[Poll] Weapon for the next Thief Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

• 1 year later...

@Asur.9178 said:Sword off-hand means creating multiple skills for all possible dual skills - that's too much work for a class that is not ele for ANet; so, greatsword.

Nothing against you but I have to debunk this perception.

Its actually the same amount of skills they would be creating.

Offhand 4 and 5 are static skills (so that 2 new they create). Then they only then have to create dual skills for main hands - sword, dagger, and pistol (thats only 3 more new skills).

So they would be creating 5 new weapon skills whether its a new 2 hander or a new off hander. The same amount of work.

On topic: my vote is sword offhand.

No more two handed weapons. We need an off hand weapon as there only two we have for that slot at this time and that dagger and pistol. We actually have more two handed weapons than off hand weapons . If we have a torch/mace/sword/focus we open up 3X the number of builds be it s/new d/new p/new and this is a lot more interesting to me than another two hander. I voted mace before but will be fine with torch/sword/mace or focus.

A Greatsword because i would love a more "combo, devil may cry" style e-spec. for example they could make it so that you chain weapon skills, and with every chain that skill is more impactful. for example you start with 2 and chain 3 for extra damage, and then use your 4 for even mor extra damage and lastly 5 for maximum value. if you use a skill which was already used in the chain, for example 2-3-2, the chain resets.

• 2 weeks later...

@Vornollo.5182 said:Definitely Sword Off-Hand.I would love to see a proper Brawler-Spec for Thief (again) and I feel like Off-Hand Sword thematically best fills that spot.A spec that really gives a whole new meaning to what were the mind-games of Acro S/D in ages past. Don't want it to try and be a Mesmer though, Illusions on a Thief seems more like something suited for a Scepter.

Another option would ofcourse be the Focus for a Bard spec that I've seen some people suggesting... Could be interesting for a party-support sort of spec, especially after seeing what they've done with the Firebrand's Tomes/Virtues.

But yeah, I definitely want Sword Off-Hand next, I just need that duellest/brawler-y goodness that other classes have been enjoying and that we've felt in the past.

Welllp my comment's still valid in my own opinion! Lol.

Would still love to see a proper place for a duelist role for Thief again... This +1 is fun and all, but I'd like more options :)

Sword off-hand forever, I made a post to share opinions about it. It would be really cool if they add a mechanic that allow thief to use both swords in autoattacks to refresh the 1 skill on sword only with a trait maybe (or using differents 1 skill chain), since sword auto attack had become pretty weak in the last years, PvE especially compared to other classes where the only good deal is Staff (if u want real aoe damage). I'd like if was Anet to do surveys about next elite specs, since they are made for us players and not just "to exist". If anyone knows how to talk/ask them, it would be really appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna go with Axe.

Though, I'll preface this with the notion that Greatsword could be pretty cool as well, I know I really liked my Warrior/Rogue Greatsword build in Kingdoms of Amalur (Even if it was so OP that I 3 shot the last boss before it even moved). It's just, Teef could do with some more 1H weapons, especially given they open up more options due to the various parings available.

Torch could also be interesting. Giving a sort of Warhammer Witch Hunter vibe with the DoT spec where you'd set enemies on fire.

Sword off-hand... I dunno, current Sword OH's seem kind of lackluster and I'm not sure a Teef one would fare any better.

Axe though... Many Axe sets have some decent AoE (Warriors Cyclone Axe and Whirling Axe, all of Ranger's Axe skills, Necro's Unholy Feast and Revenant's Temporal Rift) which could be interesting. Also, potential to make a helicopter build where you run Axe/Axe + D/D + Daggerstorm and only use attacks where you spin xD

My main qualm, would be the fact that I'd like to see Axe/Axe as a core option as opposed to locked behind an Elite. Since, there's a lack of Power based AoE in the core weapon sets, being limited to only Sword's cleave (Which is only 3 targets) and otherwise it's basically just SB's Cluster Bomb which has some of its damage in Bleed.

@Shena Fu.5792 said:For those wanting support / healer role, how about Apothecary / Druglord, who dispenses poison, heals, and dark fields (life steal). Wields mace + focus = mortar + pestle.

I think it is unlikely that an elite spec will get access to 2 different weapons (like your example: mace and focus). To this point, it has always just been 1 weapon type, with spellbreaker being able to dual wield the daggers, but still the only weapon he got added was dagger.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Mace/Mace.

Cudgels are a thief weapon after all. Honestly Thief has DPS of various sorts down. A set with a heavy emphasis on debilitating and CCing a foe would be nice. Lots of weakness, blinds, vulnerability, stuns, dazes, and a knockdown.

Dude, you just described the daredevil.

I'm talking more CC and more weakness sans the acrobatics and more of a slugger in a back alley.