Exitlag and other VPN

Had used NordVPN as well as the local wifi hub for our community is being overrun by streamers, Xboxers, and people running servers on it. For security I signed up with Nord, and I recommended it to others too. And one day I got locked out and had to supply a bunch of stuff, and got back in with the threat that if I used Nord I could get banned if caught in their security sweep.

I live mid the NW of the USA in a rural area. I cannot control what others do on our network, but Nord kept my connection thriving against a lot of the local denials of service and lag-outs. So now I'm back to dealing with the intense lag, long time out, denials, and being booted offline. Nord saved me from a lot of that bunk, yet Anet would rather attack legitimate users than going after the bots that we see every day and in WvW.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, idahoutback.6945 said:

Nord saved me from a lot of that bunk, yet Anet would rather attack legitimate users than going after the bots that we see every day and in WvW.

They can't tell you're legitimate, they only see you using the same IP as someone who wasn't legitimate. When they ban bots, hackers, stolen accounts, RMTs, etc, they ban everyone on that IP and wait for you to contact them.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just today was in a conversation with an EU player who helped out our guild. Got disconnected. Firefox let me know the connection was not safe. Netgear extender said it was connected to an unknown and unsecure network, and even the iPhone was throwing up issues of bad cookies from the mail system. It's stuff like that that Nord somehow circumvents.
Unless the connection is blocked off, Nord keeps running and I may lag out for 10 minutes, yet it waits and a lot of times I do not get kicked out of the game.

And there are times when Nord just will not connect with the 3 Roku, 2 Xboxers, Amazon, and others messing with the public wireless router. We live in between districts so there is no internet connection available unless I was to may $100+ a month for cable internet. With everything suddenly increasing in cost there's no way I can do that.

When I got back out of the hospital from a nasty case of C-19 I tried various VPNs. BitDefender was horrible. Firefox's VPN was easily circumvented by the "hackers" on the network. Tried Nord and bam, it worked! I stayed connected longer. Was not a cure as sometimes when I am not running Nord I cannot connect, cause of the riff raff online. Once I get a bite in I may be okay, but the lag is horrendous at times and I just go find something else to do.

As it stands, I usually have from midnight to 420am till the hackers get back online and mess stuff up. Nord sometimes cuts through that mess. Then recent found that Nord was founded/run from Panama, but they have servers all over the world. So that took me aback. Not sure if I can trust them, yet they are the only VPN that works. Not sure what else I can do unless I hit the lottery enough to get a rural internet connection through cable.

And I understand Anet's stance. Yet, if I cannot use what works and not be able to play but a few hours a night, guess Anet would rather me not buy things from them instead?
I did ask Anet to host their own VPN service; they denied that idea.