Condi Weaver - Dagger vs Sword

Methuselah.4376

I know the current meta for condi weaver has sword but I've seen some videos with dagger pulling a bit ahead in terms of dps. But they were on a huge hitbox so that most likely effects things. Regardless, I like the flavour of dagger better over sword, so if I go dagger will it be at a detriment? Or is the difference negligible?

from my own exp using condi d/f, it gets screwed over whenever you want to be stacking/cant safely dash through the enemy and when the enemy walks out/is able to be ‘pushed’ (i.e. from multihit melee skills) out of your line fields. you may also periodically dash out of short range support skills unintentionally as well

otherwise the difference should be rather negligible

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:from my own exp using condi d/f, it gets screwed over whenever you want to be stacking/cant safely dash through the enemy and when the enemy walks out/is able to be ‘pushed’ (i.e. from multihit melee skills) out of your line fields. you may also periodically dash out of short range support skills unintentionally as well

otherwise the difference should be rather negligible

Ah thanks! I

I tried it several times in open world and I just couldn't replicate the burst that I could get on a sword. The mobility is nice, but it's just too reliant on big and static hitbox. The worst part is that the only good auto is in earth, which is even more scuffed when targets start to move.

In raids I don't think I'd play it anywhere other than cairn and gorse.