Change Hats for Outfits

Jordan.5930

Would anyone else like the option to use just the headpiece from your equipped gear on your outfit, and vice-versa? An option to hide your gloves and shoulders on outfits would also be nice. I feel like if we limited it to those few things it would be something Anet would be willing to implement! Thoughts?

It's funny as earlier I was thinking of making this topic, and I just got busy and didn't make it

But yes...Seeing as the head pieces are not really linked to any part of the armour (other than as a set), I should be able to let's say hide my outfit's headpiece and use another headpiece in it's place as in my actual armour headpiece.Same as I should be able to let's say I liked (for some ungodly reason) the Fallen Balthazar headpiece but not wanting to wear the outfit, I should be able to wear the helmet with let's say any other armour I got (would say heavy armour as it might look best on that... but that's just me). While yes, I know the helmet got a skin of its own, that's not the point I'm getting at.

Would really like to use the medium lunatic dark eyes with some outfits as one example.

That's awesome!! I'm glad I'm not the only one =)

I believe Anet sticks to their notion "Play Your Way" the best they can, and if I could just make just a few little changes to my outfits to really make them my own, that would be so great.Currently, I'm using the Bandit's Sniper outfit while I'm in Elona, and it looks really cool! But if I could use my Assassin's Mask with it, so I can wear a mask and still see my hair, that would make it so much better :s

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Same as I should be able to let's say I liked (for some ungodly reason) the Fallen Balthazar headpiece but not wanting to wear the outfit,Good one

On topic. I doubt shoulders and gloves will be hidden or replaceable on outfits, since it is a much more integrated part of the set. However yes, headgear should be possible... I have chosen to make my headgear part of my characters story, her being and it pains me to have her not have it, if I wear an outfit.

I'd buy more outfits if I could hide the shoulders. I bet a lot of other players would, too.

I turn off helms on the outfits I have bought- seems they are always too big or too small. I would love to be able to show the headgear I like. Would add a sorely needed bit of customization.

@Embered.5089 said:So yeah... can I have an option to hide the headpiece of an outfit?

You do have that. Just deactivate the head gear in your equipment tab.

@Jordan.5930 said:Would anyone else like the option to use just the headpiece from your equipped gear on your outfit, and vice-versa?

I would like to have outfits that you acquire being automatically added as armor pieces to your wardrobe. Because often, I only like the chest piece or the pants or the shoes (!) of an outfit.

@Nikal.4921 said:I'd buy more outfits if I could hide the shoulders. I bet a lot of other players would, too.

I turn off helms on the outfits I have bought- seems they are always too big or too small. I would love to be able to show the headgear I like. Would add a sorely needed bit of customization.

This is so true, I think this would add some incentive for Anet. I can already see tons of players buying outfits they previously would have never thought to buy, just to equip the helmet of said outfit, or even to use their own helmet from their original set of gear. Think of all gems people would buy Anet! Please add this feature :'(

@Opal.9324 said:Yes please! There are some outfits that I really wanted to like but didn't buy just because I didn't like the helmet. -cough-forgedoutfit-cough-

So true! Although the forged helmet did remind me of Micolash from Bloodborne and the Xanthous set from Demon Souls, so it was ok in my book :3

Archived