So with build templates from delta...

zealex.9410

@Chickenooble.5014 said:It can't. Someone probably doesn't understand how things work.Actually, it can. At least that is what Delta said himself."EFFORT IS MADE TO PREVENT CATASTROPHIC FAILURE LIKE ITEMS BEING EATEN,HOWEVER, BY USING THIS EXTENSION YOU PROCEED ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.EXTENSIONS MUST BE UPDATED WITH ARCDPS."It's best users are aware that if anything does go wrong... You may not be able to recieve help from Anet, as they have officially stated: "This is officially unsupported, and ArenaNet will not be able to offer any support for this addon or issues that occur due to use of this addon."

Addon for build template swapping... well I thought "hey an addon I might actually try out" then I read "requires ArcDPS"... I see enough elitist bullshit from people with DPS meters in the game as is, I refuse to use one. I'm honestly glad(ish... prefered the old official stance of "no") that the official stance on them is that they are fine as long as they only record YOUR DPS, and the only way they are allowed to show you other people's DPS and be officially supported is if the other person is also using a DPS meter which shared the data. Since I want nothing to do with the DPS meter elitists, I will NEVER use one.

Hopefully a version of this that does not require a DPS meter to be installed will come along, or the official feature version will be implemented before too long...

Very early on there was no LFG feature in the game either and people used 3rd party websites to find groups. Some people said that would stop Anet making their own because they could get away with letting players do it themselves, but it actually did the opposite. It proved there was a need for a tool to help form groups, and got Anet to get on and make it.

Hopefully this will do the same.

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:much rather see anet doing this than . seen how it is now as their has been problems with this already . case in point BMG or what ever it was called . but know that will never happen at all ever. anet likes to stay the way it is too much .

We dont know what anet will do and the author posted that this is a stopgap until we get a 1st party implementation. Also saying anet doesnt like to change is a false claim imo. We saw this with raids, mounts etc and they have expressed that they wonna make it.

I can't believe that, five years into the game, we still don't have an official build template feature. It was such a great addition to GW1 and people applauded it, so everyone assumed something so essential would automatically be delivered with GW2. I understand that the skill mechanic functionality changed, but still, after all those years...

I seriously hope this is being in development and not somewhere way down on ANet's to-do checklist.

@zealex.9410 said:

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:much rather see anet doing this than . seen how it is now as their has been problems with this already . case in point BMG or what ever it was called . but know that will never happen at all ever. anet likes to stay the way it is too much .

We dont know what anet will do and the author posted that this is a stopgap until we get a 1st party implementation. Also saying anet doesnt like to change is a false claim imo. We saw this with raids, mounts etc and they have expressed that they wonna make it.

oh really now please do tell ?? if it was not a fact anet does like to change then why is it the game has so many problems and can not run good in 4K at all ??? or SLI cross fire oh then their is the new cpus from both intel and amd . oh then all the video card problems with the Nvidia series 900 and 1080 TI video cards ????? or the fact the game does not use IPV6 even ?? your claims are baseless for the fact only thing raids brought to the game was elitism and proism . and a whole lot more salt !! if what i just said is not the case or fact then why is it that their is not many people that raid or dungeons are dead or world events fail for that matter even .

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

oh really now please do tell ?? if it was not a fact anet does like to change then why is it the game has so many problems and can not run good in 4K at all ??? or SLI cross fire oh then their is the new cpus from both intel and amd . oh then all the video card problems with the Nvidia series 900 and 1080 TI video cards ????? or the fact the game does not use IPV6 even ?? your claims are baseless for the fact only thing raids brought to the game was elitism and proism . and a whole lot more salt !! if what i just said is not the case or fact then why is it that their is not many people that raid or dungeons are dead or world events fail for that matter even .

Im sure reworking the egine to make the game run better would be smewhat harder than making build tenplates. Idk elitism was there since the old dungeon days and it was a shotshow back there.

They also brought some much apreciated hard content with them regardless if you like it or not. Dungeons are dead because they are old content ppl grew sick of doing. I recently finished astralaria and i will tell u that for like a week or 2 i was in maguma all day doing metas. (and successfully completing them)

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Im sure reworking the egine to make the game run better would be smewhat harder than making build tenplates.

oh idk i think both could be easy done . if and only if they really wanted to do it and that if the player base made them points so much more clear and louder they would not have any choice but to do so . otherwise the game and gem store could get pretty bare .

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Im sure reworking the egine to make the game run better would be smewhat harder than making build tenplates.

oh idk i think both could be easy done . if and only if they really wanted to do it and that if the player base made them points so much more clear and louder they would not have any choice but to do so . otherwise the game and gem store could get pretty bare .

I mean if its so easy to do you might as well go there and show them coz they seem for w/e reason to be unable to do it.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

I mean if its so easy to do you might as well go there and show them coz they seem for w/e reason to be unable to do it.

i refer back to my first post on this . but will say if it could be done in such a way no ones at all information went any place and it did not end up like that DPS meter mess did . just seams like it would bring more problems then it would if anet was not lazy and just did this already . but we already know them answers and so forth but will say it be nice if the fix was already done by anet and not going back down that broken messy road again that has been already traveled .

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

i refer back to my first post on this . but will say if it could be done in such a way no ones at all information went any place and it did not end up like that DPS meter mess did . just seams like it would bring more problems then it would if anet was not lazy and just did this already . but we already know them answers and so forth but will say it be nice if the fix was already done by anet and not going back down that broken messy road again that has been already traveled .

If this was the only tenplates we would be getting anet would have most likely say so in the gamescom meetup. But their answer there iirc was that it wouldnt be comming with pof and that we know how much players want it, but we couldnt make it in time.

Archived