Brand new lvl 80 Ranger, what should I focus on?

shallow.3970

Hey guys, I just used my lvl 08 boost on a ranger and want to start out.I am only playing PvE, and am mostly into dungeons / fractals / raids. But also a bit open world.

What armour should I get first? A condi one? Or go straight for a healer set for druid?What build do I use for open world PvE and big events? I guess not the metabattle ones for fractals etc?

Should I start unlocking Druid or Soulbeast first? I guess Druid is still the "better" one ?

All tipps and tricks for rangers are appreciated :)

Dungeons: You'll want power DPS, but condition is fine enough that only someone with a DPS meter going will notice - and in Dungeons nobody much cares.Fractals: low end fractals, power or condition DPS. High end fractals condition DPS or full on druid healer (but that is a guess).Raids: healer druid.

• So your focus should depend on... do you have a raid group waiting to invite you? If not, that Druid healer is going to be sitting unused for a while.

But if you do have access to a raid community, your value will be highest if you can master Druid healing.

Soulbeast... is probably better for all content outside of being a raid or fractal healer. Mind you I don't even know if high-level fractals use Druids... I'm at fractal level 23. But if they do, and if you're at fractal above 100... I'm not sure why you'd be asking us ANYTHING... but I suspect at that point, that Druid healer would be very useful.

If you wanna do open world first, nothing can go wrong with a high power build.For raids and fractals i would unlock druid first and i would go condi(axe/torch&SB) with dmg support (traits and spirits) or power as a healer(staff) and dmg support (traits and spirits). I recommend the former though.For openworld i would use soulbeast. Dmg wise it is good in eitherway but more in favor of condition gameplay. I play it hybrid style with half grieving and half vipers and had a blast so far in PvE. Atm the Sbeast traits and skills are lackluster sadly, this should change in the near future.

For me, Open World and PvP is much more fun with Soulbeast. I run full Vipers Gear Condi and its fun. For Fractals I run Druid Staff/ Sw/Wahorn with Nature magic trainline for spirit buffs. I run harriers gear with some Wanderer's trinkets for max Vitality and 66% boon duration. Slapped a Sigil of concentration on Warhorn and thats 100% Duration on Call of the Wild for 100% Fury uptime and over 75% regen uptime with traited Warhorn. Stone Spirit and Frost spirit also pulse boons for over 70% protection and 6 stacks of might, and Nature spirit for constant regen and 66% uptime of stability. Add in Avatar state for mass heals and its hard to find a Pug group you cant carry if you can just get them to stack.

Archived