What kind of maps are missing in gw2 to you?

hugo.4705

@"Seku.6928" said:a huge dark forest with giant trees and maybe more a nighttime-sylvari type map like the film Avatar where the trees are lit up at night, also maybe more medieval themed maps and darker eerie maps in general

If they don't fail Echovald forest (please Anet you have only one job !) you'll have it. It's a gigantic forest with huge trees all turned into dark stones and buildings are made inside those trees with important gothic cathedrals vibes.Here's a look at it in gw1 :

Aftr reading around, I would enjoy a huge underground steampunk/cyberpunk city.

Like, there are tons of streets with a gothic architecture style mixed with tons of gears and pipes but the shop signs and directions indicators are vaporwave like neons. It would feels like grothmar, you have events around that are everyday tasks like bartender, fixing a street fight between gangs, dealing with deliveries, auction events, concert.... the entire map is the city apart the extreme which are more wild or the border.

Would like it to rely on a whole new mean of transport: metro. You can use it to pass between subzone instead of using the waypoint. It stops at stations mounts forbidden in it of course. It works at a moving asset like boats of labyrinthine cliffs/sandswept or airship of dragonfall.

I've wanted them to convert Claw Island into a full map for awhile. They could expand it, adding additional islands, skimmer races, pirate attacks, a wrecked Inquest ship spilling pocket raptors and other creatures out that they were trying to weaponize.

I'd also like to see them make an off-festive version of Labyrinthine Cliffs; expanding it to connect Mount Maelstrom to the Desert Highlands. It would make PoF maps feel more connected to core Tyria. They could pay for it by putting a lounge up on one of the cliffs and selling the lounge access on the gem store. It could connect to the Desert Highlands through a hidden passage to the dwarven ruins.

Aquaman's (2018) Atlantis where Jason Momoa first enters into the city and the underwater light show happens. If you don't know what I mean, you have to watch it. Something like that could possibly be the home of the Largos. If you watch the clip, what we need overall (for any new map) is that awe and wonder appreciating the beauty of the map design. Just look at Jason Momoa's face as he reacts to Atlantis. He's like a kid in those brief moments! We need to get back to that core-tyria, pre-expac wonder that we had so many years ago when we first explored this game. Skip to 1:05

@coso.9173 said:I'd LOVE to see a creepy haunted swamp/forest map. now a tiny part of a map that has a small swamp or forest. the WHOLE map being like that. extra points for abandoned destroyed huts, a darl creepy village too.

An actually scary map would be great, but I doubt Arenanet would do that.They stopped with that idea in Bjora Marches before it started to become even slightly creepy.

I know Ember Bay tried doing this, but the volcano area ended up becoming a central part of the map. I would love an oceanic area purely consisting of shallow islands, maybe a larger island that will play a part in the story but not nearly as big as the volcano. Southsun Cove tried but the islands are still too high, the zone is fairly small, and the main island takes up a huge chunk of the map. I also am not super fond of the pink-coral aesthetic of the map.

I'm talking like 40 tropical islands or so. Some tiny, some decently-sized. These islands have foes, a few of them might have verticality, plenty of NPCs, some renown hearts, plenty of events. It would be my dream map!

Now thinking of something after doing another map completion, there isn't any real paradisiac/beaches maps. The south-east of istan, at least, how it is drawn on map look like a group of sand islets. Make me think of fishers or pagodas / stilts houses. The only map that succeded in giving me a kind of holiday feel is labyrinthine cliffs. Southsun is well organized but too hostile and volcanic. It could be a leisure map where every race can travel too to chill. You would see ogres, skritts, grawls, centaurs... a good mix of everything, but here only for chilling. With stands from shady or funny merchants like that cool awakened dude of amnoon/grothmar. Why not an olmakhan selling some specialities...

Most of the maps that I want in the game are already there... technically. There are three big ones that I like:

Misty, Foggy Forest/Jungle. We have that in Sandswept Isles, but only the top half of the map, and sort-of. We also have something that looks very similar to what I want, but it is on the west side of Drizzlewood coast, and ONLY there.

Asian Mountainside. This one is... hard to describe, but basically the boreal and pine forests that we have in the west are very different from the kinds of mountains that are in Japan, China, etc. The flora is different, like it is an elevated jungle. We already have a map like this, though: Super Adventure Box world 2-2. So yes, we technically have that map, but only for one month out of the year. Though Cantha will probably provide this one.

Haunted, Dark Forest. Not be confused with the misty one. It's a very different color/atmosphere. There is a part of Bjora Marches that is like this. I can't remember its name, but you fight the Boneskinner there. It is a small part of the map, and the only thing going on there is the Boneskinner.

PVP active volcano. Though I don't PVP anymore, I wouldn't mind them making a "fun map" where an erupting volcano causes all sorts of changes around the map that players have to fight through.

Hi,Could you enlighten me why is Dry Top not having its travelling tomb insertion, that lets me fast travel to the locale?And why in LFG I can't find Dry Top, so its hard to get people to help or gather in there.Also the Dry Top currency 'Geode' is so hard to get? Low drop rate.Could you do something to address the 3 problems to Dry Top please?

• 2 weeks later...

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:Most of the maps that I want in the game are already there... technically. There are three big ones that I like:

Misty, Foggy Forest/Jungle. We have that in Sandswept Isles, but only the top half of the map, and sort-of. We also have something that looks very similar to what I want, but it is on the west side of Drizzlewood coast, and ONLY there.

Asian Mountainside. This one is... hard to describe, but basically the boreal and pine forests that we have in the west are very different from the kinds of mountains that are in Japan, China, etc. The flora is different, like it is an elevated jungle. We already have a map like this, though: Super Adventure Box world 2-2. So yes, we technically have that map, but only for one month out of the year. Though Cantha will probably provide this one.

Haunted, Dark Forest. Not be confused with the misty one. It's a very different color/atmosphere. There is a part of Bjora Marches that is like this. I can't remember its name, but you fight the Boneskinner there. It is a small part of the map, and the only thing going on there is the Boneskinner.

PVP active volcano. Though I don't PVP anymore, I wouldn't mind them making a "fun map" where an erupting volcano causes all sorts of changes around the map that players have to fight through.

About the misty/foggy forest one, I agree and I still stand by that woodland cascades can be exactly what we’re looking for. Drizzlewood coast proves it! The reason we don’t feel satisfied is because despite being in the region, it barely enters the woodland cascades. Half of it is snow, another big chunk is coastline, and what’s left is hardly deep enough to feel like a massive dense forest. But the trees are beautiful and certain little areas are perfect, just what I always wanted from the cascades region. Here’s hoping we get all the rest of it someday with some proper maps fully based in the region with a deep, dense forest

The underwater zone in WoW was beautiful (shame it was in the expansion that ruined levelling for good), something like that here would be amazing. (we can even use a mount in it)

@"hugo.4705" said:The woodland cascades area is completely unused after 8 years, and the place is perfectly located to place some tengu, jotun and grawls. Even centaur could afford a place here for a map.

Chances are it's all been thrown on the cutting-room floor. (there was also an "80" on part of the area, suggesting future content that we know now has been cut)

@Nazarick.9653 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:The woodland cascades area is completely unused after 8 years, and the place is perfectly located to place some tengu, jotun and grawls. Even centaur could afford a place here for a map.

Chances are it's all been thrown on the cutting-room floor. (there was also an "80" on part of the area, suggesting future content that we know now has been cut)

They might reconsider that area for the possible content between Season 5 and EoD which was mentioned in one interview.But that chance is quite low.

@Nazarick.9653 said:The underwater zone in WoW was beautiful (shame it was in the expansion that ruined levelling for good), something like that here would be amazing. (we can even use a mount in it)

Hmm are you sure there was a 80 zone or are you referring to the bastion of the penitent, a level 80 raid located in woodland cascades?

Also, well, we almost had everything shown on the trailer of icebrood saga. The centaur part could have stand for drizzlewood since there isn't any shot of a temperate forrest. About the last watery part of trailer, who knows maybe it was a hint towand cantha? Just speculatons through.

But totally agree, if there was any plans for that zone in icebrood saga it has been cut.

tbh i feel like there are so many maps that have been left by the wayside by them just being not very interesting. I'd much rather see devs rework them a bit or add cool new events to them.I'm particularly thinking of season 3, path of fire and season 4, some maps have only 2 meta events and absolutely nothing else to them. Path of fire is as empty of content as core tyria maps sadly.

I would like an aerial map. Skypiea-like.Going to heaven lands. With cloudy grounds, exotic fauna, unknown ancient citizens and a new culture of theirs.Make it have a sea with a unique method to travel there. A huge flying archipelago.

Who knows what can be there...New weapons, new races, new adventures.