What kind of maps are missing in gw2 to you?

hugo.4705

@Ledha.9640 said:A giant city map. Like mordheim from warhammer. Imagine a ruined city with all its locations, thieves, undeads, demons running around, a maze of streets, avenues, corridors and houses and buildings where danger is at every turn

If they do kaineng with the next expac you'll have it. It's basicly a quarter of Cantha :)

if the maps/zones in EoD are going to be bigger than PoF's then maybe they can possibly do an open sea/ocean zone? with many small~medium sized islands spread apart for fighting inland and an expansive underwater area (as with the other suggestions above)

there's a big patch of water (unending ocean) between tyria and cantha so somewhere there maybe.

and then they could probably add a few ships (1 to 3, not more than 5) circling/patrolling around the map which you can board or take over/whatever kinda like that airship your story/quest friends are in that goes in circles in Dragonfall which you can board if you have a skyscale but this time it's boats/ships

I cannot think of any maps I want more of, but definitely less. I am sick of the deserts. They are visually unappealing. GW pre-searing was beautiful, probably the best game ever. Then the searing came and the map was horrid. It got better later, but I barely made it through the boredom of the first desert.

GW2 is not as bad on deserts as GW, but is still too desert heavy. I love PoF, but was glad to get out of that desert ha ha.

Maybe more like Grothmar. It was reminiscent of GW pre-searing. A gorgeous landscape - which is where GW has always shined.

I believe that the Forging Steel map with the strike mission on the tank is a pretty beautiful map with different climates. Position that somewhere next to Drizzlewood, maybe connecting to Anvil Rock or Gunnar's Hold and it will be golden.

Dataminers discovered that the Eye of the North may be expanded right? If yes, I'd love for it to connect, Fireheart Rise, Frostgorge Sound and Bitterfrost Frontier. Then Gunnar's Hold being the access to Bjora and the Gate which exists in south Grothmar.

Finally Anvil Rock between North Gendaran Fields, Frostgorge Sound, Snowden Drifts and maybe even Harathi Hinterlands. Would love to see destroyer-possesed Stone Summit Dwarves there!

Sorry for my bad work here, but I think these regions have so much scenery to offer!!

https://imgur.com/R2PXaM7

Edit: I'm begging Anet to do some better art for zone borders. Try to draw a decent mountain, or maybe add some snowy peak effect. Many map borders look ugly, like a square of hill tops around each zone.

They should have made an "endless" zone in PoF, a smaller but wide open desert area, where each time you enter it loads a random spattering of small to medium events, or occasionally a larger boss event, and when you approach the sandstorm at any edge of the zone it loads you into a new randomized instance of the zone. Basically would let you feel like a hero wandering an endless desert.

The Largos in Maelstrom, Master Sdias, made the ocean sound like a great adventure.

"My apprentice and I came from the ocean deeps. I wouldn't advise you go there. You're not ready for the horrors of that place."

I am ready.

The water world needs some love. I would say an underwater map with complexities akin to Tangled Depths. Even areas so deep they are pitch black without some sort of lighting. Maybe even make where the Largos live as the main city where players would congregate for necessities.

@Teratus.2859 This detailed idea is excellent.

If there is something I would like to see it would be a flying map above the ground of tyria. Something with floating islands, rocks, airships and a lot of verticality. A map without any kind of ground. Maybe just have clouds and a distant image of the tyrian landscape below and if you fall and miss maybe a timer to port back to a waypoint of this new map you are ported into one of the ground maps of Tyria at random.I think with skyscale, griffon and gliding we already have good tools at hand, but it definitely would need new mechanics to gain height and probably some ways for air battles too.I always think about skyward sword here for reference.

1) A flying Castle :D A really huge one :D so its possible to explorer it from outside, while walking on stairs seeing a very pretty landscape, and maybe jumping/gliding from 1 flying island to another. + Nice exploration inside :) with a majestetic view and some hidden paths here and there

2) Super pretty landscape like in GW1 eye of the north with the aurora and pretty effects in the sky. Gw2 is sometimes not so pretty like gw1 :<

@Mithos.9023 said:If there is something I would like to see it would be a flying map above the ground of tyria. Something with floating islands, rocks, airships and a lot of verticality. A map without any kind of ground. Maybe just have clouds and a distant image of the tyrian landscape below and if you fall and miss maybe a timer to port back to a waypoint of this new map you are ported into one of the ground maps of Tyria at random.I think with skyscale, griffon and gliding we already have good tools at hand, but it definitely would need new mechanics to gain height and probably some ways for air battles too.

While I think that this would be cool, I believe that it would lock out players who have not acquired either flying mount (since neither flying mount is required for current content).

I would love an island map with lots of tiny islands. Event NPCs would board ships to get from island to island. Though I guess we already have enough pirate themed islands, so I guess the ship has already sailed for that one.

When we get to the deep sea dragon, we absolutely need a huge underwater map. Or multiple. The whole story ark sinks or swims based on that map.

Lastly I'd like to explore the dwarven tunnels beneath Tyria and the far shiverpeaks. There are so many of them and they have a deep connection to EotN. You really don't have to dig deep to find tons of material for new maps.

Since exploring is my favorite I can't say I want to see one over the other ; as long as it's new it makes me happy.But I will include what specifically makes me enjoy the maps more:1) views that take the breath away, that you don't need to activate a Vista to appreciate. Examples: The canyons of Drytop, the lush layered forests of Heart of Thorns (if you can find a safe spot to perch!), the mountain peaks of Lornar's Pass.2) things which increase the feeling if discovery, the feeling that I have stumbled upon a piece of old lore, or a secret that are not in the direct path of any quest chains or metas. Example: ruins big enough to explore but without too many enemies to destroy the ability to inspect everything with objects that hint to old or obscure knowledge.3) jumping puzzles that include great views and mild challenge. One of my favorite JP is Retrospective Runaround in Silverwastes because it encompases that sense of discovery and exploration and offers fantastic views, and Scavenger's Chasm in Melchior's Leap is fun to me for the puzzle aspect. JP do-nots: things with slippery little mushrooms or platforms where you have to make precious tiny carefully controlled jumps.4) Introduce something that makes using mounts less efficient than using old masteries - make earning those masteries mean something while also including places where mounts will definitely be an asset.

I actually currently hate water combat but exploring under water gives me mild anxiety because it's so well done. I find I am partially holding my breath and too scared to venture too far from safe zones. The change to the skimmer has helped. If they can improve aspects of water combat and give a nice variety of lighter areas to make up for the oppressive claustrophobic "I cant breathe" feel of the dark areas it would be perfect.

HOWEVER: if I were to ADD something entirely new but still on brand: A steampunk/magitech "underground" city with vertical exploration but spread out enough to give a dazzling view of shop roof tops and maze like alleyways. Think the Gladium section of Black Citadel but with more magitech and influences from other cultures and habitation. Think: Bladerunner: Tyria lol