[Idea] Alternative to Race Changes. | More useless features.

Kyo.7369

I've noticed a decent amount of people over the years have wanted race changes from the gem store however due to the way the early game progresses your race does in fact contribute far too much to story progression for it to be possible.

Some circumvent this by deleting and restarting their characters, others just make multiples of the same class to swap whenever the look of the animations and etc are dry to their senses.

I was thinking:

Why not have a purchasable item to transfer your map/story completion to a character who has completed their intro to what their playable race is and where they are heading in the story?

I love swapping characters to see new animations every now and again and also love the way the Guardian class plays but it can be exhausting to repeat the same content over and over with the same class just to fudge a race change.

It's a pretty mediocre and useless feature but I'd pay 800 or so gems for that. This way players get to experience the races cultural background without the mundane repetition of the same content they have completed prior. This could also allow new players who are not happy with their racial choice at the point of deciding whether or not GW2 is for them to continue playing to see if, for instance, the animations of Asura are far more eye catching and fun than your hulking Charr or Norn.

The stimuli from observing your character, your own personal creation, is equally as satisfying as completing the content for most individuals.

Kind of useless for most players but I'd like to see something like this. Game has everything but the kitchen sink and it's kind of awesome.__Not-so-useless Useless Feature Request Board:

• Squad Commander Tag slider so we can increase or decrease the size. Some more casual or visually inclined players would appreciate it. I've heard countless minor complaints about losing sight of it regardless of the color throughout the years. Why not?

• Button to clear current target so escape doesn't obliterate your currently queued cast when you want to completely remove targets. Again a more rare issue but it'd be nice.

• Button to cancel current cast so you don't obliterate your current target in the case of spamming the esc key.

__

I don't frequent the boards but discussion would be cool surrounding this, just an idea. If there is somewhere to submit ideas like this I'd appreciate the link via PM if this is spamming the board.

Bless,

Kyo.

@Kyo.7369 said:Not-so-useless Useless Feature Request Board:

• Squad Commander Tag slider so we can increase or decrease the size. Some more casual or visually inclined players would appreciate it. I've heard countless minor complaints about losing sight of it regardless of the color throughout the years. Why not?

• Button to clear current target so escape doesn't obliterate your currently queued cast when you want to completely remove targets. Again a more rare issue but it'd be nice.

• Button to cancel current cast so you don't obliterate your current target in the case of spamming the esc key.

dislike on the tag size adjuster... what will stop someone to increase their tag to max size potentially blocking other map/minimap objects like waypoints/pois/etc. ? more colours is what's welcome.

you can already clear a target afaik by clicking elsewhere on the screen (like clicking the floor, where there is no object or npc/enemy on or near)

a dedicated keybind to cancel any casting/cast bar/channeling is a nice QoL