Are you happy with the current state of PvP?

Harry Foud.1935

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anet stop making the class with the lowest vitality and toughness melee.

Ele does not need to be damn melee. In all my years of playing ranger or casters I have never seen a low vitality and toughness class like an elementalist/wizard/sorc go melee.

So why do you think it's a good idea here? Stop trying to 'break out of the mold' because it obviously doesn't work. Yes, ele is wonderful in PVE, but since I am both a PVE and PVPer I expect ele to have a semblance of a role besides just the melee-ranged healer. Make something like staff or scepter actually viable, so we don't feel like we have to be Beethoven on the keyboard just to get out of a hasty situation compared to another class that can rely on one trait and survive a random burst.

Besides that mini rant, I honestly have not been happy after the first season of HoT PVP. It has been a disgrace in my eyes.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Anet stop making the class with the lowest vitality and toughness melee.

Ele does not need to be kitten melee. In all my years of playing ranger or casters I have never seen a low vitality and toughness class like an elementalist/wizard/sorc go melee.

So why do you think it's a good idea here? Stop trying to 'break out of the mold' because it obviously doesn't work. Yes, ele is wonderful in PVE, but since I am both a PVE and PVPer I expect ele to have a semblance of a role besides just the melee-ranged healer. Make something like staff or scepter actually viable, so we don't feel like we have to be Beethoven on the keyboard just to get out of a hasty situation compared to another class that can rely on one trait and survive a random burst.

Besides that mini rant, I honestly have not been happy after the first season of HoT PVP. It has been a disgrace in my eyes.

Agreed.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Anet stop making the class with the lowest vitality and toughness melee.

Ele does not need to be kitten melee. In all my years of playing ranger or casters I have never seen a low vitality and toughness class like an elementalist/wizard/sorc go melee.

Were you not here for the cele ele meta or something? Have you not played engineer? If anything, in the past elementalists have been too good at melee, and they certainly aren't the only ones who need to press two or three buttons to do what other professions do in one or even zero (given how many passive invuln on X/stability on Y/constant health regen effects going on with, for example, spellbreakers).

And by the way, fresh air is pretty viable right now given how strong scourges and spellbreakers are.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

Were you not here for the cele ele meta or something? Have you not played engineer? If anything, in the past elementalists have been
too good
at melee, and they certainly aren't the only ones who need to press two or three buttons to do what other professions do in one or even zero (given how many passive invuln on X/stability on Y/constant health regen effects going on with, for example, spellbreakers).

And by the way, fresh air is pretty viable right now given how strong scourges and spellbreakers are.

Do you main ele, at all?Because I promise you if you did you would not be saying that.Well it may be true that other classes have to put in addjtional work, you need to understand that we have a /MUCH/ wider skill platform than most classes. We are certaintly not the highest skill cap, but we are up there. Our whole kit is based on how fast we can react and respond given the situation that is presented in front of us. We are reactive, not active unless we decide to go on a very aggressive stance

And what you, along with other PTSD season one heads seem to forget is that again, for the umpteenth time, there were no proper responses to cele ele because of the lack of boon strip, corruption, etc during that meta. ALSO, the cele amulet of the time was admitted to have too high of a stat line compared to other amulets during that time. So no, it wasn't the class and it was the amulet.

So I think it's time for you to go back and read old patch notes, because its clear you and other people are delusioned over the cele ele so much, to the point it is practically haunting you to this day.

And fun fact I do in fact main engie and ele.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

Were you not here for the cele ele meta or something? Have you not played engineer? If anything, in the past elementalists have been
too good
at melee, and they certainly aren't the only ones who need to press two or three buttons to do what other professions do in one or even zero (given how many passive invuln on X/stability on Y/constant health regen effects going on with, for example, spellbreakers).

Do you main ele, at all?Because I promise you if you did you would not be saying that.Well it may be true that other classes have to put in addjtional work, you need to understand that we have a /MUCH/ wider skill platform than most classes. We are certaintly not the highest skill cap, but we are up there. Our whole kit is based on how fast we can react and respond given the situation that is presented in front of us. We are reactive, not active unless we decide to go on a very aggressive stance

And what you, along with other PTSD season one heads seem to forget is that again, for the umpteenth time, there were no proper responses to cele ele because of the lack of boon strip, corruption, etc during that meta. ALSO, the cele amulet of the time was admitted to have too high of a stat line compared to other amulets during that time. So no, it wasn't the class and it was the amulet.

So I think it's time for you to go back and read old patch notes, because its clear you and other people are delusioned over the cele ele so much, to the point it is practically haunting you to this day.

I do agree that cele ele wouldn't work in the current meta because of the boon strip, but my point was that low armor and health pool =/= bad at melee range. Plus, it very obviously was the profession just as much as the amulet at that point (largely because ele could might stack like nobody else without sacrificing too much in other areas). If it were the amulet, and other professions were indeed more powerful than the ele as you claim, one would have expected those 'more powerful' professions to build around cele amulet themselves and push elementalists out of the meta. If they can't actually beat the elementalists using the same stats, why do you maintain that they're more powerful than the elementalist?

Elementalists had the best tools for PvP at one point, and those tools allowed them to dominate on a purely melee-range build. That those tools are now obsolete has no bearing on my point, which is that health pool and armor class are not the most important factor in a successful melee build, not even close.

It's like asking if people are satisfied in a game that's in beta stage. The question is unfair but I r8 clickb8 8/8.

The current state of PvP is missing a balance patch, trait update, and bug fixes. It will come soon... then I'll vote whether or not I'm happy with the current state.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

too good

I do agree that cele ele wouldn't work in the current meta because of the boon strip, but my point was that low armor and health pool =/= bad at melee range. Plus, it very obviously was the profession just as much as the amulet at that point (largely because ele could might stack like nobody else without sacrificing too much in other areas). If it were the amulet, and other professions were indeed more powerful than the ele as you claim, one would have expected those 'more powerful' professions to build around cele amulet themselves and
push elementalists out of the meta
. If they can't actually beat the elementalists using the same stats, why do you maintain that they're more powerful than the elementalist?

Elementalists had the best tools for PvP at one point, and those tools allowed them to dominate on a purely melee-range build. That those tools are now obsolete has no bearing on my point, which is that health pool and armor class are not the most important factor in a successful melee build, not even close.

And now look where we are at. Elementalists trying to have an identity and struggle to even get a decent DPS build. Currently they have one, but how long will that last again? They are putting more risk to get their reward factor than even HOLOSMITH. At least holosmith can fall back on something. Armor, health, all of that matters more than ever now, which is why this is starting to fall behind. Firebrand outsupports them and most DPS classes out DPS them.

As I said in a previous post: Does this PVP community even want proper support anymore? Or do you just want these damage builds that mimic support? Because in all of my years in playing mmos I have never picked up a class that clearly has support in the description and then suddenly I'm expected to do DPS or be on the front line.

Again, Anet's inexcusable attempt to be 'unique' has been making this class have an identity crisis. In PVP mind you. In PVE well, they are either the large DPS class or the raid healer (which even that is hard to pull off with Firebrand and Druid running about now).

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

too good

I do agree that cele ele wouldn't work in the current meta because of the boon strip, but my point was that low armor and health pool =/= bad at melee range. Plus, it very obviously was the profession just as much as the amulet at that point (largely because ele could might stack like nobody else without sacrificing too much in other areas). If it were the amulet, and other professions were indeed more powerful than the ele as you claim, one would have expected those 'more powerful' professions to build around cele amulet themselves and
. If they can't actually beat the elementalists using the same stats, why do you maintain that they're more powerful than the elementalist?

And now look where we are at. Elementalists trying to have an identity and struggle to even get a decent DPS build. Currently they have one, but how long will that last again? They are putting more risk to get their reward factor than even HOLOSMITH. At least holosmith can fall back on something. Armor, health, all of that matters more than ever now, which is why this is starting to fall behind. Firebrand outsupports them and most DPS classes out DPS them.

As I said in a previous post: Does this PVP community even want proper support anymore? Or do you just want these damage builds that mimic support? Because in all of my years in playing mmos I have never picked up a class that clearly has support in the description and then suddenly I'm expected to do DPS or be on the front line.

Again, Anet's inexcusable attempt to be 'unique' has been making this class have an identity crisis. In PVP mind you. In PVE well, they are either the large DPS class or the raid healer (which even that is hard to pull off with Firebrand and Druid running about now).

It's funny that you're panicking so much at elementalists 'only' having one viable option for damage dealing in PvP. Care to guess how long rangers and mesmers had no place in the meta at all, much less two? Hell, if you want to talk PvE as well (and it appears that you do), how long have necros been out of the meta?

Elementalists are doing really well right now, at least in the eyes of anyone who actually remembers what 'doing poorly' means in this game.

This. Esp the part about anet tryharding to be different.The spec videos are particularly cringeworthy.

What yall dont realize is soon all classes will wield all weapons. Laaaaaame.

Meanwhile, they still refuse to open armor to cross class.

HURR DURR SWORDMASTER MELEE ELE SLASH SLASH POW

NO WARRIOR CANNOT WEAR LEATHER!!!!!WARRIOR WEARING LEATHER IS NOT TANKY AND REALISMUS!!! PFFFF!!!

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

too good

It's funny that you're panicking so much at elementalists 'only' having one viable option for damage dealing in PvP. Care to guess how long rangers and mesmers had no place in the meta at all, much less two? Hell, if you want to talk PvE as well (and it appears that you do), how long have necros been out of the meta?

Elementalists are doing really well right now, at least in the eyes of anyone who actually remembers what 'doing poorly' means in this game.

The fact that you think that their quality state is even good says something about the quality of balance as a whole.

Because the history of necros, mesmers, and any other class that has faltered in PVP has no excuses either. I simply talk about what I know off the top of my head. If I was a necro or mesmer or ranger main, I'd be defending them just as hard.

No their state is not healthy and none of the other struggling classes are any better. Warrior honestly is the prime example of a class that has ALWAYS been good except for the few occasions Anet had over nerfed them. And rev is the epitomy of what happens when you go half-way with a concept but do not follow up and simply rush through what you have. Revenants are an absolute disgrace of a position. Honestly Anet should be damned ashamed of what they done.

There needs to be damn balance, not this crap of something being unbalanced beyond all belief and than thrown in the trash can only to be taken out and tossed again. They have done this with weapon skills, traits, whole classes, food, runes, just UGH. Just the history of unnecessary or overtuned changes just piss me the hell off.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@Harry Foud.1935 said:2 Polls: 85% of the people who voted are disappointed with WvW and PvP

Best part of it is. More than likely ANet feels no shame, as long as PvE is doing fine. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if they disable themselves, from even seeing the WvW and PvP forums.

Sad part is PvP is in this state mostly because of the balance team, not the actual pvp team. it's 70-30 or something.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@Harry Foud.1935 said:2 Polls: 85% of the people who voted are disappointed with WvW and PvP

Best part of it is. More than likely ANet feels no shame, as long as PvE is doing fine. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if they disable themselves, from even seeing the WvW and PvP forums.

Sad part is PvP is in this state mostly because of the balance team, not the actual pvp team. it's 70-30 or something.

Well even if the balance was better. Arn't you bored of the terrible looking PvP Lobby and Conquest? all that stuff is not the balancing team's issue.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

This. Esp the part about anet tryharding to be different.The spec videos are particularly cringeworthy.

What yall dont realize is soon all classes will wield all weapons. Laaaaaame.

Meanwhile, they still refuse to open armor to cross class.

HURR DURR SWORDMASTER MELEE ELE SLASH SLASH POW

NO WARRIOR CANNOT WEAR LEATHER!!!!!WARRIOR WEARING LEATHER IS NOT TANKY AND REALISMUS!!! PFFFF!!!

tbh its just simply confusing and unorganized. New classes brings back players and new players, new weapons skills don't.

@troops.8276 said:Remember though, GW2 has "world class pvp", well, at least according to Anet.

And something about it being 'fun', 'competitive' and 'structured'. Aye kitten right it is.

Either anet is struggling financially so they had to make the elite specs overtuned for ppl to buy them since the xpac delivered a very small amount of content and creating new classes cost more money, so elite specs are their solution.

OR

Anet is just giving up entirely on PvP.

Probably a bit of both.

@masskillerxploit.2165 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

Well even if the balance was better. Arn't you bored of the terrible looking PvP Lobby and Conquest? all that stuff is not the balancing team's issue.

Of course I'm tired of Conquest, but at least the systems are getting better - ATs were added, leagues were added, rewards are better than ever (althought we still need long term progression), new maps were added. But all of this is meaningless as long as we're stuck with conquest, that's why I say the PvP team is at fault too.

How can you say this lobby is bad looking tho? Compared to what? Have you missed the first 4 years of PvP lobby? That place looked bad even at release, I'm loving the new one.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@masskillerxploit.2165 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

Of course I'm tired of Conquest, but at least the systems are getting better - ATs were added, leagues were added, rewards are better than ever (althought we still need long term progression), new maps were added. But all of this is meaningless as long as we're stuck with conquest, that's why I say the PvP team is at fault too.

How can you say this lobby is bad looking tho? Compared to what? Have you missed the first 4 years of PvP lobby? That place looked bad even at release, I'm loving the new one.

I'm a day 1 player but this is my last year with Gw2 tho, im moving on.

Do you even know why they made a new PvP Lobby? Its just the same skinned map divided up into islands so PvPers have incentive to buy Glider Skins. Its still ugly as hell. They did not make the new map because the old one looked like kitten too, it was for a low budget way to make $$.

EDit: if you need a comparison, go ahead and load up Guild Wars 1's Battle Isles (pvp lobby). 100x better loooking than the broken, battlescarred old garbage of a map we have now. Why does PvE get a map like Lions Arch, that city is crazy good looking and then we get something out of a WWII movie.

Spellbreaker - infinite sustain, top damage, can't be defeated 2v1 by any combination of classes.Halosmith - damage too high, can kill almost anyone in one CC combo.Mesmer - too broken to describe, only spellbreaker can kill it 1v1.Ranger - only slightly less broken then mesmer.

Reaper - garbage.Necromancer - minions are garbage, only viable option is to play scourge, but everyone will always focus you and you are dead.Berserker - garbage.Guardian - even base guardian is better than both elites.

So, yeah, not very keen with current "balance".

Archived