Guardian is the strongest

Crab Fear.1624

Depends on your needs, movility rev mes thief ranger warrior and even necro with speed runes, power, rev thief warrior mesmer ranger, engi, condi is diferent guard has more burst on condi because of burn but lest sustained damage over a longer fightSuport warrior and ele are better over all unless your are counting raw healing.So to answer your question in short it depends really on what your team needs “build”

Guardian beats mesmer, engi, thiefGuardian is 50/50 with necro, warrior, these matchups really come down to skill or 1 lucky hit turning everything around.Guardian loses to rev/ren, ranger, weaver

So, no, guardian is not "the strongest". If you're a mesmer or thief I can imagine you'd think that. But if you're a renegade guardians are free food. Guardian actually has a fairly balanced mix of matchups, with some being easy and some being very hard.

I'm assuming this is a troll post; the above is just an FYI for anyone else reading this. If it isn't a troll post...... yikes. Just try asking anyone in the top 100 what the strongest 1v1 class is. It'll be a looooong time before anyone says "guardian".

@Armen.1483 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:Guardian beats mesmer, engi, thiefActually mesmer counters DH. You can trigger their traps with phantasms if they want to meme trap you on node.

True, but guardian is more than just trapper-DH.

TBH, everything counters trapper-DH. Beating trapper-DH isn't about classes or builds, it's just about applying 3% of brain power. But try telling that to this community....

@"Ragnar.4257" said:Guardian beats mesmer, engi, thiefGuardian is 50/50 with necro, warrior, these matchups really come down to skill or 1 lucky hit turning everything around.Guardian loses to rev/ren, ranger, weaver

So, no, guardian is not "the strongest". If you're a mesmer or thief I can imagine you'd think that. But if you're a renegade guardians are free food. Guardian actually has a fairly balanced mix of matchups, with some being easy and some being very hard.

I'm assuming this is a troll post; the above is just an FYI for anyone else reading this. If it isn't a troll post...... yikes. Just try asking anyone in the top 100 what the strongest 1v1 class is. It'll be a looooong time before anyone says "guardian".

Guardian is 50/50 with necro, warrior, these matchups really come down to skill or 1 lucky hit turning everything around.Guardian loses to rev/ren, ranger, weaverDepends on build right?

Again war, FB can win quite easily? Core bunker can not loose to it and can win the node, same for rev?ranger, at least it is super easy to kill the pet for a burn guard?

@Crozame.4098 said:

@"Ragnar.4257" said:Guardian beats mesmer, engi, thiefGuardian is 50/50 with necro, warrior, these matchups really come down to skill or 1 lucky hit turning everything around.Guardian loses to rev/ren, ranger, weaver

Guardian is 50/50 with necro, warrior, these matchups really come down to skill or 1 lucky hit turning everything around.Guardian loses to rev/ren, ranger, weaverDepends on build right?

Again war, FB can win quite easily? Core bunker can not loose to it and can win the node, same for rev?ranger, at least it is super easy to kill the pet for a burn guard?

Well, yes it depends on build. The above is a general guide, not true for every possible combination of builds. FB from a year ago would beat warrior easily.... but you must have missed like 10 balance patches to think that's still true.

Ranger pet will only die in a 1v1 with guard if the ranger isn't paying attention and doesn't make use of pet swap/recall. Obviously if the ranger is bad, the guardian will win. That's not really a valid comparison.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:Guardian beats mesmer, engi, thiefGuardian is 50/50 with necro, warrior, these matchups really come down to skill or 1 lucky hit turning everything around.Guardian loses to rev/ren, ranger, weaver

Well, yes it depends on build. The above is a general guide, not true for every possible combination of builds. FB from a year ago would beat warrior easily.... but you must have missed like 10 balance patches to think that's still true.

Ranger pet will only die in a 1v1 with guard if the ranger isn't paying attention and doesn't make use of pet swap/recall. Obviously if the ranger is bad, the guardian will win. That's not really a valid comparison.

It's possible to pay attention, but if you sawp your pet because it has 100hp and your full pet comes without cd increase, it's possible that it can survive the 15 seconds or it survives 3 seconds because it gets hit by 1 spirit sword

I don't agree. What do you mean with strongest? DPS? Self healing? Mobility?
Before starting playing GW2 I have seen videos of warriors winning against guardians but that didn't stop me from picking guardian because it's the closest professions to what I used to play in other games. Go check warriors and see it for yourself.

@Avatar.3568 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:Guardian beats mesmer, engi, thiefGuardian is 50/50 with necro, warrior, these matchups really come down to skill or 1 lucky hit turning everything around.Guardian loses to rev/ren, ranger, weaver

It's possible to pay attention, but if you sawp your pet because it has 100hp and your full pet comes without cd increase, it's possible that it can survive the 15 seconds or it survives 3 seconds because it gets hit by 1 spirit sword

Do tell me more about how a spirit sword, which will do at most 8k burning damage if all 4 hits connect, can insta-kill a pet with 28k-40k hp.

In a 1v1 scenario, if your pet dies its your own fault. Simply no other way of looking at it. Obviously in big fights its different, but 1v1 its very clear.

Really Mesmer beats guardian and ranger is 50/50 based as you correctly states on personal skill level, if the ranger isn't using MM or warhorn , he will have a hard time getting through the block rotations of a guardian who knows what he's doing, plus a glass cannon build user will have less condi cleanse than a bruiser build and overall Spear of Justice can make life miserable for unprepared rangers as it removes one of their main tools to survive : Stealth...against mesmer it's not the same as they have multiple sources of stealth with shorter CD and can more easily disengage from SJ range thx to Blink and Jaunt, also SJ won't go through Distortion as it's not a block

Then mesmer can use clones to trigger traps and stealth repositioning to tire out any guardian spec, really only pre-nerf FB had a solid chance against well played mesmers, in the end for me only engi is a match up in my favour; mesmer is an unfavourable matchup and the rest is 50/50

Facts. Herald / Renegade run my pockets. Ranger hurts

Guardian is a noob stomper and overpowers team fights without much effort. Which exasperates the problem of so many players stuck in gold.

Honestly, pvp is plagued by the fact that every player on the team has to do their part. If 1/5 or 2/5 of the players somehow throw, make a series of mistakes, or whatever, then the whole team fails.

You either carry with a duo or hope that the other team is worse. But none of that is guardians fault and it clearly has counters. Guardian's assumed OP status is more a symptom of the problem, not the cause.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Do tell me more about how a spirit sword, which will do at most 8k burning damage if all 4 hits connect, can insta-kill a pet with 28k-40k hp.

In a 1v1 scenario, if your pet dies its your own fault. Simply no other way of looking at it. Obviously in big fights its different, but 1v1 its very clear.

The maximum HP of a pet in PvP is 31k. If the ranger is using an actually useful pet, we are looking at 16-24k HP (with beastmastery and without druid, oherwise even less!). A burn guardian can absolutely melt those pets within seconds and there is often nothing the ranger can do about it.

Not saying guard is op or ranger can't win vs it, just that dead pets aren't always the result of the ranger misplaying, even in 1vs1 and especially vs guardian. Ranger simply does not have the tools to reliably protect the pets.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

So you only use 1 skill in 15s? Must be quite challenging… I have had no issue killing most pets on power scourge / bruiser scrapper and recently core power guard. Only a few are really tanky like jacaranda. Since most of the pets cannot dispel conditions I have a hard time seeing condi being worse than power builds…Also the pet only has 2 positions (go for the target or stay close) the only way you can prevent that is to have him close to you and far from the node which would mean a decap.

So you can find ways to deal with the pet.On deadeye I didn't go for the pet. When there is a high ground I just hit the ranger, go down before the pet reaches me, then tp back up.

Have been out of the spvp for a while. Is guardian even viable nowadays? FB was extremely strong solo pre Feb patch. Now it is garbage. Burn guardian is not a solo build, core or DH. It can do well against melee enemies, especially without good access to cleanse. But loses to any competent range and cleanse. DH trapper, power or condi cannot solo kill anything with 2 brain cells. Symbolist is probably the strongest solo, but I have better things to do beside dancing on a point for 5 minutes. And there are better builds that can do that.

• Confused 1

@otto.5684 said:Have been out of the spvp for a while. Is guardian even viable nowadays? FB was extremely strong solo pre Feb patch. Now it is garbage. Burn guardian is not a solo build, core or DH. It can do well against melee enemies, especially without good access to cleanse. But loses to any competent range and cleanse. DH trapper, power or condi cannot solo kill anything with 2 brain cells. Symbolist is probably the strongest solo, but I have better things to do beside dancing on a point for 5 minutes. And there are better builds that can do that.

Power guard is gold tier, burn core is gold tier same as dh fb is non existant and core heals is plat 1 but is good for tourney and not good to solo queue.

I just can't take seriously anymore..... a guardian has an easier time vs a mesmer than a ranger.....like wtf really...is this the twilight zone? One of my favourite build is burn DH (not trapper BS) with which I melt typical ranger in a matter of secs , torch+sword combo and the pets disappear, JI+SoJ and the pewpew ranger is down for the count...and people have problem with that...but can easily beat a well played PU shatter chrono or mirage or even core.

Yeah ok thank you for laugh..oh my god and how the hell does a well played guardian lose to a renegade when all they have for burst is shortbow and no access to Glint heal to cover for condi burst?

The truth is that it's extremely easy to counterplay typical ranger and normally those who succeed on the class have spent few hundred hours on it..and not just started yesterday like you can do with builds like stealth DH trapper or MM core necro, an average guardian can shield or focus the untrained ranger...easily reach him and kill him fast with whatever...while the newb guardian just sit in its traps and require the opponent to actually show more skill by comparison

Easier for a guardian to beat a mesmer than a ranger....this is horse manure .....

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

@otto.5684 said:Have been out of the spvp for a while. Is guardian even viable nowadays? FB was extremely strong solo pre Feb patch. Now it is garbage. Burn guardian is not a solo build, core or DH. It can do well against melee enemies, especially without good access to cleanse. But loses to any competent range and cleanse. DH trapper, power or condi cannot solo kill anything with 2 brain cells. Symbolist is probably the strongest solo, but I have better things to do beside dancing on a point for 5 minutes. And there are better builds that can do that.

Power guard is gold tier, burn core is gold tier same as dh fb is non existant and core heals is plat 1 but is good for tourney and not good to solo queue.

That is what I thought. People still complain about condo trapper DH: garbage build that only thing it does is troll poor g2 and lower rating players.