Thanks for the Weaver's sword weapon. I'm loving it.

Cyrin.1035

All of the Weaver's sword skills are useful and effective for me. I can easily use them all and even the dual attacks. Whereas on the other weps I find most of them ineffective or I just don't need to use them. Paired with my focus I now feel pretty solid for the way I play.

I also love the Warpblade. By far my favorite sword skin in the game so far!

The #2 skills of sword are nice, but I don't get why the auto attack had to be 130 range. Rev has a 2h hammer and it's a ranged weapon - why couldn't they do something similar with sword? Just because it's a sword doesn't mean it has to be a simple slash animation - we are elementalists! Also, sword hits like a wet noodle. But apart from the autoattacks and the damage, sword has some good skills.

I think that is why it is melee, elementalist already has an all-range kit (even if dagger is close/mid range). I think they wanted to go for an "enchanted weapon" feel with the sword, where you use it as a focus tool. If you look at how the spells are animated, like the dual flame attack being a flame spike through the stab animation, or the autos building in spell intensity. For me, that was a really cool direction but I can see how people who want like, actual directed spell casts dislike the sword for it. Thing is, I feel like dagger fills that niche already.

Personally, my silent complaint was always that Dagger did not feel melee enough, so i was ecstatic about the sword. I always liked GW2s ability to not stick to vanilla fantasy conventions, so if you want to take your profession out of the norm a little bit there is that option, while you can stick to a staff if you want the complete witch/wizard fantasy. If I may be so bold as to draw a parallell to that giant beast of an MMO that I prolly don't need to name, Sword weaver to me is the enhancement shaman to more traditional casters. If that's lost in translation, a sword duellist that augments their fighting with elemental magic.

@P Fun Daddy.1208 said:I feel like dagger just outclasses sword on weaver, especially with focus. 180 range is just brutally short.

It depends on how you play, but I like the melee direction of the sword and it gives me more use of all of my elements to avoid, negate, and deal damage. It's a more exciting way for me to play. Those who prefer range probably won't like it. The Elementalist did need some kind of melee-focused weapon however for melee players.

I don’t mind the range tbh, it’s the speed, slow short range attacks don’t work very well in a fast paced game unless they also hit incredibly hard making the set up required worth it. Unfortunately the damage isn’t anything special either so the sword feels underwhelming, though it has a lot of evades.

@cursE.1794 said:The #2 skills of sword are nice, but I don't get why the auto attack had to be 130 range. Rev has a 2h hammer and it's a ranged weapon - why couldn't they do something similar with sword? Just because it's a sword doesn't mean it has to be a simple slash animation - we are elementalists! Also, sword hits like a wet noodle. But apart from the autoattacks and the damage, sword has some good skills.

I'd liked to see some range increase skills to incorporate in the rotations. Like a utility skill of some sorts or a side effect on a utility skill.

i have been having loads of fun playing sw/d but i think it really needs access to a reflect , I mean u can run focus and go super defensive and get a couple anti projectile skills more defensive skills and a couple skills with 900 range instead of just 600 ,,,

but that's just the problem you run sw/d to be more aggressive and then a p/p thief will just melt you and will always stay at 900 range kiting , none of the movement impairing conditions weaver has does anything to them because the thief will be running dash or don't stop , all I need is one reflect I don't need all the defensive skills focus offers ,,, one reflect and sword dagger would have some counter play against people who just want to kite you with ranged attacks

I wish arcane shield was a option but there is no point in running that because stuff like unload would just eat up the 3 blocks it provides In no time.it needs something more a reflect , some ranged attacks, maybe more movement impairing conditions IDK but it is just to easy to kite, and I stick to people like glue being a thief my self

Archived