What new endgame systems should Anet implement?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@voltaicbore.8012 said:Eh. The guild hall decorating system should be nothing like a personal housing system. Sure, there are many weird little raid or festival-themed decorations that you straight up buy from vendors, but a lot of the cooler theme-making pieces (library bookshelf, various furniture, props, etc.) is very clunky to make through the scribing system.I am 100% sure that if personal housing were implemented, it would not require scribing (which requires a guild hall with at least that minimal level of workshop upgrade), and furniture/props would just be drops or purchaseable items.

You really think Arenanet would invent a completely new system, if they already have a decorating system in place that they simply can make a variant of? I doubt they even have the resources for that on top of making the expansion.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@voltaicbore.8012 said:Eh. The guild hall decorating system should be nothing like a personal housing system. Sure, there are many weird little raid or festival-themed decorations that you straight up buy from vendors, but a lot of the cooler theme-making pieces (library bookshelf, various furniture, props, etc.) is very clunky to make through the scribing system.I am 100% sure that if personal housing were implemented, it would not require scribing (which requires a guild hall with at least that minimal level of workshop upgrade), and furniture/props would just be drops or purchaseable items.

You really think Arenanet would invent a completely new system, if they already have a decorating system in place that they simply can make a variant of? I doubt they even have the resources for that on top of making the expansion.

They don't have to make a completely new system- instead of having scribing be the source of a lot of baseline props, they could just make those same assets vendor-purchasable for personal housing. The assets themselves would even have the same clunky placement mechanic and interface.

But yeah, not holding my breath that this will be part of EoD or any other content drop in the future. It's why I went and captured a fresh guild hall of my own, since that seems to be the only way to play house for the foreseeable future.

• 3 months later...