Don't like the POF expansion area's very much.

@Joote.4081 said:

@Joote.4081 said:It all started to go wrong with the destroy the cannons mission. It wasn't that it was hard it was down to everything respawning the minute you killed them. Your suppose to pick up the explosives to destroy the cannon. To much like hard work as every time you threw one a npc would respawn in it's path. I think they had tried to do this instance inside the normal game (not a instance). Result was a broken mess.Right of the main camp mission doesn't tell you who the sentry's are, confusion. This instance looks to be made for 3, you and your 2 companions. When they stop working or disappear completely you are on your own against bosses and continually respawning enemy. Not so much hard but given the enemy has the ability to keep knocking you down while sniping from afar, pretty s***.They need to fix stuff they already in place before moving forward with expansions. All this broken stuff is building up and will get to the point the game will lose it's credibility.Look at the thread ' Visual clutter' a problem that's been around forever but never addressed.I'm slowly coming to terms with HOTs but this POF, well....

Strange how a company can put out stuff of extremely high quality such as the raptor mount, but then throw out really bad slap-dash stuff.

Sounds like you were working on this part of the story.

Those camp missions are a challenge if you are new to PoF as they are the first time most players see how mobs work in PoF. They aren’t broken by any means, but the tactics and build you used in Core or HoT may not be best for PoF as the mobs and circumstances are different.

While I am very comfortable with the content in PoF today, a year ago when I came back to the game and my first time in PoF it was a steep learning curve. I died a lot the first week or two I was exploring PoF but I never thought the game was broken or unfair. I always assumed that my skills were not honed and my builds were not optimal. Over time the content that was a challenge turned out to be really easy when approached correctly.

I understand. But is it normal for the instance to continually spawn mobs so that you can't progress? I did think they would stop after a certain threshold but they didn't. Is it normal for your companions to stop fighting with you and instead just stand there looking at you until you die. Is it normal for you companions to not even turn up for the fight?

So, this isn't an instanced story mission, but in the Open World. Mobs will respawn within a given time limit in the Open World (although I do not know what parameters and assume it is different for different parts of the game world and mob types).

As for the companions, they are not designed with the intent of helping you kill mobs, but to help guide the story. I wouldn't expect the NPC's to do anything really relevant to combat or survival.

Obviously there's something that triggers these bugs, but bugs they are none the less. Your only way around it is to keep on doing the instance in the hope this time you can bypass the bugs. As usual these problems arise on the long boring missions. They would have to wouldn't they?

I went to the area for this story mission and repeatedly killed the mobs around the cannons. There were a group of 6 that spawned near the left pair of cannons. It took between 30 and 60 seconds for the mobs to respawn. It took the same time for the cannons to respawn, probably faster.

What is the bug here?

Most of these mobs are relatively easy (short agro, low health and defenses, no long range weapons) that come in bunches and respawn quickly. The AI has them running around instead of focusing you down as well. There are a couple Vets and a couple ranged mobs for a challenge in the middle area, but you can avoid them and springer right onto the cannons.

This just happened to me in POF. I was gathering some herbs in one of the very few free from monsters areas and the message to change to a full sever pops up, I say yes. Then It spawns me right into a massive bunch of monsters. knocks me down, throws me about, I'm dead without getting one blow in. My hate for this expansion is becoming intense. :)

Lesson learned, don't accept the map change unless you are in a safe place like a town or by a WP. Just because you are in a safe place on the current map doesn't mean it will be safe when you change maps.

And how is it you can check around before taking on a mastery point challenge, making sure no other enemy's are in range. As soon as you start.......That's right, every monster from other worlds comes to join in and their money isn't on you.

In some cases yes, but, there are a lot of MP you can run to on a raptor or springer and stand at without being bothered by mobs. What MP is impossible to complete due to mobs around it?

@Joote.4081 said:What class do you think fares better in POF? I tried a thief but it was pretty rubbish so I brought in a necro, that done a lot better but does seem to attract aggro. Must be putting out a lot of damage or maybe healing.

Agro/Threat is range based for the majority of situations. Unlike other MMO's Healing or DPS doesn't have much if any impact on Threat. In fact, Threat isn't really a thing outside of a few specific Raid encounters I believe, and that is based upon the amount of Toughness a character has. I should add, some professions do have a Taunt to take Agro like Phantasmal Defender for Mesmer or various Pets for Rangers, but they are limited in use and execution.

That said, all professions can be very good in PoF, which prof is best for you might be a better question. While I couldn't survive 5 minutes on a Thief, Engineer or Revenant, I feel balanced and capable using Mesmer, Necro, Elementalist. That has everything to do with how I like to play games and the mechanics for these professions and my engagement into learning them. Perhaps there is a profession and build that would suit your playstyle best?

@Joote.4081, I think the best advice I could possibly offer at this point is to install arcdps and see what it tells you. You just seem to struggle with combat in general, so I think you need to figure out a better balance between survival and killing. Arcdps is a third-party addon, but it's about as close to an officially-sanctioned addon as you're going to get.

At any rate, arcdps can be your first step in figuring out what works best for you, which is the most important thing right now. Perhaps the most helpful part is, if you're partied up with a more experienced player, arcdps can show you what they're doing as well, which should be an eye-opener. Data always helps.

@"Joote.4081" said:What class do you think fares better in POF? I tried a thief but it was pretty rubbish so I brought in a necro, that done a lot better but does seem to attract aggro. Must be putting out a lot of damage or maybe healing.

For story missions, its not build, but mechanics. Miss mechanics and you die. Do it right, and any build goes.

Any class will do. Been there, done that. I'm a bit of altoholic.

Thief not rubbish. Try this one:

Both Thief or Necro will do. More important is what do you want? But not class. It a GW2 thing. What kind of playstyle you like the most? More "I hit you in the face", or more "burn baby burn" or more ... you know, playstyle.

Understand that the mobs in the new maps are tuned for players zipping past on mounts - larger aggro ranges, bigger alpha strikes, and often that first alpha has debuffs that are intended to knock you off a mount.I would agree that for newer players (esp that didn't bother to level up playing, but just poofd to 80 and raced to the new zones) they probably do feel savagely hard.

It's not so much killing them but killing them quick. There's so many to deal with I want to dispatch them ASAP. I have stopped to check my map and have had 6 things on me before I had time to finish checking if I was going in the right direction. I managed to kill them but it's the time wasted. I just wanted to get back on my mount and get on with the game. Those POF trash mobs just hinder game play.

I am playing all the story's at the same time. I have a character on each. Chapter 2 is pretty good. The HOTS story is surprisingly good. I'm enjoying that story very much. POF story is dire, not liking it at all, very buggy, very rushed, very dull.

@Naxos.2503 said:Heart of Thorns is meant to be oppressive and maze like. It is a jungle. A jungle that is in fact alive and would rather have you dead, or out. In that sense, I find the hostility particularly spot on. Even Tangled Depths which is to date the map I hate the most because the minimap is unreadeable, is done well with this in mind. It is a slow progress through it because it is meant to.

Once you learn the jungle, the jungle presents opertunities. Tangled Depths is amazing in this regard, because it's initially oppressive while also offering lots of shortcuts and hidden paths, making navigation extremely fast and easy.

@Westenev.5289 said:

@Naxos.2503 said:Heart of Thorns is meant to be oppressive and maze like. It is a jungle. A jungle that is in fact alive and would rather have you dead, or out. In that sense, I find the hostility particularly spot on. Even Tangled Depths which is to date the map I hate the most because the minimap is unreadeable, is done well with this in mind. It is a slow progress through it because it is meant to.

Once you learn the jungle, the jungle presents opertunities. Tangled Depths is amazing in this regard, because it's initially oppressive while also offering lots of shortcuts and hidden paths, making navigation extremely fast and easy.

Have to admit I have warmed to HOTs. For one it's not as bad as I remember when it was first released. I have a character navigating it while playing the story and I'm having a lot of fun.Maybe at sometime in the future I will warm to POF. I am NOT a fan atm.

@Joote.4081 said:

Have to admit I have warmed to HOTs. For one it's not as bad as I remember when it was first released. I have a character navigating it while playing the story and I'm having a lot of fun.Maybe at sometime in the future I will warm to POF. I am NOT a fan atm.

I'll have fond memories of PoF, but as a single playthrough experience alongside friends. When you get past the story and single time achievements, there's no reason to look back, which is a shame because it's so pretty...

@Westenev.5289 said:

I'll have fond memories of PoF, but as a single playthrough experience alongside friends. When you get past the story and single time achievements, there's no reason to look back, which is a shame because it's so pretty...

I wonder what it is about the maps that people congregate at? I know they are fun that's why I'm there but it's hard to put your finger on what draws us back to the same map day after day.

@Joote.4081 said:

I wonder what it is about the maps that people congregate at? I know they are fun that's why I'm there but it's hard to put your finger on what draws us back to the same map day after day.

Rewards and easy loots usualy.

Yeah, the expansions killed this game for me and many others. When this game launched I swore that this would be my main or only MMO. I got 3 characters to level 80 on the base game maps and had a blast doing it. Now I can't even login because I want my money back on those expansions. And mounts to me in this game were dumb. They were added to please the vocal minority that runs the forums. This game has never needed mounts.

@Joote.4081 said:

@"Naxos.2503" said:Heart of Thorns is meant to be oppressive and maze like. It is a jungle. A jungle that is in fact alive and would rather have you dead, or out. In that sense, I find the hostility particularly spot on. Even Tangled Depths which is to date the map I hate the most because the minimap is unreadeable, is done well with this in mind. It is a slow progress through it because it is meant to.

The main problem with hot/pof seems to be lack of player experience. Which doesn't mean it's the only reason people might dislike those expansions, but in a lot of cases it's just that -getting too used to easy "starter pack" content of core and then refusing to learn. It's great you're making progress :p

@wmtyrance.3571 said:Yeah, the expansions killed this game for me and many others. When this game launched I swore that this would be my main or only MMO. I got 3 characters to level 80 on the base game maps and had a blast doing it. Now I can't even login because I want my money back on those expansions. And mounts to me in this game were dumb. They were added to please the vocal minority that runs the forums. This game has never needed mounts.

Nah, that's not the reason.

• Confused 1

@wmtyrance.3571 said:Yeah, the expansions killed this game for me and many others. When this game launched I swore that this would be my main or only MMO. I got 3 characters to level 80 on the base game maps and had a blast doing it. Now I can't even login because I want my money back on those expansions. And mounts to me in this game were dumb. They were added to please the vocal minority that runs the forums. This game has never needed mounts.

I was one of those who felt the game didn't need mounts. That lasted right up until the first few seconds I spent on the raptor. ANet did a spectacular job with this system.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

I was one of those who felt the game didn't need mounts. That lasted right up until the first few seconds I spent on the raptor. ANet did a spectacular job with this system.

Haha! If they had given us the same old usually clunky horses and colourful toys to ride I would probably hate them myself but the raptor is something else altogether. It's a bleeding work of art.The game is edging into the region of the totally ridiculous though. A path all these games eventually go down in search of extra money from in-game sales. I guess you could say this another drawback of micro purchases.

@"Joote.4081" said:Haha! If they had given us the same old usually clunky horses and colourful toys to ride I would probably hate them myself but the raptor is something else altogether. It's a bleeding work of art.The game is edging into the region of the totally ridiculous though. A path all these games eventually go down in search of extra money from in-game sales. I guess you could say this another drawback of micro purchases.

Couldn't agree more on the mounts. Whether they were "needed" in the game or not, the mounts in GW2 are an excellent feature. Unlike most MMOs they're actually an extension of gameplay, rather than just a movement speed boost with a skin. Picking the right mount to get where you need to go and using its abilities effectively has become part of the game. They do arguably invalidate some of the lower level content, which is one of the reasons I chose to play through Core and HoT before getting a mount, even though I started playing after PoF.

Regarding your main discussion topic, I'm pleased to hear you've warmed to HoT. I think it's an excellent expansion. While I enjoy most maps in one way or another, for me the story and maps of HoT were more engaging because they tie together: most of the stuff you do in HoT maps is about advancing the state of the map, which is part of the story. I always found the HoT metas pretty fun, but tastes vary of course.I'm not sure I agree that the things you object to are bugs or design flaws. A lot of people, including me, have found some irritants in the expansions - pocket raptors were my bane when I first played HoT, and the aggro range in PoF is a bit annoying. But, as others have said, sometimes it's about picking the right tactics and build, using the tools you have effectively. Reading your posts I can't help but wonder if that might be part of your frustration with these maps. To take my pocket raptor example, when I entered HoT I was running a build focused on single target DPS - minimal AOE, little in the way of defence and not much crowd control. That's a pretty bad build to go up against a swarm of small mobs that each have minimal health but collectively kick out a lot of damage - by the time I'd targeted and burned down a quarter of the group the rest of them had eaten me. Throw in a couple of AOE abilities, preferably with some crowd control, and a group of raptors just evaporates.I certainly don't regard myself as a top-end player, but I've played through HoT and PoF, done all the story episodes, maxed all the materies (although I've not actually got every mastery point - there are more than you need) - so I wouldn't say the challenges of HoT and PoF are so bad as to make progress impossibly frustrating. Mostly I enjoyed my time in both expansions.A few thoughts based on some things you've said:

1. If you accept a map switch in the middle of an open area be ready to deal with what's happening on the map you arrive in. While things like meta start times are usually in sync across maps, the rest can vary. You might land in the middle of an event or a pack of wandering mobs. Sometimes I do that. Sometimes I die. That's on me.
  2. Don't look at your map in an area likely to have wandering mobs unless you're ready to switch back really quickly and deal with whatever has turned up. If you need more than a quick glance, tuck yourself away in a corner or up on a ledge - springer can be useful for getting onto a ledge where nothing is likely to bother you.
  3. If mobs are respawning faster than you can kill them (or so quickly you can't progress the task) it might be that your DPS is rather low. Perhaps your build is defence-focused so you can survive well, but don't have the damage to clear the mobs. If you haven't already, look at some guides for whatever class you're playing and see what is recommended for open world play.
  4. Some groups of mobs in PoF aren't worth taking on. If there's a big group clustered together, eye them up from a safe distance and decide on an approach - fight them, blast through them with your raptor, try to bypass them with your springer, or find another way around.Sorry if you've already picked up those points. If not, hope it's of some us in helping you enjoy the expansions more.

@Tildorel.4723 said:

@"Joote.4081" said:Haha! If they had given us the same old usually clunky horses and colourful toys to ride I would probably hate them myself but the raptor is something else altogether. It's a bleeding work of art.The game is edging into the region of the totally ridiculous though. A path all these games eventually go down in search of extra money from in-game sales. I guess you could say this another drawback of micro purchases.

Couldn't agree more on the mounts. Whether they were "needed" in the game or not, the mounts in GW2 are an excellent feature. Unlike most MMOs they're actually an extension of gameplay, rather than just a movement speed boost with a skin. Picking the right mount to get where you need to go and using its abilities effectively has become part of the game. They do arguably invalidate some of the lower level content, which is one of the reasons I chose to play through Core and HoT before getting a mount, even though I started playing after PoF.

Regarding your main discussion topic, I'm pleased to hear you've warmed to HoT. I think it's an excellent expansion. While I enjoy most maps in one way or another, for me the story and maps of HoT were more engaging because they tie together: most of the stuff you do in HoT maps is about advancing the state of the map, which is part of the story. I always found the HoT metas pretty fun, but tastes vary of course.I'm not sure I agree that the things you object to are bugs or design flaws. A lot of people, including me, have found some irritants in the expansions - pocket raptors were my bane when I first played HoT, and the aggro range in PoF is a bit annoying. But, as others have said, sometimes it's about picking the right tactics and build, using the tools you have effectively. Reading your posts I can't help but wonder if that might be part of your frustration with these maps. To take my pocket raptor example, when I entered HoT I was running a build focused on single target DPS - minimal AOE, little in the way of defence and not much crowd control. That's a pretty bad build to go up against a swarm of small mobs that each have minimal health but collectively kick out a lot of damage - by the time I'd targeted and burned down a quarter of the group the rest of them had eaten me. Throw in a couple of AOE abilities, preferably with some crowd control, and a group of raptors just evaporates.I certainly don't regard myself as a top-end player, but I've played through HoT and PoF, done all the story episodes, maxed all the materies (although I've not actually got every mastery point - there are more than you need) - so I wouldn't say the challenges of HoT and PoF are so bad as to make progress impossibly frustrating. Mostly I enjoyed my time in both expansions.A few thoughts based on some things you've said:
  1. If you accept a map switch in the middle of an open area be ready to deal with what's happening on the map you arrive in. While things like meta start times are usually in sync across maps, the rest can vary. You might land in the middle of an event or a pack of wandering mobs. Sometimes I do that. Sometimes I die. That's on me.
  2. Don't look at your map in an area likely to have wandering mobs unless you're ready to switch back really quickly and deal with whatever has turned up. If you need more than a quick glance, tuck yourself away in a corner or up on a ledge - springer can be useful for getting onto a ledge where nothing is likely to bother you.
  3. If mobs are respawning faster than you can kill them (or so quickly you can't progress the task) it might be that your DPS is rather low. Perhaps your build is defence-focused so you can survive well, but don't have the damage to clear the mobs. If you haven't already, look at some guides for whatever class you're playing and see what is recommended for open world play.
  4. Some groups of mobs in PoF aren't worth taking on. If there's a big group clustered together, eye them up from a safe distance and decide on an approach - fight them, blast through them with your raptor, try to bypass them with your springer, or find another way around.Sorry if you've already picked up those points. If not, hope it's of some us in helping you enjoy the expansions more.

You read my mind. I am spending much more time now learning about my builds and actually reading what they entail. A lot of my characters are years old, made back before expansions, these are the characters that are causing me the most grief and need a good strip down and overhaul, honestly they are a mess. I gave my Mesmer the once over then practiced with a few builds , locked the skills into my head then went to SW then on to HOTs. It performed much better than I expected.Over the years the dev's mess around with balance and buffs, you have to keep up to date I suppose. That once kick A character just doesn't cut it anymore.

@kharmin.7683 said:If people recall, mounts when released were limited to the PoF maps, which made sense. It was the popularity of them, I believe, which forced Anet's hand into allowing them into other maps.

Mounts were available everywhere from day one, what you probably recall is gliding which was only available on HOT maps for a while, until they allowed it on Core Tyria as well.

@Joote.4081 said:

@Joote.4081 said:It all started to go wrong with the destroy the cannons mission. It wasn't that it was hard it was down to everything respawning the minute you killed them. Your suppose to pick up the explosives to destroy the cannon. To much like hard work as every time you threw one a npc would respawn in it's path. I think they had tried to do this instance inside the normal game (not a instance). Result was a broken mess.Right of the main camp mission doesn't tell you who the sentry's are, confusion. This instance looks to be made for 3, you and your 2 companions. When they stop working or disappear completely you are on your own against bosses and continually respawning enemy. Not so much hard but given the enemy has the ability to keep knocking you down while sniping from afar, pretty s***.They need to fix stuff they already in place before moving forward with expansions. All this broken stuff is building up and will get to the point the game will lose it's credibility.Look at the thread ' Visual clutter' a problem that's been around forever but never addressed.I'm slowly coming to terms with HOTs but this POF, well....

Strange how a company can put out stuff of extremely high quality such as the raptor mount, but then throw out really bad slap-dash stuff.

I feel like PoF just isn't your kind of thing.I know that this is such a cliche answer to someone who's complaining, but it seems like you don't really enjoy core game mechanics? (Not just because of this specific comment). Or maybe you just don't really have a full grasp on how to play this game, as you seem to struggle a lot with fairly doable stuff (You're saying that the stuff isn't difficult but your issues clearly say otherwise...)PoF is arguably one of the easiest content in the game, especially compared to HoT. So maybe you don't enjoy PoF because... well, it's simply not whats fun to you. That's fine, not everyone is going to like everything, but that doesn't mean the game is bad or broken.

It's true that I do find some of the story missions hard and die in some of them repeatedly,
but that's due to the fact they shove a level 80 boss into them straight out of a dungeon raid meant for a party of 250 that one shot you.
It doesn't help much when your NPC team is beyond useless and only gets in the way. :)

I think they count your NPC team in with the party when they should be deducting them as you would be better off without them.

They don't. I didn't have any problems with the story missions when I did them a couple of years ago. and I'm by no means great at this game. That's why I said that I feel like you might not have a full grasp on how to play "good" (really not trying to be offensive here, sorry :( ).All of the story missions are designed for solo play. Maybe you don't understand a boss mechanic? Maybe you don't dodge effectively? Maybe your build is really subotipmal? I really don't know what the issue is. Yes, some story bosses take a bit too long to kill, but they really shouldn't be able to one shot you whatsoever unless you're completely ignoring mechanics.

@Maikimaik.1974 said:

I feel like PoF just isn't your kind of thing.I know that this is such a cliche answer to someone who's complaining, but it seems like you don't really enjoy core game mechanics? (Not just because of this specific comment). Or maybe you just don't really have a full grasp on how to play this game, as you seem to struggle a lot with fairly doable stuff (You're saying that the stuff isn't difficult but your issues clearly say otherwise...)PoF is arguably one of the easiest content in the game, especially compared to HoT. So maybe you don't enjoy PoF because... well, it's simply not whats fun to you. That's fine, not everyone is going to like everything, but that doesn't mean the game is bad or broken.

It's true that I do find some of the story missions hard and die in some of them repeatedly,
but that's due to the fact they shove a level 80 boss into them straight out of a dungeon raid meant for a party of 250 that one shot you.
It doesn't help much when your NPC team is beyond useless and only gets in the way. :)

I think they count your NPC team in with the party when they should be deducting them as you would be better off without them.

They don't. I didn't have any problems with the story missions when I did them a couple of years ago. and I'm by no means great at this game. That's why I said that I feel like you might not have a full grasp on how to play "good" (really not trying to be offensive here, sorry :( ).All of the story missions are designed for solo play. Maybe you don't understand a boss mechanic? Maybe you don't dodge effectively? Maybe your build is really subotipmal? I really don't know what the issue is. Yes, some story bosses take a bit too long to kill, but they really shouldn't be able to one shot you whatsoever unless you're completely ignoring mechanics.

Maybe you don't understand a boss mechanic? That bit made me laugh. I know boss mechanics in TESO. I know boss mechanics in FFXIV. I even know boss mechanics in wow. But I have yet to learn a boss mechanic in GW2 unless it's told to me. Reason is, you have to see it to absorb it, and It's a good idea to shut your eyes in a GW2 boss fight to prevent damaging your eyes. :)

@Joote.4081 said:

Maybe you don't understand a boss mechanic? That bit made me laugh. I know boss mechanics in TESO. I know boss mechanics in FFXIV. I even know boss mechanics in wow. But I have yet to learn a boss mechanic in GW2 unless it's told to me. Reason is, you have to see it to absorb it, and It's a good idea to shut your eyes in a GW2 boss fight to prevent damaging your eyes. :)

You're dying and running into respawn issues in open world/story missions. Let's just be honest and say that there is room for improvement here. I had played WoW for years before I tried GW2. The core game even fooled me into thinking I was picking it up quickly! Then I started HoT and it became clear that I didn't know as much as I thought I did. The combat in this game is not just about knowing a few boss mechanics. The nuances of timing, positioning, rotation, etc. really require months or even years of play to master and even then you can always improve. Even learning buildcraft is a challenge here as the system is so free-form it's easy to end up making things hard on yourself without realizing it!

Don't take this as a criticism. It sounds like you are very experienced, and so you will probably come back to this type of content and marvel at how much of a difference a little learning and practice make in this game! I know I did!

@Joote.4081 said:

Well clearly you should keep eyes open so you dont die to the boss then that seem to be the problem.

I agree on the PoF aggro range. It's obnoxious and it has nothing to do with difficulty (although it certainly won't help if you struggle with the combat!).

They wanted to ensure enemies could threaten mounted players. That's a sensible goal. But is being dismounted in PvE outside of objectives really an issue for most players? Between griffons and skyscales, roller beetles, stealth 2.0, dodge chaining with endurance refill, it's pretty trivial at this point, right? So, if they are not a dismount threat, what exactly is the purpose of that iboga that attacks from so far away that they sometimes actually reach their tether, invuln, and reset to spawn?

Apparently it's to ensure that if you willingly dismount (to harvest a node or a cache, for instance!) in PoF, you're frequently forced to fight every enemy within a square mile before you can re-mount. I am not sure they considered this cost that previously didn't exist. The "cost" I'm referring to is that desire to get back on your mount!

It's annoying, isn't it? You didn't stop to fight all these enemies. Maybe 1 or 2. I mean, you pick your battles, right? Is it worth my time to stop for these lentils? Well, the calculation in PoF seems a bit off to me. Far too often I fight a lot of enemies I had no interest in dealing with and it just feels like an annoying waste of time for no reason. Why did that jacaranda decide I was a threat all the way over here? Now to fight it I have to move closer to it, which means I will aggro all the other jacaranda. You know what? Screw lentils! I'm over it!

Am I crazy? I feel like this is unnecessary and I wish they would return to normal HoT aggro range!

@"AliamRationem.5172" said:I agree on the PoF aggro range. It's obnoxious and it has nothing to do with difficulty (although it certainly won't help if you struggle with the combat!).

They wanted to ensure enemies could threaten mounted players. That's a sensible goal. But is being dismounted in PvE outside of objectives really an issue for most players? Between griffons and skyscales, roller beetles, stealth 2.0, dodge chaining with endurance refill, it's pretty trivial at this point, right? So, if they are not a dismount threat, what exactly is the purpose of that iboga that attacks from so far away that they sometimes actually reach their tether, invuln, and reset to spawn?

Which are those problematic iboga places? From what I've noticed, they aren't crowded around the regularly frequented routes unless you go out of your way to actually interact with something that's next to them anyways?

Apparently it's to ensure that if you willingly dismount (to harvest a node or a cache, for instance!) in PoF, you're frequently forced to fight every enemy within a square mile before you can re-mount. I am not sure they considered this cost that previously didn't exist. The "cost" I'm referring to is that desire to get back on your mount!

I don't really have that problem (even moreso to the extent of considering it some sort of general pof problem), so I don't see the "cost" here.

It's annoying, isn't it? You didn't stop to fight all these enemies. Maybe 1 or 2. I mean, you pick your battles, right? Is it worth my time to stop for these lentils? Well, the calculation in PoF seems a bit off to me. Far too often I fight a lot of enemies I had no interest in dealing with and it just feels like an annoying waste of time for no reason. Why did that jacaranda decide I was a threat all the way over here? Now to fight it I have to move closer to it, which means I will aggro all the other jacaranda. You know what? Screw lentils! I'm over it!

You know what those mobs do, you see where they are, you see where "the thing you want to take" is, dismount out of reach/los or use your mount engage and clear what you need before gathering. It really doesn't seem complicated.

"is that lentil worth gathering" -well, here you are, complaining about wanting to gather the lentil for free, so, um, apparently? :D

• Confused 1