Why does nobody join for whisper of jormag?

@Miguron.3067 said:I think people are too restrictive about classes, its already hard for new players to learn the mechanics, imagine worrying about peaky squad leaders

Every class can dps. Few can heal and fewer can give alacrity or quickness.Those boons and stacking modifiers are the reasons why top players can do 10 times the damage of a casual. Maybe some players dont understand why squad leaders are searching for firebrands, an alac ren or chronos.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Miguron.3067 said:I think people are too restrictive about classes, its already hard for new players to learn the mechanics, imagine worrying about peaky squad leaders

Every class can dps. Few can heal and fewer can give alacrity or quickness.Those boons and stacking modifiers are the reasons why top players can do 10 times the damage of a casual. Maybe some players dont understand why squad leaders are searching for firebrands, an alac ren or chronos.

Yea, and new players care about top players or the overused casual term, these classes are helpful but not necessary if are learning. Anyways, keeping your minds in meta gaming of some few players is very healthy for the game, good Job!

@Miguron.3067 said:

Yea, and new players care about top players or the overused casual term, these classes are helpful but not necessary if are learning. Anyways, keeping your minds in meta gaming of some few players is very healthy for the game, good Job!

Okay let me phrase that differently. If you are playing wow or ff14 and the group is searching for a tank or healer, dont be surprised if they kick you when you join as dps.Quickness, alac, might are roles in gw2 and only very few classes can give those. I hope anet adds more ways with eod but currently you either have firebrand or chrono or MUCH harder time to complete content. Personally playing without those boons feels awful.Please understand the meta before you complain about some restrictions. The difference between having the right support classes to a rainbow open world mix is enormous.Every dps works but you want to cover the support.Whisper is one of the harder strikes where most groups want a decent team composition. You dont run around in a 40player wvsw zerg with only thieves and rangers either.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

Okay let me phrase that differently. If you are playing wow or ff14 and the group is searching for a tank or healer, dont be surprised if they kick you when you join as dps.Quickness, alac, might are roles in gw2 and only very few classes can give those. I hope anet adds more ways with eod but currently you either have firebrand or chrono or MUCH harder time to complete content. Personally playing without those boons feels awful.Please understand the meta before you complain about some restrictions. The difference between having the right support classes to a rainbow open world mix is enormous.Every dps works but you want to cover the support.Whisper is one of the harder strikes where most groups want a decent team composition. You dont run around in a 40player wvsw zerg with only thieves and rangers either.

Other than alac all classes can give swiftness and might all classes have self heal but the content was designed for open world players to have something other than trying to get into a Raid Group, As for the strike mission's I have done them with four people in WvW and PvP builds that is the joy of a Strike Mission any build will work and yes I have also ran around WvW in a 30 to 40 man group of Thieves and rangers and that was quite fun

@Biermeister.4678 said:

Other than alac all classes can give
swiftness and might
all classes have self heal but the
content was designed for open world players
to have something other than trying to get into a Raid Group, As for the strike mission's I have done them with four people in WvW and PvP builds that is the joy of a Strike Mission any build will work and yes I have also ran around WvW in a 30 to 40 man group of Thieves and rangers and that was quite fun

Nobody cares about swiftness, quickness is what you want and only chrono and fb can give that. Might is widespread but you still want someone to provide it. Most builds cant selfheal through most strikes and definitely not through whisper and boneskinner.Content was designed as stepping stone. Group compositions are important. Especially covering quickness, might, alac, fury. Those combined buff each player by more than 100%.Which strike did you do with 4 wvsw builds? How long did it take you? It wasnt whisper or boneskinner right? Minstrel fb by chance? that is played as support in pve aswell sometimes.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

Other than alac all classes can give
swiftness and might
all classes have self heal but the
content was designed for open world players
to have something other than trying to get into a Raid Group, As for the strike mission's I have done them with four people in WvW and PvP builds that is the joy of a Strike Mission any build will work and yes I have also ran around WvW in a 30 to 40 man group of Thieves and rangers and that was quite fun

Nobody cares about swiftness, quickness is what you want and only chrono and fb can give that. Might is widespread but you still want someone to provide it. Most builds cant selfheal through most strikes and definitely not through whisper and boneskinner.Content was designed as stepping stone. Group compositions are important. Especially covering quickness, might, alac, fury. Those combined buff each player by more than 100%.Which strike did you do with 4 wvsw builds? How long did it take you? It wasnt whisper or boneskinner right? Minstrel fb by chance? that is played as support in pve aswell sometimes.

Renegade Reaper Spell breaker and Weaver

@Nephalem.8921 said:Most builds cant selfheal through most strikes and definitely not through whisper and boneskinner.

Actually anyone can self heal through Woj. There are plenty mechanics that can kill you or take a large chunk of hp but all those are avoidable and should be avoided.There are 1 or 2 unavoidable attacks that do very little dmg that can be easily self-healed through; launch into the air (I think it does a little dmg at launch, but maybe I'm wrong and the first unavoidable part does no dmg), the green ball (this one is actually avoidable but you are hurting the group if you do it).There's also an arc attack last 25% that can be avoided but you can also eat it and self heal it np.