What kind of maps are missing in gw2 to you?

hugo.4705

I would love to see more simple maps like the starter zones Queensdale etc that are beautiful, easy to travel and doesn't have mobs that will aggro you across the map. Basically I want a new starter area in Cantha to go along with a new race. I too would like to see a giant dark forest, that's something I've really been missing from the game. I mean like a mysterious forest, think Fangorn in lord of the rings. Auric Basin and Verdant Brink isn't really what I'm looking for.

@Kurrilino.2706 said:I would say a mountain range is missing.

We do have north-west desert highlands.

Underwater pvp and meta maps.

Nine circles of hell type of map... introducing demon type of enemies.

Heaven map with flying and nimbus type of transportations and if you go too low you end up in an existing map down below.

And a super adventure box smash brothers mode.

Lol

• Like 1

Bring back the Margonites and a Realm of Torment-esque type map.

Or a large city where you gain/lose "trust" in certain quarters by doing quests for the local gang factions for them or against other quarters. It would be your choice who you would want to ally yourself with. NPCs would attack/help you depending on your level of "trust" within that quarter.

I have enough of underground. It's dark. It's confined space and in most cases mazes. No way for me. I would very much preferred daylight. Floating Islands as seen in a previous post is a good idea. GW1 areas that we don't have yet is another good idea. Personally, I love green landscapes with water, and snowy landscapes. I get zero fun at never ending brown sand/rocks landscapes.

All in all, for me however, most important would be the content rahter than the landscape. I would like:

• JPs of 2 sorts: classic one (real jumping on feet) and mount ones.
  • Treasure hunts relying on seeing objects, but reaching locations is a challenge.
  • Treasure hunts that needs guide.
  • Treasure hunts relying on using a device that gives us colors/symbols to help find the treasure.
  • New animals, to tame or not, with some cuties a bit hidden that needs to be found, like in GW1 (ex: mini hippopotamus).
  • New plants and trees.
  • New funny collections like the one with the llama in Dry Top, as in nothing impossible and objective is no big thing, but it's cute and fun.
  • I also very much like the event with the ghost appearing to us in many locations until we touch it to unlock more.
  • The next step of the device with portals sending us all over the world to do events.

Generally, long ago, we had many different things to do in maps, very varied... I really miss that. Nowadays, it's more relying on events and areas have little content. All this my very personal preferences of course... :3

• 1 year later...

Maps with pieces of small islands everywhere while the rest is vast amounts of vertical underwater content with caves and such~ including under-ocean caves/towns that are outside of water but we have to dive to and surface underneath.

but they'd have to finally take underwater combat out of alpha-stage first though and finish making all skills and weapons useable in water. Specter for example has every one of it's abilities locked and no torment weapons in water and is missing it's post-beta shroud 3. 

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Sad 1