What if the DSD's Name is Sedna?

Tsakhi.8124

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:She wouldn‘t share knowledge that turns out to be flat out wrong.Yes she would, if she honestly didn't know it was wrong why wouldn't she?

Obviously because she's the Goddess of Truth? She doesn't share lies. I don't see Balthazar going against his nature and spreading peace and water instead of war and fire.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:Assuming it doesn't get resolved in EoD, the post EoD story could tie up the gods narrative by dealing with whatever Lyssa is up to.Why should we deal with whatever Lyssa is up to in the Mists?She departed from Tyria with the other gods.@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:@Fueki.4753 said:Why should we deal with whatever Lyssa is up to in the Mists?She departed from Tyria with the other gods.When Balthazar dies at the end of Path of Fire he curses all of the gods for betraying him except Lyssa, and Anet has said there is a reason for that.

Given that he was previously using an artifact of Lyssa to disguise himself as Lazarus, his lack of cursing Lyssa alongside the other gods, that the Orrian history scrolls state that Lyssa was the one most connected to mortals, and had to be "commanded" by the other gods to leave mortal towns and go to Arah once it was finished, as well as Anet's confirmation of there being a reason behind Balthazar not cursing Lyssa, its long been suspected that Lyssa is up to something.

Anet has also previously stated that the story of the human gods isn't over yet, which adds further credibility to it.

Plus, why not deal with Lyssa? A lot of us want to know more about what's going on with the Six. At least so long as they don't turn this Lyssa thread into Abaddon 3.0.

Further, it also doesn't need to be Lyssa specifically, but the Six Gods in general. They left the world because of the Elder Dragon threat. With that threat gone, the Six could return.

That said, no point in discussing with Sajuuk about their theories. They'll argue that they're right, even when you provide evidence that they're wrong, or even when the story develops counter to their theory.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:That said, no point in discussing with Sajuuk about their theories. They'll argue that they're right, even when you provide evidence that they're wrong, or even when the story develops counter to their theory.So says the king of such arguments.

I've not interacted with you enough make a determination either way, but Konig has shown himself to be willing to admit it when he's wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Fenella.2634" said:And the sylvari are referencing King Arthur legends so much, it's not hard to see the connection between Mordred and Mordrem / Mordremoth.

While this might be the case, there's another possibility and it's in line with ANet's (and many others) approach to naming - using words/names from non-english languages. I suspect this is the case for Mordremoth.

The Dream is very important to the Sylvari and Mordremoth offered a Dream of their own.

In swedish, Mor means mother. Dröm (pronounced much like "drem") means dream. Motherdream / Mother's dream? Furthermore, in swedish, the word "nightmare" is "mardröm" which is looks and sounds much like "mordrem".

And "Nightmare" is also a very important concept to the Sylvari.

I suspect this is a much more likely basis for the origin of "Mordem" and "Mordremoth" than Mordred, or a larger component if indeed Mordred is part of that.

With the end of dragons I hope the saga truly comes to an end. This means that the nature and the origin of the cycle and the dragons is explained.I do not think I would like any outside origin of the elder dragons. They should be tied to Tyria and originate on Tyria. Not the mists or beyond.

I think that in the theory of all, the mother is representing Tyria. the source of all balance. This is also inline with the earthly custom of calling the earth mother earth. (Tyria is a literal translation of earth and comes from the word Terra). Another support for this is that Ceara saw the pale tree in the center of the theory of all. So the vision, to bring things into perspective, showed her mother.

A long time ago I supported the idea of having DSD as the mother of all dragons. But now I have much more doubts about how it would fit the narrative and the road to completing the entire story arch.