Are you happy with the current state of PvP?

Harry Foud.1935

@feroxeu.7416 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@masskillerxploit.2165 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@Harry Foud.1935 said:2 Polls: 85% of the people who voted are disappointed with WvW and PvP

Best part of it is. More than likely ANet feels no shame, as long as PvE is doing fine. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if they disable themselves, from even seeing the WvW and PvP forums.

Sad part is PvP is in this state mostly because of the balance team, not the actual pvp team. it's 70-30 or something.

Well even if the balance was better. Arn't you bored of the terrible looking PvP Lobby and Conquest? all that stuff is not the balancing team's issue.

Of course I'm tired of Conquest, but at least the systems are getting better - ATs were added, leagues were added, rewards are better than ever (althought we still need long term progression), new maps were added. But all of this is meaningless as long as we're stuck with conquest, that's why I say the PvP team is at fault too.

How can you say this lobby is bad looking tho? Compared to what? Have you missed the first 4 years of PvP lobby? That place looked bad even at release, I'm loving the new one.

I'm a day 1 player but this is my last year with Gw2 tho, im moving on.

Do you even know why they made a new PvP Lobby? Its just the same skinned map divided up into islands so PvPers have incentive to buy Glider Skins. Its still ugly as hell. They did not make the new map because the old one looked like kitten too, it was for a low budget way to make $$.

EDit: if you need a comparison, go ahead and load up Guild Wars 1's Battle Isles (pvp lobby). 100x better loooking than the broken, battlescarred old garbage of a map we have now. Why does PvE get a map like Lions Arch, that city is crazy good looking and then we get something out of a WWII movie.

This is a subjective thing, people like different things. Battle Isles is a big place, if you mean GtoB (the central hub) I always found it bland and barebones (I liked the actual PvP outposts tho).

And new LA.. terrible. It's a seaworld theme park for 8 yr olds not a pirate city now.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most obvious: stop dragging your heals and balance the classes. It doesn't have to be perfect, but common.2nd: Please lets have some more game modes that don't require us to stand in a small circle. Look to other games for inspiration. Lots of stuff could be done here. Lots of suggestions over the years.3rd: Police seasons. I think there's an obvious need for a lot more team matches, make ranked solo.4th: I've never ever been a fan of PvP due to the lack of build diversity with the trinket system. This was made far worse after a couple years when they simplified it even more. There are lots of builds I just can't run due to lack of stat combos.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@feroxeu.7416 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@Harry Foud.1935 said:2 Polls: 85% of the people who voted are disappointed with WvW and PvP

Best part of it is. More than likely ANet feels no shame, as long as PvE is doing fine. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if they disable themselves, from even seeing the WvW and PvP forums.

Sad part is PvP is in this state mostly because of the balance team, not the actual pvp team. it's 70-30 or something.

Well even if the balance was better. Arn't you bored of the terrible looking PvP Lobby and Conquest? all that stuff is not the balancing team's issue.

Of course I'm tired of Conquest, but at least the systems are getting better - ATs were added, leagues were added, rewards are better than ever (althought we still need long term progression), new maps were added. But all of this is meaningless as long as we're stuck with conquest, that's why I say the PvP team is at fault too.

How can you say this lobby is bad looking tho? Compared to what? Have you missed the first 4 years of PvP lobby? That place looked bad even at release, I'm loving the new one.

Do you even know why they made a new PvP Lobby? Its just the same skinned map divided up into islands so PvPers have incentive to buy Glider Skins. Its still ugly as hell. They did not make the new map because the old one looked like kitten too, it was for a low budget way to make $$.

EDit: if you need a comparison, go ahead and load up Guild Wars 1's Battle Isles (pvp lobby). 100x better loooking than the broken, battlescarred old garbage of a map we have now. Why does PvE get a map like Lions Arch, that city is crazy good looking and then we get something out of a WWII movie.

This is a subjective thing, people like different things. Battle Isles is a big place, if you mean GtoB (the central hub) I always found it bland and barebones (I liked the actual PvP outposts tho).

And new LA.. terrible. It's a seaworld theme park for 8 yr olds not a pirate city now.

So the pvp lobby or HotM doesnt look depressing at all to you? and the new LA is gorgeous way better then most MMO cities (including WoW). I guess its my opinion that it looks ugly, but your the first person out of many that has said its ok.

No. For a few reasons.

1.) I cannot run a mes that is based on shutdown. I have to repeat sequences of skills to spike instead of somethings whose tactics change often and use skills differently depending on situations which requires way more thought than repeating a spike.

2.) I feel damage overall is too high maybe all amulets stats reduced by 200-500 per stat making it harder to single spike targets and require teamwork on targets. Right now it seems like you need to go max damage and squishy to be viable I don't like this would rather be effective and well rounded like old celestial and not be a hindrance that cant kill. There needs to be a middle ground between massive spike and no damage.

3.) Conquest only and the format gets old being uneven numbers everywhere and no integrity of balance of players on the map... in gvg, hoh, and arenas there was in a sense honor in being 4v4 6v6 or 8v8 now youll see 1v1 and 2v1 all over the place when you should be a team working together combat wise not just a map wise team.

4.) Too much emphasis on aoe instead of single target spiking as a group. Even the healing has become aoe which is not as skillful feeling as micromanaging skills to certain pressured players on your team... instead its moreso spamming supports aoe.

5.) I feel like the amulets are too aggressive and something like marauder dominates the meta into you bring high dps or high support or be useless. Trying to find a middle ground like celestial right now isnt very viable I think partially due to the effectiveness of the stats on some amulets that dominate and sway the meta.

6.) I really like the old monks guardian enchantment and the old blind. Maybe redoing this blind to 75% miss and stays on would allow more room to not get spiked out so easily on these massive damage amulets like marauder.

7) Low diversity weapons I feel should have alternate skills you can put in each slot.

It seems like making the game casual has made me play it casually instead of all the time.

@Griever.8150 said:Game's fun when it doesn't involve 4 out of 5 slots (minimum) on the enemy team being Spellbreaker/Scourge/Firebrand.So meaning about 5% of my games are fun.I'm soooo ready for a new Meta.

You do realize, they are going to keep introducing elite specializations and they will be tuned for PvE not PvP. If you want a better meta, i suggest moving on to another game that actually has good devs.

@feroxeu.7416 said:

@Griever.8150 said:Game's fun when it doesn't involve 4 out of 5 slots (minimum) on the enemy team being Spellbreaker/Scourge/Firebrand.So meaning about 5% of my games are fun.I'm soooo ready for a new Meta.

i suggest moving on to another game that actually has good devs.

There really isnt even any decent mmos on the market right now. The top game to play is really gw1, which makes me want a gw3 something totally different than another expack. Or some kind of "Chronicles of the prophecies" or something that is nothing but a pvp game or something ignoring a lot of dev time on mass pve.

@feroxeu.7416 said:

You do realize, they are going to keep introducing elite specializations and they will be tuned for PvE not PvP. If you want a better meta, i suggest moving on to another game that actually has good devs.

Oh i get that but at least if they can shuffle the meta around every season its some variety. Pretty much the bare minimum to expect at this point.

Im not :/ Im playing PvP in GW2 since release and IMO the best time of this mode was near HoT release. When we had guild leaderboard, league seasons and championships once a year. There was this e-sport feeling. Ofc it was so small, and kind of underground "e-sport", but direction was good. Better than nothing. And right now, sice 5(?) season (when 5v5 was deleted) i feel like PvP lost smt important. Unfortunately. There's no motivation to play this mode right now.

@Xar.1387 said:Im not :/ Im playing PvP in GW2 since release and IMO the best time of this mode was near HoT release. When we had guild leaderboard, league seasons and championships once a year. There was this e-sport feeling. Ofc it was so small, and kind of underground "e-sport", but still. Better than nothing. And right now, sice 5(?) season (when 5v5 was deleted) i feel like PvP lost smt important. Unfortunately. There's no motivation to play this mode.

Come on, you can't tell the gold and those Grandmaster marks, are not worth grinding for in Ranked. You can earn those in as little as a few days of grinding PvP. After you get those then, and only then I can agree with you.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@Xar.1387 said:Im not :/ Im playing PvP in GW2 since release and IMO the best time of this mode was near HoT release. When we had guild leaderboard, league seasons and championships once a year. There was this e-sport feeling. Ofc it was so small, and kind of underground "e-sport", but still. Better than nothing. And right now, sice 5(?) season (when 5v5 was deleted) i feel like PvP lost smt important. Unfortunately. There's no motivation to play this mode.

Come on, you can't tell the gold and those Grandmaster marks, are not worth grinding for in Ranked. You can earn those in as little as a few days of grinding PvP. After you get those then, and only then I can agree with you.

I dont care about grinding, items etc etc. I want to PvP.

@feroxeu.7416 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@feroxeu.7416 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

So the pvp lobby or HotM doesnt look depressing at all to you? and the new LA is gorgeous way better then most MMO cities (including WoW). I guess its my opinion that it looks ugly, but your the first person out of many that has said its ok.

New LA is pure puke. New HotM is garbage too.Where can I buy and play GW2 as was on release ty?

@Xar.1387 said:

I dont care about grinding, items etc etc. I want to PvP.

Bunker chrono best meta

Easy No. The game mode was designed for coordinated play between 5 players, and ranked is now all about soloQ and a frustrating grind.

Also, rewards from matches continue to be based on a comparison of your personal MMR with the enemy team's average MMR, while matchmaking is just based around matching two teams with an average MMR, meaning anyone high rank basically gets punished for playing games. This is literally discouraging people from playing ranked pvp.

another thing is I also miss water combat for many reasons partially it being a diversity to the game which the game lacks. We lost like half our skills losing water and its like really??? I already cant change my individual skills on a weapon...

I think anet should stick with their vision and only take/implement suggestions if it really aligns with what they wanted they wanted water shouldnt be coerced to remove something because people cry op. Water was clearly in that vision all specs would seem op at times like they do on land but we didnt remove land... I thought waters balance was just as comparable to land except in water there wasnt really any insta kills so how was it worse than land? I'm wondering what their thoughts on water truly were when they removed it or if they felt coerced to do so?

@R E F L H E X.8413 said:

@feroxeu.7416 said:

There really isnt even any decent mmos on the market right now. The top game to play is really gw1, which makes me want a gw3 something totally different than another expack. Or some kind of "Chronicles of the prophecies" or something that is nothing but a pvp game or something ignoring a lot of dev time on mass pve.

Have you ever tried wow? I mean yeah thrs a hefty sub fee but you get everything you want and need in that game.

@feroxeu.7416 said:

@feroxeu.7416 said:

Have you ever tried wow? I mean yeah thrs a hefty sub fee but you get everything you want and need in that game.

wow required lots of pve I didnt like the game from the start I maybe did one level if that or died once and thought the game was horrible.

It's also safe to say theres nothing like gw1 mes/shutdown or proper healing in that game so the pvp would be trash in my standards. Cant shutdown and the no good support would make teamfights be different than I want them to be, so it would be horrible compared to gw1 I dont even need to go farther than I did my first impression will be enough I think I played fifteen minutes max and I dont even know any of the classes but theres a damn good chance im right because all mmos fail to get good healers like monks to support the team properly and none of them have anything remotely close to gw1 mesmer shutdown which is what i still call myself as a main. its also something like 2v2 or 3v3 and teams should really start at 4. Everything about it just seems horrible.

@Garr.1823 said:Generally too much damage.PvP from "fast chess " became "fast tic-tac-toe", from "action-response" type of PvP (like GW1 for example) - NUKE, NUKE, NUKE or even one-shot.

This is one reason why I support reintroduction of old celestial. Even taking down the stats on amulets to bring damage down is the equivalent to giving everyone toughness even the glassy builds.

On topic of not being satisfied

conquest only forcing all kinds of 1v1 1v2 3v2 etc, combat itself is not as vocal as gw1 and doesnt require vocal strategy during combat you dont need to do as much tactic calling whether its condition removal (defensive) or spike calling (offensive), most communication is restricted to things that do not deal with combat directly like gw1 rather whose where on the map type of stuff, however I do give riddle and a couple other commanders on jade quarry server props for vocalizing the battlefield for combat reasons which is non existent in conquest and still different than gw1 combat calling theres a damn good commander on jadequarry on discord and I think its riddle he speaks really fast calling for combat tactics mid fight zerg vs zerg... theres just not enough of the fights to keep me in wvw and its a slow proccess (zergs often avoiding eachother, long runs, etc) I also prefer a good 4v4 instead of zerg vs zerg. We seem to have mobility/position vocal over being combat vocal... we are missing the combat vocal sometimes in gw1 we would have conversation mid game on why we cant do a certain thing for our ally combat wise and thats one of many possible examples. Restricted to the same weaponsets we been using for 5 years that I was tired of a long time ago but still dont mind playing at times since I have nothing else to do I think we should be able to change the weapon skills with a few options for each slot for more customization and builds to keep things interesting in gw1 there was so many combos when your main build was getting tiresome you could run something really off and fun. Another thing is I'm a hardcore shutdown fan and this game lacks good shutdown options in favor of purely dps options throwing out shutdown role for more spammable/dps skills so this made me not like the game from the start however I just accepted it for what it is.

Archived