Tengu Voice Over Challenge - [Merged]

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:We've had in-game examples of man-sized Tengu voices all along, such as the Tengu guards near Shuttered Gate in Lion's Arch, or Kensho Arrowsoul in the guild halls. So we have reasonable expectations of what a full-sized Tengu should probably sound like.

As far as I know, all the Tengu we had in GW2 before Chapter 3 were adult, male Tengu.Yet this new Tengu is neither adult, nor male.

There is no reason to assume or expect little Tengu girls sound the same as adult male ones.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:We've had in-game examples of man-sized Tengu voices all along, such as the Tengu guards near
Shuttered Gate
in Lion's Arch, or
Kensho Arrowsoul
in the guild halls. So we have reasonable expectations of what a full-sized Tengu should probably sound like.

As far as I know, all the Tengu we had in GW2 before Chapter 3 were adult, male Tengu.Yet this new Tengu is neither adult, nor male.

There is no reason to assume or expect little Tengu girls sound the same as adult male ones.

If indeed it was a little Tengu, but it was full-sized. The voice did not fit the body.

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:If indeed it was a little Tengu, but it was full-sized. The voice did not fit the body.

I completely agree with the model size being the problem.It feels like Arenanet just did not want to bother doing more than just using Hayato's model and colour swap the clothes.But that's simply the minimalistic amount of effort Arenanet puts into Champions anyway.

But the voice isn't the problem.

@Poormany.4507 said:It was very distracting and immersion breaking when I heard that voice coming from a full sized tengu. Based on the fact that she's a messenger, I would assume she's at least a teenager/young adult, but she sounds like she's a little kid (or a skritt/asura disguised as a tengu). I think even as much as scaling down her size would have helped a lot in her case. Although, I do wonder if we'll be able to see actual tengu children if/when we go to the Dominion of Winds.

yep! this is very accurate and exactly what i thought

@Dawdler.8521 said:What I find impressive is that this forum has so many people with in depth knowledge about how a man-size bird should sound when speaking English.

We've had in-game examples of man-sized Tengu voices all along, such as the Tengu guards near
Shuttered Gate
in Lion's Arch, or
Kensho Arrowsoul
in the guild halls. So we have reasonable expectations of what a full-sized Tengu should probably sound like.

I didn't mention this in my original post but this is very true!!!! Yet another example of why the tengu from the latest DRM sounds weird

@Milkshake.4370 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:What I find impressive is that this forum has so many people with in depth knowledge about how a man-size bird should sound when speaking English.

We've had in-game examples of man-sized Tengu voices all along, such as the Tengu guards near
Shuttered Gate
in Lion's Arch, or
Kensho Arrowsoul

I didn't mention this in my original post but this is very true!!!! Yet another example of why the tengu from the latest DRM sounds weird

There's also the tengu NPCs located in Auric Basin that shout in combat, as well as tengu merchants from the base game that will greet or dismiss you. I think the clicking noises were in some of these tengu voices, too. I know Kensho Arrowsoul has it at the end of some of his lines.