Champions Chapter 3 [spoiler discussion]

EdwinLi.1284

18 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

This is abit of an aside but I was under the impression that IBS was Season 5.

That's because Grindflood Saga is Season 5 in every aspect other than the name.

Edited by Fueki.4753

19 hours ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

Does not need to make sense since I can't really explain it. 

It will just be better to wait until after End of Dragons when they release the next Living World Season to explain things then when they confirm if Icebrood Saga is meant to be Season 5 or just some extra storyline they put in at the last moment before EoD.

Icebrood Saga was labeled and marketed differently because I believe it was meant to be the original long-term content delivery method for the game instead of expansions. I feel like it probably wasn't meant to have a set number of episodes or a set number of time. Just a way for them to toss content in every now and then while they likely worked on other IP's and games. 

Given how slow and focused the Bjora and Drizzlewood were in terms of plot I think the saga was also meant to dedicate more of each episode to specific plot points and tell a deeper more involved story than they were able to with the traditional living world seasons where we would have a villain and in three episodes the villain was dead. 

Thus why it seemed to drag on so much, at least to me, during the Charr civil war part of the story. 

On a side note:

It has already been discussed, that the DSD could be dead, killed by the Canthans. And now, with some of the magic after the IBS's finale missing, it seems to be suggesting, that it went towards the DSD.

But what if actually both is true?

My hope for EoD is the Canthans not being a friendly folk you visit, but them actually being a unified faction with high military goals. They have their own equivalent of our commander, someone who subdued the DSD with a cast of characters equivalent to destinys edge, but not killing it. Instead, they use it as some kidn of biological weapon, either as a giant pokemon or by harnessing it's magic. And with all the other dragons dead, they basically have an incredibly strong weapon at their hands to start a war ouside of their continent. I mean, it`s been a while since Lions Arch got attacked, what better scenario than Canthans starting a Blitzkrieg with the DSD's power?

I am trying to move past the terrible IBS at this point and getting up some hopes for EoD. Writing-wise, the key to create investment for a consumer is not to simply one-up the stakes by making the next enemy bigger and stronger, but to make it personal for the main character. Thus, having the Canthans killing off Aurene would solve two problems at once: Getting rid of Aurene Ex Machina and giving the commander a reason to fight a war, not against an eldritch powerhouse but simply another faction.

I want a good antagonist that isn't a Dragon. Someone that isn't a boss because it's born incredibly powerful, but someone who earned his or her rank and reputation the same way our commander did.

Edited by Imba.9451

2 hours ago, Imba.9451 said:

On a side note:

It has already been discussed, that the DSD could be dead, killed by the Canthans. And now, with some of the magic after the IBS's finale missing, it seems to be suggesting, that it went towards the DSD.

My hope for EoD is the Canthans not being a friendly folk you visit, but them actually being a unified faction with high military goals. They have their own equivalent of our commander, someone who subdued the DSD with a cast of characters equivalent to destinys edge, but not killing it. Instead, they use it as some kidn of biological weapon, either as a giant pokemon or by harnessing it's magic. And with all the other dragons dead, they basically have an incredibly strong weapon at their hands to start a war ouside of their continent. I mean, it`s been a while since Lions Arch got attacked, what better scenario than Canthans starting a Blitzkrieg with the DSD's power?

I am trying to move past the terrible IBS at this point and getting up some hopes for EoD. Writing-wise, the key to create investment for a consumer is not to simply one-up the stakes by making the next enemy bigger and stronger, but to make it personal for the main character. Thus, having the Canthans killing off Aurene would solve two problems at once: Getting rid of Aurene Ex Machina and giving the commander a reason to fight a war, not against an eldritch powerhouse but simply another faction.

I want a good antagonist that isn't a Dragon. Someone that isn't a boss because it's born incredibly powerful, but someone who earned his or her rank and reputation the same way our commander did.

One of many fates I suspect maybe how they may handle the DSD but I am still only keeping it a 50/50 chance since at this point, I suspect we may still have a DSD finale battle.

Not to mention certain people will be very mad if DSD is killed off, either off screen or by someone else during the story of EoD, because they wanted a DSD boss battle. 

Either way, Cantha's Emperor and his followers being the Antagonist of EoD has been one speculation I have about the Cantha storyline for EoD which would fit into the idea of the Commander being completely cutoff from all his/her allies in Cantha style plot. Thus forcing the Commander to find new allie while slowly reuniting with members of Dragon's watch as the story progress. 

However, if this is the case I am curious what else they may have done with DSD because I always suspect if Cantha is using DSD in some way they may also be using DSD magic energy in some way aswell. Personally won't be surprised if they invented advance technology that made life in Cantha easier that is powered by DSD's magical energy and been keeping the citizens of Cantha in the dark about what the magic energy is because they don't want their citizens to suspect using this technology maybe corrupting them into DSD minions while passing off the DSD corruption as some kind of unknown disease. Thus bring up a classic story question, what will a person be willing to sacrifice for a easier life.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

7 hours ago, Imba.9451 said:

On a side note:

DSD already dead is just another forum non-sense theories.

lets came with the facts:

- the logo of EOD is a "sea dragon".

- all the rushed kill of Primordus + Jormag, is to justify large amounts of wild magic running, and Aurene saying cant absord all.

u guys are make me laughing when u think the EOD will bring any surprise to this road direction, is like imagine that POF wanst be about pursuing balthazar.

the cheap champions finale shows us is time to left any delusion aside.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

44 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

- all the rushed kill of Primordus + Jormag, is to justify large amounts of wild magic running, and Aurene saying cant absord all.

u guys are make me laughing when u think the EOD will bring any surprise to this road direction, is like imagine that POF wanst be about pursuing balthazar.

Aren't you being a bit too negative over speculation for fun. 

I know the Icebrood Saga is bad but you don't need to be so negative towards others because of it.

2 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Yeah, and the logo for path of fire was a dragon as well, despite it mainly being tied to balthazar.

Another fact you forgot is that Anet seems to get rid of elder dragons asap. Also, I never said that the DSD is dead. Maybe read my post again.