One picture to encapsulate Revenant in pvp

Flauvious.6195

@Crinn.7864 said:Herald isn't bad though. It's just Renegade that is trash.

Herald is pretty underwhelming after all the nerfs...

Not to mention all the weakness flying around that gimps it's damage. So it's both paper and can only kill paper! Except the other paper class is thief which counters rev now thanks to bullshit 2x 4k essence sap hooray!

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Not to mention all the weakness flying around that gimps it's damage. So it's both paper and can only kill paper! Except the other paper class is thief which counters rev now thanks to kitten 2x 4k essence sap hooray!

thief and any condi class ;-)

@Amityel.5324 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Not to mention all the weakness flying around that gimps it's damage. So it's both paper and can only kill paper! Except the other paper class is thief which counters rev now thanks to kitten 2x 4k essence sap hooray!

thief and any condi class ;-)

Haha and the funny thing is if you happen to be able to dodge or block EVERYTHING (you have to or you're dead) and do enough damage to win, revenant suddenly OP :D

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Don't mind the masses, play what you like. Unranked is more relaxing in this regard. I like having a rev by my side on my weaver.

What's funny is this was in unranked. I play guardian in ranked but in the off-season I like to try new things and have fun but people still wanna try hard with their scourges and spellbreakers. Imagine how salty he would be if he knew I was also power rev heh

The problem is unless you are demon condi build, or use ventari (and be completely useless otherwise), herald has literally 0 condi cleanse. You're supposedly "weak to heavy condi pressure", but you can't be weak to a thing 90% of people are using, this just means you're weak.

It's sad but true. I made it into plat again with rev this season but it was 10x as hard with all the mess that is the new specs. I expected the new "playstyle" anet promissed with renegade but I'm still looking for it with no sucess :/ .What bother me the most is how this community never change when it comes to balance, instead of trying to learn how to counter class X they go straight to the forums asking for nerfs and anet grant it 60% of the time.Rev is still full of things that require fixes like UA for instance, poor synergy between specs, etc. It really feels like an unfinished class. I love rev but this situation is really awful cuz every class seems to be a counter to us these days. :'(

@Shirlias.8104 said:So, ventari is not viable anymore?

Not really, it had two strengths: the ability to not die in any 1v1's and the ability to decap most things quickly with aoe knock back spam and both things were effectively neutered. It was basically a spellbreaker that pushed far and knocked people off points instead of just killing them. The knock back effective cool down was nearly tripled dramatically lowering its decap capabilities and now scourges can easily kill it 1v1 which basically every team has at least 1. It has never really been competitive in its intended role of heal support because the tablet is too slow and clunky for the small area it affects to keep up with constantly moving teammates.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:Revenant is pure trash now.It hits as hard as paladin amulet revenant pre nerfs.

There are still people out there that think revenant does too much damage for how much "defense" it has (2 blocks and 1 defensive evade...)

1 defensive evade which you cant use 50% of the time along with zero condi cleanse.

Those haters come from WvW probably where it still does some decent damage (just like war) in FULL zerk gear. Can't do much shit against new specs even there though.

@Flauvious.6195 said:

The problem is unless you are demon condi build, or use ventari (and be completely useless otherwise), herald has literally 0 condi cleanse. You're supposedly "weak to heavy condi pressure", but you can't be weak to a thing 90% of people are using, this just means you're weak.

Except only Necromancer and Mesmer are the only two classes that run condi right now.

Archived