Every SPVP related nerf should be applied to WvW

Nuka Cola.8520

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

Spellbreaker won't be broken for the years to come, so he can jump on it, whatever. Also, is balancing staff 5 on rev supposed to kill the class or something? Some of you rely too much on one skill.

Well there's only 5 skills on staff and one is an auto that does mediocre damage and two are defensive oriented skills. Punishing sweep can hit hard but it has no mobility attached to it. SoTM is the big mobile nuke/cc on staff. If you miss SoTM the staff burst goes way down so yeah it's a pretty important skill for revenant. I would even argue that it's one of the defining skills for the class as a whole so a 50 percent nerf to its damage is a huge change.

Rev doesn't have big multi skill wombo combo chains like some classes do, you basically dump your energy into a couple skills and then auto attack or swap legends and blow your energy again. That's just the way they designed the class.

I disagree OP... PvP balance is different to WvW as they are two separate and varying game modes. One is small-scale 5 man the other caters to upwards of 50+ massive blobs. Not every 'nerf' in PvP would be beneficial in WvW.

What we need is more skill splitting, not borderline parallel nerfs across two different game modes.

Sigh, he used staff 5 as an example. Let's try other things then. Signet of agilty removed 50% of endurance in spvp and kept it in wvw, but changed it months later, pretty sure there was a buff to sword #2 thief only in pvp but left wvw out of it. Bound dodger reduced dmg in pvp only. Endura/defy pain nerf only in spvp... the list goes on.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:Nah. Mostly because if non hammer power rev gets another nerf, it just means there's no hope for his game.

You sure you're not just mad you got nuked by a staff 5 when you could've blinked, distorted, mirage mirrored, mirror of anguished, phase retreated, or evaded?

While we're at it can revenant get 15k instant bursts like power Mesmer GS2 F1? We save 50 of our energy for a measly 4-5k Equilibrium burst, and seems like you want to nerf that to 2-3k by bringing over PvP changes.

TLDR: another person is mad that people are still playing power rev, wants it to get nerfed instead of learning to play 2 years after class release, uses PvP skill splitting as an excuse.

I give one example of a skill that is untouched in wvw, and with the very intelligent forum logic, it must be because i have trouble against the build/skill lol. Not only running into a good rev who knows what's up is extremely rare (while roaming), but if there was a class i had the less trouble against, that would be Rev. Has nothing to do with me l2p bs. And it would also apply to other spam such as Pistol Whip, Bound etc etc. You can say whatever about the game modes being different, but both are pvp centered, and if those skills were toned down, there's a reason for that. Like, don't try to tell me that the skills mentioned were only nerfed in spvp because they were too good in spvp. No, they're not too good in spvp, but everywhere. I feel like most of you disagreeing are scared of your mains receiving dat balance, five years later.

Receiving dat balance?

Can we only use amulets in WvW too? I mean if we're gonna balance the skills how can we not balance the stats! It's almost like, idk, the PvP-only nerfs were made to accommodate for the limited stats available in PvP, like most builds lacking toughness. But you don't want to bring the amulets to WvW? Well without bringing the amulets, you would just be arbitrarily punishing currently split skills in an environment that their PvP-only version was not designed to be in.

So which skill is it? Which split skill hurt you? :(

Does anybody ever remember a Dev coming on the WvW forums and discussing a skill pre or post change???

The biggest issue with skill balance in WvW is that some skills that are OP in 1v1 scenarios are rendered useless in 20v20 or 50v50 or blob v blob.Likewise there are some skills that are UP in 1v1 scenarios that are OP in 20v20, 50v50 or blob v blob.

You would all be better off not trying to take WvW so seriously and just have fun with what you have.

WvW is not nor ever will be what you want it to be.

Bringing PvP Nerfs to WvW? are you serious? or just trolling now?

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:Receiving dat balance?

Can we only use amulets in WvW too? I mean if we're gonna balance the skills how can we not balance the stats! It's almost like, idk, the PvP-only nerfs were made to accommodate for the limited stats available in PvP

Exactly!!! and let's lower the player cap to 5 player per world!

That seems more balanced!

Archived