Tyrs Paladium is hiring! "The 30-70+ Year Olds Guild" - NA-[TYRS]

On 9/6/2021 at 6:08 AM, dicemaster.1432 said:

Hi. How can I join? Can you send me an invite please ?

hi dicemaster - you'll need to go to our website and fill out an app - https://tyrspaladium.shivtr.com/ - and make sure that the GW2 in the top left corner of the screen is red. applications are checked daily.

On 9/15/2021 at 7:47 PM, Inkie Pinkie.9458 said:

Hi guys/gals:   I went looking for a no BS, chill, no drama and active guild. I found it in TYRS.  We are a 14 yr old NA Dragonbrand server guild with members on other servers.  We are mainly PVE with daily and weekly organized raids, strikes, missions and events.  Our average age is still 30 to ancient and evenly split between guys and gals.  Help is always available and we have daily active players though out the 24 hours.. Many of our older members are nine year GW2 vets and our new members are made up of brand new players and returning players.   Our website link is below where you can apply, see our rules and goals and how we are part of a MMO Multi gaming community.   All questions I am happy to address and look forward to seeing your application, we'll leave the light on for you.

Inkie :classic_cool:

TYRS PALADIUM GUILD WEBSITE -- Fill out an application here: https://tyrspaladium.shivtr.com/?site_game_id=136318

and some of us older members have been playing Guild Wars since GW1's Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall and Eye of the North.

I'm a new GW2 player who joined Tyrs about a month ago.

These guys are great!  No drama, no headaches, just a bunch of friendly, helpful people having a good time.  I feel like I lucked out finding this guild 🙂

Fridays are our biggest day, there's always laughs doing guild missions together,  and groups for Strikes, Fractals, etc if that's what you're going for.  Smaller groups organize activities through the rest of the week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tyrs is the place to be for all your geriatric and pre-geriatric Guild Wars 2 needs. 

*Events include:
- Monday: Remembering what we did this past weekend

- Wednesday: Rousing games, starting at 8pm eastern, of "Which Cream is This?".  Guild members take turns tasting unlabeled tubes containing toothpaste, hemorrhoid cream, denture cream, and sweet cream. When someone loses, you'll know!

- Friday: Guild missions!

- Saturday: I can't remember what we do on Saturdays

- Sunday: See Saturday

- Monday: I think I did this one already.

- Tuesday: You've got to be tired of this by now.

*May include non-existing guild events

Honestly, I've been away from the game for a looong time, and although I'm absolutely lost half the time, I'm having a blast with these folks.  I've only been back to the game and in Tyrs for a week or two, but being involved with this group of folks checks the biggest MMO box for me: the MMO is only as fun as the people you play it with. So get some new tennis balls for your walkers, shake the mothballs out of your Members Only jackets, put on your OG Pong hats, and get with Tyrs!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fun fact about our GW2 chapter, we just started raid progression! Admittedly I'm taking things slow (as raid leader) to keep it as casual as possible in a more serious environment, but its raiding! Several of our members got their first raid kill ever this past Friday! Now we can confidently say we teach fractals, strikes, and raids, all in as casual an environment possible. Come try your luck 😉

• Thanks 2

The Tyrs gates just swung wide open once again...

We are looking for new players, veteran players and all in between, interested in joining a fun filled, drama free guild organized completely around TEAM PLAY!

Just send your request in PM or here and we'll discuss further what it takes to join our guild!

Edited by Aandre the Giant.4615

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to update here on our recent accomplishments together. We have successfully killed some raid bosses. Yep, you read that correctly, a casual guild killing raid bosses. The best part is, thats not all we offer in terms of what we can teach new members.

Come check us out if you'd like to learn the game in a positive, relaxed atmosphere!

Here's the logs for the first clears we have gotten in raid wing 4:

https://dps.report/JJvd-20211015-203846_cairn

https://dps.report/zRR9-20211105-212726_mo 

• 1 month later...

If You Can Dream, of a better land...

where ALL our Brothers (& Sisters) walk hand in hand,

Then WE have something in common!

Join TYRS PALADIUM, one of the FIRST, and longest running Guild Wars 2 guilds. "NO DRAMA -- NO B.S." pays off!

There IS a light in the DARK.... Come meet our wonderful & generous folk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-pP_dCenJA

Edited by Aandre the Giant.4615
  • Like 1

Little update on our raid adventures for any prying eyes interested to see where our static is at 😉 

Couple weeks back on the bull and we're one-shotting all of W4 up to deimos consistently. We're getting weekly practice in at deimos, with many pulls resulting in the 30-20% range. 

To prevent burnout I limited our deimos prog and moved us to W1 after ~1hr total of practice between our 2 days. And... we almost full cleared W1 in 30 minutes, with no teaching or guides prepped. Only reason we did not go further is because I had to leave 😅.

Heres our logs for the curious:
https://dps.report/kX3l-20220122-202633_vg

https://dps.report/0twX-20220122-210344_gors

I am extremely proud of our members effort. Only up from here 😎

Edited by DankMemeLord.5039
misclicked submit
  • Like 1

If you are an "older" gamer looking for a welcoming, inclusive home, this could be it! I have been a part of TYRS so several years now and recently was promoted to Officer. We are growing and getting more active every week! We have scheduled weekly events 5/7 nights a week and are always looking for more ideas.

Hope you take the few minutes to fill out the app. Promise, it will be worth it. 🙂

• Like 1

I've been a Tyrs member for a few years now, starting in the Neverwinter chapter and moving to the GW2 chapter about 1.5 years ago.  I can say that in that 1.5 years the GW2 chapter activity has increased quite a bit!  As previously mentioned, we have planned activities 5/7 days of the week, with other spontaneous events occurring too.  Strikes, fractals, guild missions, dungeon runs, raids, and even some WvW (we checked that out as a guild during one of the restructuring betas, both WvW experienced folks and complete noobs to WvW) - Tyrs offers a variety of activities.  And don't be afraid to join if you've never done something before, any run for any activity can easily become a training run.  

And best of all, it's a group of mature folks who know how to have fun yet be drama free 🙂  So if that sound good head on over to the website and fill out an application!

Hope to cya soon!

Anmorata Warsong

• Like 1

we have groups every week for all kinds of content with plans to add more!!! we'll be adding in Dragon Response Missions soon, either Thursday or Sunday. we're also forming up groups to do the story together when EoD comes out. the game is always better when done with friends!!

Monday - Newbie Fractals - 8:30PM EST  
Tuesday - Fractal Nite - 8:30PM EST 
Wednesday - Dungeon Nite - 8:30PM EST
Friday - Guild Missions - 8:00 PM  EST
Friday - Raids - 9:00 PM EST
Saturday - Raids - 8:00 PM EST

Disa Wyrmhunter, co-Guild Leader

I've recently joined Tyrs and am happy to have done so!  It seems like a gamble whenever you are thinking of joining a guild in an MMO...you never know whether you will get lucky enough to join one with folks of a similar mind set.  This is one of the things that generally keeps me away from joining a guild until I absolutely must.

Well, I reached that point lately, where it was just no longer beneficial to me to remain solo and went looking for a guild to join.  I was not looking forward to it, but figured I needed to and soloing was getting boring.  I took a chance after looking at many guild ads here and there and settled on Tyrs.  I have to say, I hit the jackpot with them.  Great bunch of folks!  All seem to be very chill and helpful, knowledgeable and fun!  I've found my guild for the remainder of my time in GW2!  Maybe you will too...Take a chance today!  You won't regret it.

Grimcrag Stoneheart

• Like 1

I've been with Tyrs off and on for years. They're always a blast to hang out with, in Guild Wars and the other games they have set up shop in.

If you enjoy team oriented playstyles where camaraderie is valued over game experience, Tyrs could be a great guild for you. While we do offer weekly progression in both raids and fractals, there is also plenty of support for new and returning players. Come for the fun, stay for the people! 😁

• Like 1

Hi There,

Thank you for having me in Tyrs. This guild is completely amazing! Everyone gets along and is very helpful to both strangers and new members (returning too!).

There is always something to do, people to have fun with, and it greatly enhances the GW2 experience to be part of such a wonderful Guild.

Love it!

Ennyne

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SovietVixen.7396 said:

Maybe i am being picky, but doesn't the "30+" rule go against your "no discrimination based on age" rule? 😛 

SovietVixen,

while the majority of our members are 30+, we do have a few that are below that age, including one of our officers... we go on a case-by-case basis for anyone under 30. the "no discrimination based on age" is for that reason. 

if you are 30+ then it shouldn't matter to you. if you're not, then there would be a conversation on discord to see if you'd be one of those exceptions to the rule. if you're not actually interested in TYRS, then it's completely irrelevant.

Namaste,

Disa Wyrmhunter, co-Guild Leader