Bloodstone dust, Dragonite ore, and Empyreal fragments

Furious.1205

Well as someone that does not craft and doesn't expect to, these are piling up! These should be at LEAST tradable for more valuable hard to get items like the Skyscale ore, motes, gems, etc... Or simply replace them with other items that are more widely used by ALL game players including those that don't craft. As for the Skyscale Materials. too bad you can only buy FIVE per account per day, they can't at least cut the time to acquire these in half? 22 days to get all of them [[iF]] you log in all day... Maybe university students and teenagers can play daily or all day... I push it to log in as it is, sorry but real life projects, family and chores do and will always come first. Even if logging in to get them takes a few mins, it's not my priority to put this on the top of my list of things to remember given the REAL life distractions I have to face daily...

Gee, I wish I had your problem. Admittedly I have a metric crapton of Bloodstone dust but I have very little Dragonite ore and Empyreal fragments. I have been working hard to craft a set of Zojja's gear and I have just about everything else I need in spades. Finally just got finished making my second piece. Now it's back to grinding for several days all over again to try and get enough to make 2 Dragonite ingots and 2 Empyreal stars for the next piece. That's even with being lucky enough to get in on the big events in those zones. I don't even know if they are tradeable. They don't show up at the trade shops. Then again, given how much trouble I have had getting the stuff, I can see why people don't put this stuff up for auction, even if it was possible.

As a side note, I had a peek at the infusions for the first time on the auction house. PRICEY! Of more concern to me however, is the crazy coloring effects most of them have on your character. Effects that I really don't want. I like my character looking the way it is. It seems any infusion that comes with more than just agony resistance also comes with a hidiously garish effect. Can these things be crafted? I may need to look into making one that does not come with an icky effect attached to it.

@"Eraden.8740" said:Gee, I wish I had your problem. Admittedly I have a metric crapton of Bloodstone dust but I have very little Dragonite ore and Empyreal fragments. I have been working hard to craft a set of Zojja's gear and I have just about everything else I need in spades. Finally just got finished making my second piece. Now it's back to grinding for several days all over again to try and get enough to make 2 Dragonite ingots and 2 Empyreal stars for the next piece. That's even with being lucky enough to get in on the big events in those zones. I don't even know if they are tradeable. They don't show up at the trade shops. Then again, given how much trouble I have had getting the stuff, I can see why people don't put this stuff up for auction, even if it was possible.

As a side note, I had a peek at the infusions for the first time on the auction house. PRICEY! Of more concern to me however, is the crazy coloring effects most of them have on your character. Effects that I really don't want. I like my character looking the way it is. It seems any infusion that comes with more than just agony resistance also comes with a hidiously garish effect. Can these things be crafted? I may need to look into making one that does not come with an icky effect attached to it.

You cant trade bloodstone, empyryeal or dragonite sadly.

Those links should give you some ideas on were to get the stuff you need.As for the infusions the ones you craft dont change your character at all.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mighty_9_Agony_Infusion

EditBonus tip to reduce the influx of bloodstone dust is to open all exotic champion bag or any other for that matter on a lvl 31-53 character depending on what tier of materials your in most need of.

@Eraden.8740 said:Gee, I wish I had your problem. Admittedly I have a metric crapton of Bloodstone dust but I have very little Dragonite ore and Empyreal fragments. I have been working hard to craft a set of Zojja's gear and I have just about everything else I need in spades. Finally just got finished making my second piece. Now it's back to grinding for several days all over again to try and get enough to make 2 Dragonite ingots and 2 Empyreal stars for the next piece. That's even with being lucky enough to get in on the big events in those zones. I don't even know if they are tradeable. They don't show up at the trade shops. Then again, given how much trouble I have had getting the stuff, I can see why people don't put this stuff up for auction, even if it was possible.

If you've got a lot of alts, you can get tons of both from the bitterfrost frontier. You get dragonite ore from the berry spawns, and you get emp fragments from the chests that spawn after doing the meta event. You can get about 150 of each per toon you take through there. Though the chests re-spawn for each character, so even if you have just one you can get limitless emp fragments.

I agree with the suggestion to get the converters. Some of them take a while to get if you don't have a lot of time to play, but it's a one-time thing and then you've got the item forever and you don't have to do it all in one go because you won't lose any progress if you stop for a while.

But I also agree with the suggestion to delete them if you've got too much and need to free up the space before getting converters. You've managed to get enough that it's a problem, presumably without trying, and you're aware of what they're used for and know it's not something you're going to do any time soon. So you're not really losing anything by deleting them, and if you do need them in future you'll be able to get more the same way you got the ones you have now.

@Furious.1205 said:As for the Skyscale Materials. too bad you can only buy FIVE per account per day, they can't at least cut the time to acquire these in half? 22 days to get all of them

Which materials are these? If you mean the map currencies required for the saddle then you can get far more than 5 of them per day. You can buy bundles of 5 from each heart vendor on the map (so for example the Inscribed Shards can be purchased from each of the 5 heart vendors in Kourna), plus 5 from the vendor in Dragonfall and 10 from the eternal ice vendor in Bjora Marches or Eye of the North (assuming you have enough eternal ice, but that's quicker to get). You can also gather them from nodes on the maps and from events.

Of course it wouldn't be practical for most people to do all of that every day, but on days when you have more than a few minutes to log in you could do a couple of hearts and buy the currencies you need, or just do a quick loop around the map gathering from any nodes you see. You'll almost certainly get more than 5 just doing that, and it will be on top of the ones you're buying once per day.

I can't remember how long it took me to do it in total but I'm fairly certain it was less than 22 days, if you exclude the days when I couldn't log in at all, or only for a few minutes.