Don't like the POF expansion area's very much.

@Joote.4081 said:

@Joote.4081 said:Again, having many waypoints allows players to join in the action quickly, also they are a great way to avoid the carpet of trash mobs to get to the said action. The dev's might want us to fight our way through the mobs every time we want to get from A to B, but I doubt players share the same view.

Luckily this is not a hub based mmo where you
just tp directly to content
and open world requires some degree of actual interaction. Seems like an actual mmorpg to me. If you want to be tped to content, start playing fractals, drms, raids, SM and so on.

I know, but how many times do you want to interact. First time great 100th time, run through that s***. :) I never want to miss out on content but I'm a bit sceptical if trash mobs count or not.

If "trash mobs" are still a problem for you, then I guess they still count as content? The moment you understand the game enough to not complain about having to run (on a mount with built-in dodges) somewhere from wp, you might suggest it's not content anymore. But at that point you won't care like a lot of other players. :)

...weren't you also complaining about some maps being/feeling empty? (might have been someone else, I don't know) And now instead of having people in the world you want to add more wps so people keep skipping everything and rushing directly for the events? I'm not sure about that. Add more wps and the open world not only will feel even more empty, it won't even feel like a world at all. For me your complaints and proposed solutions are a bit backwards.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Joote.4081 said:Again, having many waypoints allows players to join in the action quickly, also they are a great way to avoid the carpet of trash mobs to get to the said action. The dev's might want us to fight our way through the mobs every time we want to get from A to B, but I doubt players share the same view.

and open world requires some degree of actual interaction. Seems like an actual mmorpg to me. If you want to be tped to content, start playing fractals, drms, raids, SM and so on.

I know, but how many times do you want to interact. First time great 100th time, run through that s***. :) I never want to miss out on content but I'm a bit sceptical if trash mobs count or not.

If "trash mobs" are still a problem for you, then I guess they still count as content? The moment you understand the game enough to not complain about having to run (on a mount with built-in dodges) somewhere from wp, you might suggest it's not content anymore. But at that point you won't care like a lot of other players. :)

...weren't you also complaining about some maps being/feeling empty? (might have been someone else, I don't know) And now instead of having people in the world you want to add more wps so people keep skipping everything and rushing directly for the events? I'm not sure about that. Add more wps and the open world not only will feel even more empty, it won't even feel like
a world
at all. For me your complaints and proposed solutions are a bit backwards.

I'm discussing, not complaining. I am quite aware a lot of people disagree with my views and I respect their views. I didn't create this post to cause trouble, I just wanted to hear what other people thought about the two expansions.No, not complaining. My views are not likely to take my love of GW2 away, ands let's face it there is no way on this earth that A-Net would change a thing due to my rabbiting. :) If I was complaining I would be expecting A-Net to do something about it (I don't), I would be making threats about leaving the game and all that sort of rubbish (I'm not).

Two things have come out of this post that are helpful to us and the dev's. The main complaint with POF is the monster detection range. With HOT maybe a little work on the mini map would be helpful to those of us that get lost easily.

Expansion areas are partly meant to be played with other players. Its MMO after all. Use lfg, ask for help. The game becomes much more fun. With time it will all get easier.Pof is designed for mounts. Once you get the first 3 with masteries it becomes easier to travel.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Astyrah.4015 said:and maybe meta events (change existing) that reward you really good to entice more people to populate the maps/zones even if they aren't part of the daily event/bounty of the day

Why not try to change the meta events into something people want to do regardless of rewards? Something that doesn't drag on as they do at least.

I agree, but it seems that rewards are what really drives the player population so ...

@"Joote.4081" said:I think I need to get mastery points to get a skimmer, but I need a skimmer to get some of the mastery points. :)If you can get bunny, you can get skimmer.

If you mix PoF story and map mastery points, you get enough fast. Things are even set in such a way, that "go get bunny" is part of PoF story.

@Pirogen.9561 said:

@"Joote.4081" said:I think I need to get mastery points to get a skimmer, but I need a skimmer to get some of the mastery points. :)If you can get bunny, you can get skimmer.

If you mix PoF story and map mastery points, you get enough fast. Things are even set in such a way, that "go get bunny" is part of PoF story.

I was after a mastery point last night that was on top of a table-top. I was trying to find a way up while constantly harassed by mobs . Then this bunny comes along and 'bong' he's up there where I was trying to get for the last half hour. Bunny's should be banned.

@Joote.4081 said:

...weren't you also complaining about some maps being/feeling empty? (might have been someone else, I don't know) And now instead of having people in the world you want to add more wps so people keep skipping everything and rushing directly for the events? I'm not sure about that. Add more wps and the open world not only will feel even more empty, it won't even feel like
a world
at all. For me your complaints and proposed solutions are a bit backwards.

I'm discussing, not complaining. I am quite aware a lot of people disagree with my views and I respect their views. I didn't create this post to cause trouble, I just wanted to hear what other people thought about the two expansions.No, not complaining. My views are not likely to take my love of GW2 away, ands let's face it there is no way on this earth that A-Net would change a thing due to my rabbiting. :) If I was complaining I would be expecting A-Net to do something about it (I don't), I would be making threats about leaving the game and all that sort of rubbish (I'm not).

Two things have come out of this post that are helpful to us and the dev's. The main complaint with POF is the monster detection range. With HOT maybe a little work on the mini map would be helpful to those of us that get lost easily.

It seems we use "complaint" differently -you seem to think "it's not complaining unless something actually changes" (if I understood correctly), while I think complaining is... well... complaining: "a statement that something is wrong or not satisfactory". "Complaining" also doesn't mean you'll automatically quit something because of it.It's good that you want to discuss. It's not as good that for all I see, you didn't even address what was said in the post you've quoted, but instead repeated multiple times that "you were not complaining", while this is what you've done as far as I understand the meaning of that word :p

• Confused 1

@Joote.4081 said:

@Joote.4081 said:I think I need to get mastery points to get a skimmer, but I need a skimmer to get some of the mastery points. :)If you can get bunny, you can get skimmer.

I was after a mastery point last night that was on top of a table-top. I was trying to find a way up while constantly harassed by mobs . Then this bunny comes along and 'bong' he's up there where I was trying to get for the last half hour. Bunny's should be banned.

Play through the story first. By doing that, you'll unlock the mounts easly and while pretty much being guided step by step. Then you can go back to map completion without wondering why you can't get somewhere ;)

• Confused 1

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Astyrah.4015 said:and maybe meta events (change existing) that reward you really good to entice more people to populate the maps/zones even if they aren't part of the daily event/bounty of the day

Why not try to change the meta events into something people want to do regardless of rewards? Something that doesn't drag on as they do at least.

I agree, but it seems that rewards are what really drives the player population so ...

this. don't get me wrong, i'd love for interesting events one you'd want to do again just because it's so fun or really unique/engaging/etc. but something that contributes highly to a player's gold/hr (farming)rotation is what drives majority of the population to attend metas/events/etc.

especially if the chance of failure/messing up is high, the reward better be really worth it... otherwise it will always be deserted and doomed to fail over and over again due to lack of players/interest.

Oh my word. I just tried the POF story missions and they are soooo bad. Missions, spawns everything is such a mess. I just finished 75% of the way through the mission where you enter the main camp and got so fed up. Those two idiots I have with me just stand there looking at me while I'm in the heat of battle, absolutely useless.Come on now, no one can tell me that the POF story missions aren't just ridiculous but are broken to hell and back as well.

@Joote.4081 said:Oh my word. I just tried the POF story missions and they are soooo bad. Missions, spawns everything is such a mess. I just finished 75% of the way through the mission where you enter the main camp and got so fed up. Those two idiots I have with me just stand there looking at me while I'm in the heat of battle, absolutely useless.Come on now, no one can tell me that the POF story missions aren't just ridiculous but are broken to hell and back as well.

You’d think after so many years they would have fixed all the issues with it.... unless it is working as intended???

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:

@Joote.4081 said:Oh my word. I just tried the POF story missions and they are soooo bad. Missions, spawns everything is such a mess. I just finished 75% of the way through the mission where you enter the main camp and got so fed up. Those two idiots I have with me just stand there looking at me while I'm in the heat of battle, absolutely useless.Come on now, no one can tell me that the POF story missions aren't just ridiculous but are broken to hell and back as well.

You’d think after so many years they would have fixed all the issues with it.... unless it is working as intended???

What amazes me is that people some how get through it without going crazy. Is this what we can expect in the way of future content? I think GW2 ended at HOT's . This sort of slap-dash stuff is not what I expected from the guild wars team.

@Joote.4081 said:

What amazes me is that people some how get through it without going crazy. Is this what we can expect in the way of future content? I think GW2 ended at HOT's . This sort of slap-dash stuff is not what I expected from the guild wars team.

So, what were you actually finding challenging with this Story Mission? You refer to it being "broken to hell and back" but what is broken? What would you change to make it less broken?

@Joote.4081 said:Come on now, no one can tell me that the POF story missions aren't just ridiculous but are broken to hell and back as well.

I have experienced various bugs, mostly minor but a couple of times now they have been game-breaking. For instance, I couldn't complete the Thunderhead Peaks episode of LS4 due to a persistent disconnect issue which occurred at a specific point in the story every single time I tried it. I abandoned it and came back months later to find the issue resolved. Good thing the story isn't the main event for me, huh?

I also can't stand the stupidity of the out-of-bounds zones. First, who thought it was a good idea to have these zones kick players from the instance? Just...why? It's almost like the developers are trolling us. I was playing through an episode of LS4 the other night and I noticed at one point the green circle indicating the search area for an event literally overlapped the out-of-bounds zone. Seriously, why is this a thing!?

Don't get me started on disconnects and checkpoints! Suffice it to say, story content does not feel as polished as it should (To be fair, in the case of living story they were developed on a tight schedule!).

If you're referring to the difficulty, I feel like you may have some build/strategy issues contributing to your frustration here. While I agree that NPC AI is terrible and NPCs are generally useless, you really shouldn't need their help for this. It shouldn't feel ridiculous or broken.

@Joote.4081 said:I have nothing against desert or jungle areas it's just I don't think HOT nor POF were designed with a mmo play style in mind. More like something you might expect from a single player exploration game. And you can tell as you move from one area to another. Old maps populated to sometimes crowded, new areas I see very few people, sometimes I feel as if I'm the only one logged on when playing on them. :)

If a creature has the ability to fire grenades for petes sake make it once with a cool down, this spamming the entire area with grenades is terrible.

I'd argue the opposite. It's better when teaming up with others in those areas which is very mmo type of play.

@Joote.4081 said:Ah! So the lack of players could be down to the times I visit these expansion area's. That is something I never thought of but could very well be why I'm seeing dead maps. I will have to change the times I visit and test this out.On a side note I am in the process of playing through the story for the very first time (all chapters). I'm hoping this will cast light on some of the things that confuse me about this game.

You also have to remember that there are multiple instances of those maps, there's always a couple of maps with people on it doing events, especially the metas. Look in lfg and hop over to a fuller map before it fills up.

It all started to go wrong with the destroy the cannons mission. It wasn't that it was hard it was down to everything respawning the minute you killed them. Your suppose to pick up the explosives to destroy the cannon. To much like hard work as every time you threw one a npc would respawn in it's path. I think they had tried to do this instance inside the normal game (not a instance). Result was a broken mess.Right of the main camp mission doesn't tell you who the sentry's are, confusion. This instance looks to be made for 3, you and your 2 companions. When they stop working or disappear completely you are on your own against bosses and continually respawning enemy. Not so much hard but given the enemy has the ability to keep knocking you down while sniping from afar, pretty s***.They need to fix stuff they already in place before moving forward with expansions. All this broken stuff is building up and will get to the point the game will lose it's credibility.Look at the thread ' Visual clutter' a problem that's been around forever but never addressed.I'm slowly coming to terms with HOTs but this POF, well....

Strange how a company can put out stuff of extremely high quality such as the raptor mount, but then throw out really bad slap-dash stuff.

You know every mmo developer at some time or other has received the same advice from their player base 'STOP expending and fix what you have'Those that eventually listened are still with us, those who didn't take note are dead or struggling with a active player base of less than 10.Expansions are short term if the base game is shaky, long term if the base game is stable.

@"Joote.4081" said:It all started to go wrong with the destroy the cannons mission. It wasn't that it was hard it was down to everything respawning the minute you killed them. Your suppose to pick up the explosives to destroy the cannon. To much like hard work as every time you threw one a npc would respawn in it's path. I think they had tried to do this instance inside the normal game (not a instance). Result was a broken mess.Right of the main camp mission doesn't tell you who the sentry's are, confusion. This instance looks to be made for 3, you and your 2 companions. When they stop working or disappear completely you are on your own against bosses and continually respawning enemy. Not so much hard but given the enemy has the ability to keep knocking you down while sniping from afar, pretty s***.They need to fix stuff they already in place before moving forward with expansions. All this broken stuff is building up and will get to the point the game will lose it's credibility.Look at the thread ' Visual clutter' a problem that's been around forever but never addressed.I'm slowly coming to terms with HOTs but this POF, well....

Strange how a company can put out stuff of extremely high quality such as the raptor mount, but then throw out really bad slap-dash stuff.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Night_of_Fires

Sounds like you were working on this part of the story.

Those camp missions are a challenge if you are new to PoF as they are the first time most players see how mobs work in PoF. They aren’t broken by any means, but the tactics and build you used in Core or HoT may not be best for PoF as the mobs and circumstances are different.

While I am very comfortable with the content in PoF today, a year ago when I came back to the game and my first time in PoF it was a steep learning curve. I died a lot the first week or two I was exploring PoF but I never thought the game was broken or unfair. I always assumed that my skills were not honed and my builds were not optimal. Over time the content that was a challenge turned out to be really easy when approached correctly.

So, I have the raptor, the bunny (a personal favorite), the skimmer and the jackal all at level 3 abilities. Currently working on the Crystal mastery set to boost my use of them. Is there any of the level 4 or higher skills on the mounts that I should be looking at or is level 3 pretty much all that is needed?

@Joote.4081 said:It all started to go wrong with the destroy the cannons mission. It wasn't that it was hard it was down to everything respawning the minute you killed them. Your suppose to pick up the explosives to destroy the cannon. To much like hard work as every time you threw one a npc would respawn in it's path. I think they had tried to do this instance inside the normal game (not a instance). Result was a broken mess.Right of the main camp mission doesn't tell you who the sentry's are, confusion. This instance looks to be made for 3, you and your 2 companions. When they stop working or disappear completely you are on your own against bosses and continually respawning enemy. Not so much hard but given the enemy has the ability to keep knocking you down while sniping from afar, pretty s***.They need to fix stuff they already in place before moving forward with expansions. All this broken stuff is building up and will get to the point the game will lose it's credibility.Look at the thread ' Visual clutter' a problem that's been around forever but never addressed.I'm slowly coming to terms with HOTs but this POF, well....

not sure what you are doing here (and basically the whole thread). So you define everything you struggle with as not being part of actual difficulty, so things are not too hard for you but... I don´t know what. I think this is intellectually unsound.

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:

@"Joote.4081" said:It all started to go wrong with the destroy the cannons mission. It wasn't that it was hard it was down to everything respawning the minute you killed them. Your suppose to pick up the explosives to destroy the cannon. To much like hard work as every time you threw one a npc would respawn in it's path. I think they had tried to do this instance inside the normal game (not a instance). Result was a broken mess.Right of the main camp mission doesn't tell you who the sentry's are, confusion. This instance looks to be made for 3, you and your 2 companions. When they stop working or disappear completely you are on your own against bosses and continually respawning enemy. Not so much hard but given the enemy has the ability to keep knocking you down while sniping from afar, pretty s***.They need to fix stuff they already in place before moving forward with expansions. All this broken stuff is building up and will get to the point the game will lose it's credibility.Look at the thread ' Visual clutter' a problem that's been around forever but never addressed.I'm slowly coming to terms with HOTs but this POF, well....

Sounds like you were working on this part of the story.

Those camp missions are a challenge if you are new to PoF as they are the first time most players see how mobs work in PoF. They aren’t broken by any means, but the tactics and build you used in Core or HoT may not be best for PoF as the mobs and circumstances are different.

While I am very comfortable with the content in PoF today, a year ago when I came back to the game and my first time in PoF it was a steep learning curve. I died a lot the first week or two I was exploring PoF but I never thought the game was broken or unfair. I always assumed that my skills were not honed and my builds were not optimal. Over time the content that was a challenge turned out to be really easy when approached correctly.

I understand. But is it normal for the instance to continually spawn mobs so that you can't progress? I did think they would stop after a certain threshold but they didn't. Is it normal for your companions to stop fighting with you and instead just stand there looking at you until you die. Is it normal for you companions to not even turn up for the fight?Obviously there's something that triggers these bugs, but bugs they are none the less. Your only way around it is to keep on doing the instance in the hope this time you can bypass the bugs. As usual these problems arise on the long boring missions. They would have to wouldn't they?

This just happened to me in POF. I was gathering some herbs in one of the very few free from monsters areas and the message to change to a full sever pops up, I say yes. Then It spawns me right into a massive bunch of monsters. knocks me down, throws me about, I'm dead without getting one blow in. My hate for this expansion is becoming intense. :)

And how is it you can check around before taking on a mastery point challenge, making sure no other enemy's are in range. As soon as you start.......That's right, every monster from other worlds comes to join in and their money isn't on you.