since I don't like WVW, but I wouldn't care if WVW also has ways to get their stuff without having to play PVE.

@Fuchslein.8639 said:

So the threads that I read about it again and again show me rather the opposite.People are stepping exactly the same on said PVE players as here in this thread on this wvw-player.(Currently, people here generally like to trample on others.)The thing is that PVE is played more and there are probably more people who do not like WVW and therefore want other access to some only-wvw things. I would for example defend any thread where someone demands a second way to get the GOB. While I personally don't care about WVW, since I don't like WVW, but I wouldn't care if WVW also has ways to get their stuff without having to play PVE.

Your argument for supporting other methods for obtaining the Gift of Battle is also invalid.

Legendary weapons were implemented with the intent of showing a mastery of each aspect of this game, with the notable exception of sPvP. Previously you required full WvWvW map completion in addition to the PvE map completion, then ArenaNet removed this requirement to cater to the non-WvWvW players.

The method for obtaining a Gift of Battle is unlikely to change so either:

a.) Get behind it and actually play the game the way the developers intended you to play it.

or

b.) Don't bother with legendary weapons and go for their ascended equivalents.

@Donutdude.9582 said:

Your argument for supporting other methods for obtaining the Gift of Battle is also invalid.

Legendary weapons were implemented with the intent of showing a mastery of each aspect of this game, with the notable exception of sPvP. Previously you required full WvWvW map completion
in addition to
the PvE map completion, then ArenaNet removed this requirement to cater to the non-WvWvW players.

a.) Get behind it and actually play the game the way the developers intended you to play it.

or

I wouldnt be so sure about that. Wvw is a neglected mode, and besides that anet lowered the requirement for the sublime wvw armor skins from 2000 rank to... 500.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Samnang.1879 said:Agreed.

We should also be told in advance if we need certain items for future things... so I don't delete them and realise I need them... example tomes of knowledge... I always delete them but then realised I need 100 to buy something -_-

I saw devs on the Livestream asking each other why players don't delete ... I think it was Legendary Spikes from WvW. We don't delete things because we don't know what the devs will implement in the future... but here's the irony... because they might not work there long, neither do THEY! So why they're mystified about this is beyond me.

I agree with the OP.

Devs dont know that legendary spikes are worth 30s if you sell them to the vendor? YOU NEVER DELETE LEGENDARY SPIKES. You sell them.

@Donutdude.9582 said:

Legendary weapons were implemented with the intent of showing a mastery of each aspect of this game, with the notable exception of sPvP. Previously you required full WvWvW map completion
in addition to
the PvE map completion, then ArenaNet removed this requirement to cater to the non-WvWvW players.

or

The devs have made it so that you can farm wvw paths afk without much effort so I don't really care.I just wanted to say with my contribution that pve-players here in the forum also get enough shade if their opinion is just a little bit different from the mass.