Champions Chapter 3 questions.

Tazer.2157

@Tazer.2157 said:

@Tazer.2157 said:Okay first off, no King or Queen or President has EVER gone into battle alone. Crecia is not a "general", she is the leader of the blood legion akin to a President. It does not make any sense for the leader of the blood legion to go around the world while leaving her homeland behind. Her duty is to the blood legion and not Lion's arch. Lion's arch has humans to defend it or did we now forget about humans existing on Tyria? Charr had a civil war and they are still stronger than the humans? LOL!

You seem to forget what Lion's Arch is. It's not kingdom or a sizable nation like Kryta but instead a city-state (its also not a HUMAN city) as such its population at its height is unlikely to be even a fraction of the United Legions current lows. However LA is not at a population height as it has also suffered its own debilitating attack less than a decade ago. And let's say the Legions and LA did have comparable populations, its important to remember that the Legion Charr are all soldiers whereas the same cannot be said about the citizens of Lion's Arch.

I will however concede that the the two Imperators should probably at least have gaurds, though who knows, maybe the Charr would see that as a sign of weakness.

Didn't the Charr have a more recent civil war though? If you look at the world map of Drizzlewood coast and the Charr lands, there is a huge gap between the two places. Bangar and the Dominion went into Drizzlewood via the North because Jormag let them through. However the United legions had to go all the way across the Shiverpeak mountains and the human lands before they could reach Drizzlewood. This journey itself would have scattered the Charr. Yet aftet all this and the war, the Charr do not come across as weak or scattered. They are as strong as ever. I would think that they would complain how they have to deal with the ghosts of Ascalon and the fallout of their war before they could have Crecia and Malice run around the world saving everyone. I would think their current state would make them more defensive. Surely a race that has to ensure its survival would close themselves off and focus solely on the defense of their land rather than help everyone else out during a war. We do not see that. What we have is everyone holding hands. The whole of Tyria has now become selfless and that cheapens the whole nastiness of war and battle.

iB5xwIJ.gif

Joking aside, you keep ignoring inconvenient arguments that have been put forth by the others in this thread and have been arguing in bad faith. I'm not sure it's worth continuing.

Please tell me what your opinion is. Isn't that the whole point of the forums. What I did was point out the entire story. Why don't you tell me how the Charr got to Drizzlewood coast. I am all ears. Simple stating "it is your opinion" is not a discussion at all. In fact you have done the very same thing you have accused me of doing, of arguing in bad faith.

Nah, I'm bowing out of that part of the conversation for the reasons I already stated, plus I have the joy of extra weekend shifts to deal with.

@Bast.7253 said:I'm just hoping they explain why Primordus and Jormag both want into the Dominion of Winds so bad.

I think Primordus has been doing it for many years. We saw in the core game that Destroyers were burrowing into the area

Maybe there is something magical in there attracting them or the leyline we saw in LA passes right into the heart of it.

@Bast.7253 said:I'm just hoping they explain why Primordus and Jormag both want into the Dominion of Winds so bad.I don’t think it’s meant to be anything beyond “I want to burn/freeze highly populated areas so I get more power” which they established last chapter directly contributes to a positive gain toward their power levels. I don’t think there’s necessarily a tactical reason for selecting these locations to attack beyond looking for more people/things to consume. Whether or not the locations actually make sense boils down to what the devs can do right now.

@"Bast.7253" said:I'm just hoping they explain why Primordus and Jormag both want into the Dominion of Winds so bad.

Unpopular opinion: Primordus is already in there, in small pockets. Jormag doesn't want "in". Both dragons are preparing to fight the DSD. Primordus engages in war games with the tengu to make sure that they are ready for the DSD's minions, since the latter are the closest to Primordus' minions in terms of their fighting techniques and behavior. Jormag used a feint attack against the DoW to bring the tengu into the Pact's fold and, quite possibly, to make sure that the terrestrial races have a way in and out of the DoW once the DSD makes landfall.

Jormy and Prim view the DoW as a "safe zone" to which the terrestrial races can retreat when the DSD starts flooding the region. It wouldn't surprise me if the Pact establish themselves there and we got to Cantha through a secret asura gate setup inside...

As is to be expected with the storyline, the Free Peoples of Tyria will think that all of this was their own idea and won't even entertain the notion that the Five Terrestrial Dragons have been playing the long game with the animal, the DSD, in order to draw it out of the water and into a position of vulnerability on land. Then the Twins will spring their trap.

@"Tazer.2157" said:Can someone tell me how in the Bloodtide coast, a land that is across the Shiverpeak mountains, we have "reinforcements" from the Charr and the Olmakhan? Why is Crecia even there to help us? Isn't the Charr just recovering from a civil war? Wouldn't Crecia be required back in Ascalon in case the Black Citadel comes under attack? Where are the pirates that inhabited the land? Where is the order of whispers? Wouldn't they be the first to rely on for reinforcements?

Also since when did the spirits of the wild become Bobby, Jim, Cindy and Drake? They are supposed to be ancient spirits, but the writing makes them seem like a couple of dudes from the neighborhood that you meet at Mcdonalds. Even Braham seems to be smarter than them!

Also why couldn't Jormag open up a portal inside the dominion of winds? Is he afraid of the sharp Tengu weapons? Can't he open a portal on the other side of the wall? So many questions.

There was a meeting with the Olmakahn on neutral ground. Lion's Arch is as neutral as it comes. Historically, nearly all meetings of this nature were held there, so I don't see why anyone would be surprised by it.

Lion's Arch has portals for fast travel, a conventional shipyard, and an airship dock, plus waypoints, and Charr have choppers.

Crecia is the Blood Imperator and wouldn't be responsible for Black Citadel, only Blood Keep in Grothmar. The currently leader of the Black Citadel is probably Mia Kindleshot, who we haven't seen since Drizzlewood Coast as far as I know.

The Pirates were defeated by the future Pact Commander many years ago, before even the Zhaitan campaign started. Remember that older maps are stuck in time, which is the whole reason we have DRMs to begin with.

The Order of Whispers is likely no longer based in Bloodtide Coast. Their base was invaded by Zhaitan. The same attack happened on Vigil and Priory headquarters, but the Order of Whispers couldn't just stay there after that since unlike the other Orders they depend entirely on their secrecy. Its unknown where they moved to, especially after they blew half the place up to defend against the attack.

The Spirits of the Wild chose Norn as their representatives. They were always going to be kind of dorky.

@Tazer.2157 said:Okay first off, no King or Queen or President has EVER gone into battle alone. Crecia is not a "general", she is the leader of the blood legion akin to a President. It does not make any sense for the leader of the blood legion to go around the world while leaving her homeland behind. Her duty is to the blood legion and not Lion's arch. Lion's arch has humans to defend it or did we now forget about humans existing on Tyria? Charr had a civil war and they are still stronger than the humans? LOL!The entire Blood Legion army can't follow Crecia around all the time. When she shows up for Lake Doric and Ebonhawke DRMs, she has an army. When she was at Lion's Arch, she was going alone (likely a small unit with her that was fighting off-screen tbh) for negotiations. You don't bring an army to negotiations.

The Bloodtide Coast DRM caught Crecia and Malice off-guard. They didn't show up to the invasion, the invasion showed up to them.

That said, the High Legions aren't like most modern or historical governments where they stay out of personally fighting wars, and are far closer to your typical historical fiction leaderships which stand on a hill overwatching the perceived main battles alongside the generals. (We can probably thank figures like Alexander for this depiction.)

Second the Olmakhan. Are they immune from dragon attack? Are they so numerous that they can just leave their home, sail across the sea to help us when they needed our help in the first place? The Olmakhan isn't a big nation like the other races. There is no way they have enough troops to defend their homeland and sail the seas across Tyria to lend us aid! Come on!

As said by others, the DRMs are centralized in Central Tyria's region. There's no attacks ever established in far off distances like the Blood Legion Homelands, Far Shiverpeaks, or Elona. So like with Kralkatorrik, the Olmakhan don't need to defend their home because no one is attacking their home.

Third, one year is not enough time for the Charr to recuperate. Lets talk about what happened, we killed hundreds of Charr, hundreds of Charr followed Bangar, the Charr also has to deal with the ghosts of Ascalon. But yet the Charr are just as strong as ever?

We have zero indication of the damage the battle in Drizzlewood did, but think of it like this: lore would paint the High Legions to be a few million at least. Do you honestly believe that they got decimated so much in a single battlefront? While it's probable there were other battlefronts, there is no solid mention of such - and what we see happening in Drizzlewood, while bad for the High Legions, is hardly a nation-wrecking catastrophe.

Forth, the Lionguard then had the interest of clearing up the pirates from the coast but now fail to show up when there is a dragon invasion? Priorities am I right.

They are very much present in that DRM - in fact, all NPCs that aren't the random faction ally, are Lionguard. As I've already mentioned in this thread.

Fifth, I am sorry but good writing would be enough to explain the DRMs. We do not need a new map, what we need is more writing that tells us the extent and limit of Jormag's powers. Can Jormag open up portals everywhere? Is there a way to stop the portals opening up? How many Svanir has Jormag corrupted? Can't we stop more Svanir joining Jormag? Currently, it would make more for them to tell us that the Tengu handled Jormag's minions instead of the half baked story we have.

It's one thing to tell players that stuff is happening. It's another thing to create actual gameplay content. Good writing won't develop new content. I won't say that this release had good writing - in fact, I'm of the opinion the entire Champions releases have been pretty poor writing in general (the best writing is Jormag's lines, imo, though Anet needs to fix the timing for interruptions).

That said, I don't see how any of your questions deal with the Dominion of Winds being attacked.

Can Jormag open portals everywhere? We've only seen portals opened where powerful icebrood were already at, so I'd argue not "everywhere".Is there a way to stop the portals from opening? Seems not, but you can force them closed.How many Svanir has Jormag corrupted? ANet's never given us exact numbers for any population, but it's probably safe to say it's similar ratio to norn population as NC to sylvari population (approx 15%). Assuming you're referring to the Sons of Svanir and not Icebrood Svanir... Anet of S3 writing, why did you make that so confusing.Can't we stop more Svanir joining Jormag? Technically no, because Svanir by very nature of being called such have joined Jormag. Can we stop more people from deciding to follow Jormag? No more than you can prevent people from adopting a new faith.

And no, it would not be better to say "Jormag attacked the tengu but they handled it" instead of showing us Jormag attacking the tengu.

@Tazer.2157 said:Why is that the case? So why not just have all Tyrians move down south while we deal with the dragons?

Do you think you could evacuate all of France in a timely, organized manner? Just drop everything in the nation and head on over to Spain, Italy, and Germany?

Probably not.

And Central Tyria's even bigger, with larger population.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Tazer.2157" said:Okay first off, no King or Queen or President has EVER gone into battle alone. Crecia is not a "general", she is the leader of the blood legion akin to a President. It does not make any sense for the leader of the blood legion to go around the world while leaving her homeland behind. Her duty is to the blood legion and not Lion's arch. Lion's arch has humans to defend it or did we now forget about humans existing on Tyria? Charr had a civil war and they are still stronger than the humans? LOL!The entire Blood Legion army can't follow Crecia around all the time. When she shows up for Lake Doric and Ebonhawke DRMs, she
has
an army. When she was at Lion's Arch, she was going alone (likely a small unit with her that was fighting off-screen tbh) for negotiations. You don't bring an army to negotiations.

The Bloodtide Coast DRM caught Crecia and Malice off-guard. They didn't show up to the invasion, the invasion showed up to them.

Why is Crecia so far away from Ascalon? And why on earth would we need help from the olmakhan. They are like a small fishing village.

My problem with this is that it makes the world very very small. Let’s look at Drizzlewood coast and Ascalon. In between these two we have the shiverpeaks, the human lands. The game is moving us across these vast distances so quickly. Even in the in game time, the war was fought and won within a single year. The charr are back on their feet in the same year. And now we have crecia in lake Doric, in the bloodtide coast, basically wherever the game wants her to be.

As said by others, the DRMs are centralized in Central Tyria's region. There's no attacks ever established in far off distances like the Blood Legion Homelands, Far Shiverpeaks, or Elona. So like with Kralkatorrik, the Olmakhan don't need to defend their home because no one is attacking their home.

But is that a 100 % certain? Is mighty tyria now taking help from a fishing village across the sea? And just like my previous comment about the world being made smaller, now it seems that the olmakhan can be anywhere and everywhere.

We have zero indication of the damage the battle in Drizzlewood did, but think of it like this: lore would paint the High Legions to be a few million at least. Do you honestly believe that they got decimated so much in a single battlefront? While it's probable there were other battlefronts, there is no solid mention of such - and what we see happening in Drizzlewood, while bad for the High Legions, is hardly a nation-wrecking catastrophe.

So if the high legions were about a few million, why did they need our help to win the war? Not only the commander, even Logan and cas fought alongside the legion. And after all this, the war had no impact on the charr?

Forth, the Lionguard then had the interest of clearing up the pirates from the coast but now fail to show up when there is a dragon invasion? Priorities am I right.

They are very much present in that DRM - in fact,
all
NPCs that aren't the random faction ally, are Lionguard.
As I've already mentioned in this thread.

When you played the DRM did you feel that the lionguard were an actual army mobilizing and putting together the defense of lions arch? No. You could have replaced the NPCs with quaggans and nothing would have changed. Make me feel like the lions guard is an actual faction that is active.

Fifth, I am sorry but good writing would be enough to explain the DRMs. We do not need a new map, what we need is more writing that tells us the extent and limit of Jormag's powers. Can Jormag open up portals everywhere? Is there a way to stop the portals opening up? How many Svanir has Jormag corrupted? Can't we stop more Svanir joining Jormag? Currently, it would make more for them to tell us that the Tengu handled Jormag's minions instead of the half baked story we have.

It's one thing to tell players that stuff is happening. It's another thing to create actual gameplay content. Good writing won't develop new content. I won't say that this release had good writing - in fact, I'm of the opinion the entire Champions releases have been pretty poor writing in general (the best writing is Jormag's lines, imo, though Anet needs to fix the timing for interruptions).

One of the reasons I play games and mmos is because I want to feel like I’m living in this fantasy world. It doesn’t matter if I do a boring quest like kill 20 wolves if the story and the characters keep me interested. Gw2 has enough content. The champions release is pretty good imo. But it’s missing fantasy. I don’t feel like tyria is under attack. I don’t feel like the factions are coming together and defending tyria. All I see are a few prominent characters who seem to be doing everything.

Can Jormag open portals everywhere? We've only seen portals opened where powerful icebrood were already at, so I'd argue not "everywhere".

I would think this would be the first steps we would research. Find the dragon’s limits and weaknesses. But we have done no such thing. I know as much about Jormag now as I knew when I picked Norn as a new character. The game has added nothing new about Jormag.

@Tazer.2157 said:Why is Crecia so far away from Ascalon? And why on earth would we need help from the olmakhan. They are like a small fishing village.

My problem with this is that it makes the world very very small. Let’s look at Drizzlewood coast and Ascalon. In between these two we have the shiverpeaks, the human lands. The game is moving us across these vast distances so quickly. Even in the in game time, the war was fought and won within a single year. The charr are back on their feet in the same year. And now we have crecia in lake Doric, in the bloodtide coast, basically wherever the game wants her to be.A. Because the Olmakhan's most direct route into Tyria is via the ocean, which would take them to the waters around Lion's Arch. She is meeting them there because its most convenient for them.B. Crecia can move around quickly because there are a lot of Asuran gateways, and waypoints, in central Tyria for people to utilize. Crecia can just waypoint to the Black Citadel, take the Asura gate to Lion's Arch, and from there reach any major city instantly via the other asura gates. The world IS small because they canonically have large scale teleportation based transportation systems.C. We don't NEED the help of the Olmakhan, nor did Crecia call them to ask them for help. Meeting the Olmakhan was part of a negotiations effort to have the Olmakhan possibly rejoin the greater Charr society in a more direct way, or at least establish more formal diplomatic relations between the two. That the Icebrood attacked, and the Olmakhan decided to help fight Jormag and Primrodus' minions is unrelated to the reason why they were called.

@Tazer.2157 said:

One of the reasons I play games and mmos is because I want to feel like I’m living in this fantasy world. It doesn’t matter if I do a boring quest like kill 20 wolves if the story and the characters keep me interested. Gw2 has enough content. The champions release is pretty good imo. But it’s missing fantasy. I don’t feel like tyria is under attack. I don’t feel like the factions are coming together and defending tyria. All I see are a few prominent characters who seem to be doing everything.

I would disagree with this. Isn’t that exactly what’s going with the DRMs, destroyers/ Icebrood attacking several points in Tyria. We also have random allied factions showing up during these missions.

Also NPCs in the EOTN talk about Primordus attacking the centaur lands too.

as soon as we have braham as a champion of primordius, I think we should no longer seek any consistency in the story of this gamethe mission with braham and the wild spirits was the most ridiculous i have done in 8 years. Honestly I think I even preferred to plant panels during the LS 1.The dialogues of Alladin and the Little Mermaid are more elaborate.

@"Tazer.2157" said:Why is Crecia so far away from Ascalon? And why on earth would we need help from the olmakhan. They are like a small fishing village.

My problem with this is that it makes the world very very small. Let’s look at Drizzlewood coast and Ascalon. In between these two we have the shiverpeaks, the human lands. The game is moving us across these vast distances so quickly. Even in the in game time, the war was fought and won within a single year. The charr are back on their feet in the same year. And now we have crecia in lake Doric, in the bloodtide coast, basically wherever the game wants her to be.

Why would Crecia be in Ascalon, that's not her home. It's not needing help of Olmakhan, it's building relations, and even if they're a small fishing village, they showed they're strong in the fight against Kralkatorrik anyways.

As for traversing far distances in short time: asura gates allow instant transportation.

So if the high legions were about a few million, why did they need our help to win the war? Not only the commander, even Logan and cas fought alongside the legion. And after all this, the war had no impact on the charr?It's less of need and more of it was offered so why not use it. The Commander had a personal stake in the matter, and Logan/Kasmeer were there as part of the peace treaty accords.

And the war did have impact on the charr. ArenaNet just spares the mass playerbase who don't care about the nitpickings of politics and paper pushing to details. We never learned the details of Elona's recovery, either. Or even the Pact's after either PS or HoT.

When you played the DRM did you feel that the lionguard were an actual army mobilizing and putting together the defense of lions arch? No. You could have replaced the NPCs with quaggans and nothing would have changed. Make me feel like the lions guard is an actual faction that is active.

Honestly, yes I did. Any argument of "you could have replaced them" is purely because they had no voiced lines. Would have been nice if they did, but ANet likes to limit their VA budget by episode, and Champions on a whole has had a good amount of VAs involved.

Blame End of Dragons. They gutted the Champions content and quality for that expansion so many people so desperately desire for some esoteric reason.

But I'd disagree that the DRMs aren't showing Tyria being under attack, or that factions aren't coming together. Could be done better? Of course - blame EoD for it not being done better - but is it being done enough to show it's happening and letting us experience it? Yes.

I would think this would be the first steps we would research. Find the dragon’s limits and weaknesses. But we have done no such thing. I know as much about Jormag now as I knew when I picked Norn as a new character. The game has added nothing new about Jormag.IBS actually added a lot about Jormag, especially in Episodes 1 and 2.

Not so much in Champions, other than the Frozen stuff, though.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:A. Because the Olmakhan's most direct route into Tyria is via the ocean, which would take them to the waters around Lion's Arch. She is meeting them there because its most convenient for them.Does make one wonder why, after the events of Season 4, the Olmakhan haven't bothered to requisition an asura gate. Too expensive? Could just use Rata Primus remains I imagine, if it isn't a new Chernobyl. Maybe too many still wanting isolation? But plenty showed up in FotFW, Thunderhead, and Dragonfall, so I don't think that's really the case anymore (esp. given how GW2 writing goes).

Even if the Olmakhan haven't set up an asura gate, why wouldn't there be one closer, like in Sun's Refuge, that they can travel faster to than taking a boat to LA.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Does make one wonder why, after the events of Season 4, the Olmakhan haven't bothered to requisition an asura gate. Too expensive? Could just use Rata Primus remains I imagine, if it isn't a new Chernobyl. Maybe too many still wanting isolation? But plenty showed up in FotFW, Thunderhead, and Dragonfall, so I don't think that's really the case anymore (esp. given how GW2 writing goes).

Even if the Olmakhan haven't set up an asura gate, why wouldn't there be one closer, like in Sun's Refuge, that they can travel faster to than taking a boat to LA.Probably a combination of just wanting to remain "low tech" in general, and some lasting distrust of the asura from what the inquest did.

As for why there isn't a gate in something like Sun's Refuge, not sure. Maybe the Sunspears just don't want it, and/or are too busy trying to get the coalition government settled down to worry about having a gateway outsiders can come in from.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Tazer.2157" said:My problem with this is that it makes the world very very small. Let’s look at Drizzlewood coast and Ascalon. In between these two we have the shiverpeaks, the human lands. The game is moving us across these vast distances so quickly. Even in the in game time, the war was fought and won within a single year. The charr are back on their feet in the same year. And now we have crecia in lake Doric, in the bloodtide coast, basically wherever the game wants her to be.

Charr now have airships and copter, even if they dont have, the pact have and can lend one.

The DRMs try represent a "world iminent colapse" and primordus invading everything. So probably the "allies" have free pass on portals, or lend airships more easily. So humans probably dont bother with a Charr Emperor traveling their lands in a "world emergency" scenario.

on LS3 Almorra get us a free rid on her destination - i dont remember to which place, but i remember that was very far distance(divinity reach i guess), until the bloodstone incident. Remember that Heart of Magumma is supposedly in a extreme distance too. In HoT we have this too, people "teleporting" to the the heart of the jungle.

Due do game nature in general this is an inevitable impression, i have same impression with Caithe's journey "wow this girl run like a centaur, from Magumma Wastes to the heart of jungle always ahead of us". Or the ship we take on Crystal Oasis to Istan, if o look on the map, is a big journey and lots of lands to circunvent using sea route.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@"Tazer.2157" said:My problem with this is that it makes the world very very small. Let’s look at Drizzlewood coast and Ascalon. In between these two we have the shiverpeaks, the human lands. The game is moving us across these vast distances so quickly. Even in the in game time, the war was fought and won within a single year. The charr are back on their feet in the same year. And now we have crecia in lake Doric, in the bloodtide coast, basically wherever the game wants her to be.

Charr now have airships and copter, even if they dont have, the pact have and can lend one.

The DRMs try represent a "world iminent colapse" and primordus invading everything. So probably the "allies" have free pass on portals, or lend airships more easily. So humans probably dont bother with a Charr Emperor traveling their lands in a "world emergency" scenario.

on LS3 Almorra get us a free rid on her destination - i dont remember to which place, but i remember that was very far distance(divinity reach i guess), until the bloodstone incident. Remember that Heart of Magumma is supposedly in a extreme distance too. In HoT we have this too, people "teleporting" to the the heart of the jungle.

Heart of thorns was beautifully set up. It had a trailer that showed the pact moving into the jungle with airships and then crashing down. In the maps, we see the wreckage of air ships. We did not simply portal to the jungle but traveled there. Drizzlewood coast did not give us any sort of an indication of a journey. Apart from a few helicopters, we were just there. A few helicopters aren't enough to justify the amount of soldiers that went into the war efforts.

Due do game nature in general this is an inevitable impression, i have same impression with Caithe's journey "wow this girl run like a centaur, from Magumma Wastes to the heart of jungle always ahead of us". Or the ship we take on Crystal Oasis to Istan, if o look on the map, is a big journey and lots of lands to circunvent using sea route.

Caithe's journey is still better than the current situation. I want the writers to take cues from the Zaithan story line. I think it was very well done. Loads of new characters, different choices and world building. Obviously it would take time to implement different choices in a living world release, but they need to make the world seem more alive. Drizzlewood coast has a very cool meta but that is about it. There is no exploration, there are no interesting NPCs. It is basically a farm simulator where players come in and out quickly without any sort of interaction.

@Tazer.2157 said:

@Tazer.2157 said:Second the Olmakhan. Are they immune from dragon attack? Are they so numerous that they can just leave their home, sail across the sea to help us when they needed our help in the first place? The Olmakhan isn't a big nation like the other races. There is no way they have enough troops to defend their homeland and sail the seas across Tyria to lend us aid! Come on!Jormag and Primordus's attacks have been concentrated in central Tyria. There have been no known attacks by their forces in Elona, or other places.

Why is that the case? So why not just have all Tyrians move down south while we deal with the dragons?

Sure. Lets move the population of an entire continent.

GENIUS IDEA! ......

But what did you expect from someone who thinks that LA is a Human City.

@Randulf.7614 said:Well the Charr's biggest threat is the Dragons and they aren't showing much interest in attacking the Citadel. Their attention is being turned to threatened areas and given the portals everywhere, airships and other modes of fast transport, them getting around fast is pretty much just accepted practice now. I don't hae a huge issue with that

The Order of Whispers not being involved does seem a bit odd. But, then again, attacking Bloodtide doesn't make a lot of sense. Given Jormag's power, why not just portal straight into LA with an army? Bloodtide is hardly well populated and if it's about strategic location for LA, well just go straight ot LA - a surprise attack would probably be better than an advanced assault/siege. Or go into the Dominion and then smash through into LA from there.

I think trying to find consistencies in the Champions story (or most of the GW2 story) at this point is folly. They've already disregarded the point of much of the writing since LS3/PoF where killing Dragons is a big no no (I mean we saved Jormag and Primordus in LS3Ep6 only to kill them now with no worries about the fallout), just for what appears to be a big Kaiju fight next chapter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a big Kaiju fight. It's just doing so at a cost

In PoF we didn't have our own actual Elder Dragon. Things have changed, although we didn't directly get a line from Aurene saying it or something.Pretty sure we know at this point that Aurene can do it with her powers as a full dragon with Elder status, back then we were only working towards it without really knowing it would result in an instant transformation.