Scourge bots in 40-60 maps

Jase.6819

Is anything ever done about these bots? I'm not talking about the ones that stand on one spot and "afk farm", these are legit bots, all Scourges that run from mob to mob on the same path killing everything nearby. They are always in maps like Blazeridge Steps and Iron Marches. I've tried reporting them, but ones I saw weeks ago and added to my friends list are still online 24/7 running around. They all use the same raptor mount skin too, one that's not even available most of the time, usually have 0 mastery points and and low achievement points. If they are using new accounts a lot of the time, how are they unlocking a raptor mount skin that you can't even get (it's from a loot box on the cash shop that hasn't been on the gem store for a while)?

Sadly we can only right click report them for botting and hope that Anet actually do something about it. This issue has been around for years now and there are not much impact at all so I won't really expect anything at this point.

You haven't seen those AFK necro on sandswept isles yet. THERE ARE A LOT of them. probably on a lot more maps to be honest

• 3 weeks later...

I think by now it maybe easier to remove the policy and allow "bots" aka scripts to automate farming and multi-key presses. They are everywhere, it is pretty sad when you can get them killed and they lay there dead for an hour until booted to the character select, then they login again, and back to necro greatsword auto-cast'ing 4. Some of them auto-cast 1 for hours and hours and hours - and not just necros. Frankly the last time anet ran detection against cheaters the community screamed at them for 'scanning files'. It's a double-standard where nobody really wins. I'd love to talk to an anet PM or developer in private to give them ideas on combating this, if they still want to combat it; but its a cat and mouse game and people will always find the bare-minimum to qualify a "not afk" and such. I'd love the support team to have more exciting things to work on like new content/features/bugfixes than to have them chase down these obvious farmers. Plus, the more farmers, the more paid accounts for anet. Soon the farmers will have enough gold on their main account they can stream and then give legendaries away to random folks on their streams. It's not real-money trading when it's a raffle to a stream right (lets ignore the patreon of those too).