how many of you experience lag?

Stand The Wall.6987

Used to get a lot of unplayable lag in WvW, especially in blob fights. In recent weeks it seems like it may have gotten better, but I have mostly played during off-peak times in this period and haven't encountered many fights between large blobs, so I can't make a firm judgement.

Lag when any squad of 10+ is close by, including my server's squad (I wouldn't call them zerg) we don't have one unfortunately.2 zergs colliding - i will be suspended in time, game still running, if i am patient, when the fight ends i may be still alive, but most time dead.3 zergs - game hang - disconnect, most time i have to restart the laptop.

Mostly fine in pve meta map, those have more players than wvw, i dont know why.

Really needed an option for "Any time the map has full Zergs and they get close."

When running with [HELL], our commander can usually use Lag spikes to predict Zerg Movement.

@Fueki.4753 said:I usually only experiences light lag when I see three or more of these ultra shiny players walking light bulbs.

Standard Enemy models my friend. I wish that was an option in PvE since I hate so much of the gemstore and infusion junk. Fashion Wars my rear end. More like Eyesore Wars.

I think the main key is you will only lag at your local night time. But yeah, ever since the new patch dropped, the lag was unbearable during my nighttime. Exitlag won't even run, and neither ProtonVPN nor Mudfish could mitigate the issue much. Ironically, during reset (or CST night-time), I have no lag at all, since that's my morning. Yet a few of my NA peeps are struggling with the same thing I had. I've done everything I can: -repair, fresh reinstall, lowest settings, even uninstalling my antivirus software, nothing worked.

So yeah, anyone from Malaysia is fucked for now, we'll have to wait for either the patch to stabilize or for several patches to fix the patch. Or just wait a few weeks or months. I've told my guild I'm taking a leave from WvW in the meantime; the stress of not being able to perform because of factors outside my control been messing with my mental health severely, that I had a relapse, and no game is worth ruining your health over.

I truly wish there's something we could do to fix it on our side, but the ball's outside my court, and probably in ArenaNet's. And you know who they pretend that we don't exist outside of being a steady income from server transfers xD

The amount I lag is dependent on how close I get to two zergs fighting it out. If there are a lot of people on the map I notice significant skill latency even if the zergs are on the other side of the map. Like 1s lag time between when I slap my Endure Pain versus when it activates. Needless to say that costs me some fights that I would win otherwise.

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:Really needed an option for "Any time the map has full Zergs and they get close."

When running with [HELL], our commander can usually use Lag spikes to predict Zerg Movement.

The "tell" for me is when my frame rate drops.

Lag + low fps due to large groups. If I die on stairs, this is why

Apparently ArenaNet's bots started autobanning people who uses VPNs due to false positives? Heard a lot of news of those being affected, including my own guild leader. They submitted their appeal, and probably will get their accounts back soon, but this just feels like a middle finger up our asses from them, since in certain replies, they mentioned that they do not sanction the use of VPNs. Alright, understandable, but in certain cases, it's the only way we could even get into the game in the first place, especially for us in the east. 1.5k ping is nothing, I have had ping spikes of up to 12k, EVEN with VPN, and waypointing back after being defeated sometimes takes 2 minutes in the worst of times.

I probably am truly done with this game, at least for a few weeks. With the new LW chapter coming soon, many PvE players will be returning for a bit, which may make the lag situation even worse than it is. And seeing how the devs are not willing to elaborate on the reasons why these people got banned in the first place when asked, it just feels that they don't care anymore, or no longer capable of maintaining the WvW mode. I'm just glad I found a passion project to fill up the void left by this formerly beautiful game xD

It's literally unplayable when I engage 3-way blob fight, especially weekend. None of skill can be activated while everyone else still keep fighting. It nothing but frustrating.I asume Anet abandoned high ping player to keep server stable, so I think it's time to say good bye to the game.