Choya logging tool failing to complete a 3rd strike

I sent a ticket about it and they told me to report the bug in game i reported it and nothing happens, i search the internet and its been a known issue for a long time.So... from what i understand it wont be fixed. is there a way i can get a refund and then buy another logging tool that works?

Are you saying you only see 2 strikes or that you're only getting 2 logs from each tree?

This is from the wiki:

The Choya will occasionally fail to do its third strike before the gathering cast ends, forcing the player to start another gathering cast to get the third strike out of the logging node.

@Vayne.8563 said:This is from the wiki:

The Choya will occasionally fail to do its third strike before the gathering cast ends, forcing the player to start another gathering cast to get the third strike out of the logging node.

if the bug is known out there enough to be put on the wiki, i think that's enough reason for arenanet to do a quick silent fix on it and bundle it with any of the minor updates we get every 2-3 weeks (especially on a cash shop item) -- why they haven't done so is beyond me

@Vayne.8563 said:Are you saying you only see 2 strikes or that you're only getting 2 logs from each tree?

This is from the wiki:

It doesnt give me the 3rd wood item thats why im forced to recast the harvest again and its veeeeery time consuming when you put it on a large scale farming and ofc this item wasnt free and it wasnt cheap.If they sell something defective its pretty reasonable to either fix or refund and not give automated answers.

@georgessj.4198 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:Are you saying you only see 2 strikes or that you're only getting 2 logs from each tree?

This is from the wiki:

It doesnt give me the 3rd wood item thats why im forced to recast the harvest again and its veeeeery time consuming when you put it on a large scale farming and ofc this item wasnt free and it wasnt cheap.If they sell something defective its pretty reasonable to either fix or refund and not give automated answers.

Not disagreeing with you at all. When I first typed the response I'd been unfamiliar with the bug, which is why I listed it. At no point did I suggest it shouldn't be fixed. I'm pretty surprised it hasn't been. Gem store stuff usually does get fixed.

@georgessj.4198 said:I sent a ticket about it and they told me to report the bug in game i reported it and nothing happens, i search the internet and its been a known issue for a long time.So... from what i understand it wont be fixed. is there a way i can get a refund and then buy another logging tool that works?

Have you tried to move that Glyph to another Gathering tool? It could be that it is related to the animation that this do in combination with Glyph is the trigger to not work as intended.

@ShadowCatz.8437 said:

@georgessj.4198 said:I sent a ticket about it and they told me to report the bug in game i reported it and nothing happens, i search the internet and its been a known issue for a long time.So... from what i understand it wont be fixed. is there a way i can get a refund and then buy another logging tool that works?

Have you tried to move that Glyph to another Gathering tool? It could be that it is related to the animation that this do in combination with Glyph is the trigger to not work as intended.

Tested and no it doesnt fix the bug its probaly not related but it even went worse when i removed it.

@georgessj.4198 said:

Tested and no it doesnt fix the bug its probaly not related but it even went worse when i removed it.

Too bad it didn't solve your issue, then the only thing is to ask for a refund of Gem and purchase some other Gathering tool that will work as far as we know it on forum.

I haven't had any problems with those Glyphs listed down here to trigger, but those aren't giving you an extra item for each strike.

Timekeeper (33% chance to instant gather all in each strike - on Rich Ore node you get 3 strikes with each strike 3 items (w/o any Guild banner buff or anything else it increase yield), but sometimes you can be in luck have this happen twice after each other which reduce time to gather.) When Timekeeper trigger you will hear a classical Chronomancer sound and a purple clock on ground (independent of Gathering Tools animation).

Industrious from Firestorm Logging Tool (moved to another permanent tool) can also be rather fast and save time when you want to move from node to node fast. The animation of fire is also not too disturbing (blocking view from potential danger) and fast enough even without Industrious buff, if you use another Glyph. There is new package where one of these also have Industrious equipped from start called Spirits of the Wild Gathering Tools.

Reaping is also useful as another option for fast farming nodes (all in 600 units range) and I bought it with Skyscale Hatchling Gathering Tool. This have a rather fast animation where Skyscale Hatchling charge up and then gather from node, so with any other Glyph it still work fast to get that node and move on.

With exception for Timekeeper both option make it faster to collect nodes and are 100% warranted to gather then those that are based on random trigger to add or increase your yield without any buffs from Guild or from Gem store items. Then we have those Volatile and Unbound version that also are 100% in you get a small amount of these currencies at same time as you gather normally what is from node.

Good luck and hope you will get your refund!

The Swarm Logging Flute has the exact same issue. The animation finishes before the 3rd strike. I contacted support about it and the only solution was a refund in my case. I can't understand why for the love of God they can't just normalize the gathering speeds across all gathering tools.

@Phobia.9651 said:The Swarm Logging Flute has the exact same issue. The animation finishes before the 3rd strike. I contacted support about it and the only solution was a refund in my case. I can't understand why for the love of God they can't just normalize the gathering speeds across all gathering tools.

I contacted suport for a refund or fix and they gave me an automated response to report the issue in game, ofc needless to say nothing hapened. I guess i will send again in hope i get a refund but i doubt it