Almost giving up this game Mode

Sansar.1302

All ppl want to do is a boring pve capping with a 100% safety of having 3-4 times as many players.

Why do so many want to play PvE in WvW ?What fun do you get out of capping same camps back and forth? without any figths ? ( feels almost like win trading )(my server is responsible of this too )

It all comes to personal taste. I like to play WvW casually. I usually play late at the evenings/nights when it is more quiet. I like to go with small groups and focus on sieges, taking and defending objects and the occasional pvp fights. One of the greatest memories I had from WvW is saving a T3 keep throughout an outnumbered night by defending it from continuous attack waves and discovering the next day that it still held my guild flag.

To me, the fights are the boring parts, but keeping the supplies coming in, closing walls at the right time and using sieges to our advantage is what makes WvW enjoyable there sPvP is not. I like the hybrid PvE/PvP concept. Just like I loved the "Fort Aspenwood" mission in GW1: Factions above everything else.

They're either playing the game mode or they're waiting for your server response. Ask your server why they aren't responding.

Most players like to fight but not all of us are super stars and it's hard for people to break off even when they want to. People get it drilled in them to stick with squad and it's hard for a lot of players to willingly get killed a lot when they're more likely to face players who are trying to get them to rage quit than players who only want fights. This game mode is contained and not very big, they're not going to get away from you, so pull some out until their blob is smaller.

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:It all comes to personal taste. I like to play WvW casually. I usually play late at the evenings/nights when it is more quiet. I like to go with small groups and focus on sieges, taking and defending objects and the occasional pvp fights. One of the greatest memories I had from WvW is saving a T3 keep throughout an outnumbered night by defending it from continuous attack waves and discovering the next day that it still held my guild flag.

To me, the fights are the boring parts, but keeping the supplies coming in, closing walls at the right time and using sieges to our advantage is what makes WvW enjoyable there sPvP is not. I like the hybrid PvE/PvP concept. Just like I loved the "Fort Aspenwood" mission in GW1: Factions above everything else.

Most attempt to play WvW as intended.. until the 80 man karma train rolls thru and it becomes clear there is nothing for them to do that night, except maybe plead to anet on the forums.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"Sansar.1302" said:All ppl want to do is a boring pve capping with a 100% safety of having 3-4 times as many players.

its just how the game was designed to work many vs few.there used to be teams of 5+ "perma" stealth thieves ganking solo players.Used to?

Here's the simple truth of fighting:

5v1 win - "lol what a noob"5v2 win - "lol what noobs"5v3 win - "good fight they had same numbers"5v4 win - "good fight, our guild is best fighters"5v5 win - "they suck, cant even win when they outnumber us lol"5v5 loss: - "they suck, carried by meta lol"4v5 loss - "they suck, had to bring a guild lol"3v5 loss - "lol thief OP"2v5 loss - "lol what cheaters"1v5 loss - "lol what a cheater"

As a new player to GW2 and to WVW , I have a few observations as well as questions so far. Having played my fair share of mmo's over the last 15 years that feature open world pvp as well as pk including those that don't separate from pve , I'm not completely without experience. In fact, I specifically decided to give this game a try because of the WVW mode.

That being said, I have a lot of respect for those of you who have put in the time and effort over the years. Even with my experience , the variables in this game can seem daunting at times . So imagine yourself from the perspective of being a new player that's just getting involved in the mode for the first time. Also, I'm not in a guild and have only attempted solo roaming.

First off, I have three level 80's with elite skills . A rev , mesmer and a thief. I'm not playing the rev because from what I understand , the condition mallyx herald is considered broken and I had no idea which is disappointing ( yes I have the torment runes ) and I'd rather have more of a challenge. The mesmer and thief are a lot more fun and challenging , so I've played a bit with those two. I'm not running the perma stealth build on the thief atm but may decide to depending on how things play out.

So far I have experienced the following :

Encountering small groups of players who's strategy is to all simultaneously jump on me at the same time and spam skills . ( I'm guessing I look intimidating with my exotic noob armor and they don't want to take any chances )

Encountering solo players who run away from any type of engagement.

Being ganked by duo thiefs using perma stealth.

Running past players that are standing around in groups with enemy players having a conversation (lol really ? )

Having groups ride past me and not even bother killing me. ( Is anyone going to try and kill this noob )

Being hit for 10k by some sort of Platinum General ( wth , why can't I hit for 10k )

Encountering un killable players ( why can't I do any damage ? I'm hitting for 32k in pve )

Like clockwork in the evenings , massive groups come in for a few hours and zerg and then leave. I tried to tag along and follow the zerg because I have everything to get the mount except for taking a keep ( lol who's idea was that ) Anyone have a guide on how to solo a keep to get your warclaw lol. Do you know what it's like trying to run behind 80 players on mounts and being the only one on foot.

My questions are :

Why do I encounter unkillable players that take little or no damage even from three or more players ?Why is my damage so weak in comparison ? Were talking burst here not condition.Why do the largest amount of players only come in at night for a short time and then leave ?Is there an interest in pvp in WVW by players or are they just trying to complete objectives without any hassle. ( heard one guy complaining that someone interrupted his easy pips by going to red because of the outnumbered bonus. )

Also , it seems that after a certain time of day in the evenings, the same few people take over the chat and use it to bs . These are the same guys every night that don't seem to be playing the game but just talk about everything but the game. I really can't stand it to be honest. I don't know, maybe they are lonely and could just call each other instead of spamming the chat with moronic conversation about crap no one cares about.

So in an effort to reply to the OP , I'm trying to figure out if this mode is worth investing any more time into myself.

I know this was a bit lengthy , thanks for reading.

I rarely read these long comments as yours but it seemed worthy. As u are new to the game, I'll tell u to not invest yourself in it too much if u are looking for real competition. Its completely ruined by those who are looking for ez bags and ez karma train. We call them tankers, their goals is to not win so they can fight vs weak servers.

The only good aspects remaining of the game is the combat mechanic and friendships.

Sorry for that, this is the sad state of WvW. It could be a great game but ANET doesnt care to fix anything about stealth gankers and tankers.

Thank you for your reply, I greatly appreciate it. I know that was a lengthy post.

So then I'm guessing that ANET is neglecting WVW which I find interesting considering the fact that they are in the process of releasing new content and have over one million active players atm. If I'm not mistaken, WVW was one of the main selling points of the game years ago. It's difficult to find a decent mmo these days that has this feature and the combat is quite good imho. It's unfortunate really.

@noobfury.8167 said:As a new player to GW2 and to WVW , I have a few observations as well as questions so far. Having played my fair share of mmo's over the last 15 years that feature open world pvp as well as pk including those that don't separate from pve , I'm not completely without experience. In fact, I specifically decided to give this game a try because of the WVW mode.

That being said, I have a lot of respect for those of you who have put in the time and effort over the years. Even with my experience , the variables in this game can seem daunting at times . So imagine yourself from the perspective of being a new player that's just getting involved in the mode for the first time. Also, I'm not in a guild and have only attempted solo roaming.

First off, I have three level 80's with elite skills . A rev , mesmer and a thief. I'm not playing the rev because from what I understand , the condition mallyx herald is considered broken and I had no idea which is disappointing ( yes I have the torment runes ) and I'd rather have more of a challenge. The mesmer and thief are a lot more fun and challenging , so I've played a bit with those two. I'm not running the perma stealth build on the thief atm but may decide to depending on how things play out.

Encountering small groups of players who's strategy is to all simultaneously jump on me at the same time and spam skills . ( I'm guessing I look intimidating with my exotic noob armor and they don't want to take any chances )

Running past players that are standing around in groups with enemy players having a conversation (lol really ? )

Having groups ride past me and not even bother killing me. ( Is anyone going to try and kill this noob )

Being hit for 10k by some sort of Platinum General ( wth , why can't I hit for 10k )

Encountering un killable players ( why can't I do any damage ? I'm hitting for 32k in pve )

Like clockwork in the evenings , massive groups come in for a few hours and zerg and then leave. I tried to tag along and follow the zerg because I have everything to get the mount except for taking a keep ( lol who's idea was that ) Anyone have a guide on how to solo a keep to get your warclaw lol. Do you know what it's like trying to run behind 80 players on mounts and being the only one on foot.

My questions are :

Why do I encounter unkillable players that take little or no damage even from three or more players ?Why is my damage so weak in comparison ? Were talking burst here not condition.Why do the largest amount of players only come in at night for a short time and then leave ?Is there an interest in pvp in WVW by players or are they just trying to complete objectives without any hassle. ( heard one guy complaining that someone interrupted his easy pips by going to red because of the outnumbered bonus. )

Also , it seems that after a certain time of day in the evenings, the same few people take over the chat and use it to bs . These are the same guys every night that don't seem to be playing the game but just talk about everything but the game. I really can't stand it to be honest. I don't know, maybe they are lonely and could just call each other instead of spamming the chat with moronic conversation about kitten no one cares about.

So in an effort to reply to the OP , I'm trying to figure out if this mode is worth investing any more time into myself.

So to answer some of that in my opinion...

The unkillable builds are essentially just built to run, they have massive uptime of things like barrier, reflect, protection, and also teleports. Or you get the unkillible thieves that can use stealth uptime / cleanses + mount to just run forever. Your damage is probably weak due to the protection mostly, if it is SB it'd be weak no matter what you run because of dolyak stance + protection (covers everything).

The gankers are just that, I too have always seen thieve pairs and to this day I can't find a solution for that. I play Druid so I do have some stealth and protection / cleanses, but its the mobility of thief that doesn't allow a successful escape unless very close to a structure.

Think the night players are due to the mode being pretty stagnant so most people come around reset time no matter what day of week and play for a few hours. The chat thing is interesting...you wouldn't happen to be on ET or DH would you? I ask as I am on DH and have this same experience but with three players, one of which is a very well known 'quick automobile' (so as not to call out by name on forum and give an idea of who it is).

I'd try to find a friendly guild tag to get the rest of your mount--I know that in itself is pretty hard as most guilds are either obnoxious fight guilds or non-welcoming of new players (private tag). After that, the rest is up to you--you're staying or leaving will fully depend on the unique nuances of WvW and if you can tolerate them.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Sansar.1302" said:All ppl want to do is a boring pve capping with a 100% safety of having 3-4 times as many players.

its just how the game was designed to work many vs few.there used to be teams of 5+ "perma" stealth thieves ganking solo players.Used to?

5v1 win -
"lol what a noob"
5v2 win -
"lol what noobs"
5v3 win -
"good fight they had same numbers"
5v4 win -
"good fight, our guild is best fighters"
5v5 win -
"they suck, cant even win when they outnumber us lol"
5v5 loss: -
"they suck, carried by meta lol"
4v5 loss -
"they suck, had to bring a guild lol"
3v5 loss -
"lol thief OP"
2v5 loss -
"lol what cheaters"
1v5 loss -
"lol what a cheater"

This !! xD

@Dawdler.8521 said:

5v1 win -
"lol what a noob"
5v2 win -
"lol what noobs"
5v3 win -
"good fight they had same numbers"
5v4 win -
"good fight, our guild is best fighters"
5v5 win -
"they suck, cant even win when they outnumber us lol"
5v5 loss: -
"they suck, carried by meta lol"
4v5 loss -
"they suck, had to bring a guild lol"
3v5 loss -
"lol thief OP"
2v5 loss -
"lol what cheaters"
1v5 loss -
"lol what a cheater"

Pretty much, even sometimes due strange behaviours one does not know if theres a packect editing player or just the game screwing up, sometime i get confuse when ic players atacking like they had quickess but with no quickness boon on them, guardian down skill not knocking back targets that dont have stability, yeah its the game, always worked like this.

u forgot the wins on 1 vs 5, i dont need to know how i won but the build works :bleep_bloop:

The gap between cookie cuter builds and metas is still to large it could be the rock paper scizor effect but it isnt...

I don't have all the answers but i'll try giving my 2 cents based on my experience.

@"noobfury.8167" said:As a new player to GW2 and to WVW , I have a few observations as well as questions so far. Having played my fair share of mmo's over the last 15 years that feature open world pvp as well as pk including those that don't separate from pve , I'm not completely without experience. In fact, I specifically decided to give this game a try because of the WVW mode.

Gankers? Idk, i don't see that a lot honestly, but the ones i do see are usually roaming groups that are dedicated to flipping camps and towers and if you're in one of those, you get dead, simple as that, you're in their way.

In my experience they usually run to the big fight. They're not roamers. There's usually a big fight in one of the towers or keeps, they got killed and are now running back to keep fighting. Stopping to fight every single person that crosses their path is counter productive because the big fight is gonna be lost without numbers.

Yeah, that's "balance". Other professions lost half their skills for less but thief is fine...

Were they all in the same guild? Usually there's guild fights that sometimes happen very civilised (for lack of a better word), and sometimes they are there just to fight, not cap anything or whatever. When one side wins, they back off so the losing guild can rez people, then they fight again etc. It's a good friendly fight, and yeah, sometimes they talk.

Again. Guild raids. It's kind of considered rude to bully roamers when you're in a guild raid because realistically, in that situation you can't win against 20+ players. So they let roamers do their thing while focusing on finding other guilds to fight. I'm in one such guild and we never kill roamers, it's not fun to gank someone and it sucks when it happens to you so we don't do it. We're there for the bigger fights.

Balance. Ask anet. Also, if you're playing a Mesmer, that's why...

You're playing a mesmer right? The most gutted, nerfed, and left in the dirt profession today. What do you expect, to do damage? Everyone can outheal and outboon your entire burst and while your skills are on cooldown, theirs are not because for their burst, it usually takes 2 buttons. Thief to an extent as well, except, thieves can actually do damage sometimes. Now, yeah, i'm a bit exxagerating of course, but the point stands. Take your broken revenant roaming, you'll see the difference in effort required vs damage dealt. Again, "balance", ask anet why that is.

Yup, night crew coming to cap objectives. Usually open tags so you won't see all one guild in such blob. Such blobs also don't really have a code of conduct and they will gank you mostly because half of the players aren't on teamspeak or the commander's just making sure the roamers don't stick around to flip something as soon as the timer runs out. Those players are there for the score. Big fights will happen when capping objectives so people join in for that as well. As for the warclaw, it has a skill that gives its speed to players on foot so you must have gotten that at least once. Besides, swiftness is sometimes faster than a warclaw so just apply swiftness and try to keep up. It's not the end of the world if you fall behind a bit, you can always catch up. A blob will usually have to cata the wall or ram the gate anyway so you can catch up to them there and be ready when they enter. It's not a big deal. You'll get your warclaw, but in the meantime, just try to keep up. Also, if you're following a big group, it's always a good idea to join their squad and Discord/Teamspeak. That way you can follow where they go better, and be useful in fights.

My questions are :

Why do I encounter unkillable players that take little or no damage even from three or more players ?

Balance...?!."%%67?

Why is my damage so weak in comparison ? Were talking burst here not condition.

You're playing a Mesmer. They're only good for support, and even that's debateable. Ask anet why they hate mesmers so much.

Why do the largest amount of players only come in at night for a short time and then leave ?

Night crew for points. Sometimes they focus one server to get better matchups in the next relink, or go up a tier or whatever. But those are mainly point crews.

Is there an interest in pvp in WVW by players or are they just trying to complete objectives without any hassle. ( heard one guy complaining that someone interrupted his easy pips by going to red because of the outnumbered bonus. )

Join a fighting guild or a roaming guild. There's a lot of interest. I'm in one of those guilds and we only take objectives if we can guarantee a fight out of it. Otherwise we leave the capping to roamers and open tags. Like, we're going to start attacking bay or somethign to draw the enemy blob here to defend it, then we fight. It's a lot of fun. :smile: But you can't be solo in that group, you need to join the Discord/TS and work with the group. If you want solo (or mostly solo) experience, play sPvP, WvW isn't meant for soloing mostly. You can roam, but you get what you get out of that as you've seen. I used to roam a lot and it was a lot of fun killing people and fighting 1v1, but eventually you'll get ganked or ran over by a blob, that's just how it is, there's hundreds of players in WvW, you can't expect 1v1 fights all the time there.

Also , it seems that after a certain time of day in the evenings, the same few people take over the chat and use it to bs . These are the same guys every night that don't seem to be playing the game but just talk about everything but the game. I really can't stand it to be honest. I don't know, maybe they are lonely and could just call each other instead of spamming the chat with moronic conversation about kitten no one cares about.

You can disable certain chats so you don't have to see them, and you can also block people. Other than that, let people talk about what they want, why are you paying attention to it if you don't like it? Those people are probably dedicated WvW players and know everyone who also joins in their time and are probably having some inside joke, inside conversation in team chat or whatever, but you know, you don't have to read it, go about your business. If you're roaming, most of the team/map chat won't ever concern you anyway. Those are mostly for people to scout, link what's being attacked, emergency waypoint, and yes, people having inside jokes in team chat. Nothing you can do about that really. Live and let live. :smile:

Hope this gave you another point of view and was helpful at least somewhat. :smile:

@Veprovina.4876 said:I don't have all the answers but i'll try giving my 2 cents based on my experience.

@"noobfury.8167" said:As a new player to GW2 and to WVW , I have a few observations as well as questions so far. Having played my fair share of mmo's over the last 15 years that feature open world pvp as well as pk including those that don't separate from pve , I'm not completely without experience. In fact, I specifically decided to give this game a try because of the WVW mode.

Gankers? Idk, i don't see that a lot honestly, but the ones i do see are usually roaming groups that are dedicated to flipping camps and towers and if you're in one of those, you get dead, simple as that, you're in their way.

In my experience they usually run to the big fight. They're not roamers. There's usually a big fight in one of the towers or keeps, they got killed and are now running back to keep fighting. Stopping to fight every single person that crosses their path is counter productive because the big fight is gonna be lost without numbers.

Yeah, that's "balance". Other professions lost half their skills for less but thief is fine...

Were they all in the same guild? Usually there's guild fights that sometimes happen very civilised (for lack of a better word), and sometimes they are there just to fight, not cap anything or whatever. When one side wins, they back off so the losing guild can rez people, then they fight again etc. It's a good friendly fight, and yeah, sometimes they talk.

Again. Guild raids. It's kind of considered rude to bully roamers when you're in a guild raid because realistically, in that situation you can't win against 20+ players. So they let roamers do their thing while focusing on finding other guilds to fight. I'm in one such guild and we never kill roamers, it's not fun to gank someone and it sucks when it happens to you so we don't do it. We're there for the bigger fights.

You're playing a mesmer right? The most gutted, nerfed, and left in the dirt profession today. What do you expect, to do damage? Everyone can outheal and outboon your entire burst and while your skills are on cooldown, theirs are not because for their burst, it usually takes 2 buttons. Thief to an extent as well, except, thieves can actually do damage sometimes. Now, yeah, i'm a bit exxagerating of course, but the point stands. Take your broken revenant roaming, you'll see the difference in effort required vs damage dealt. Again, "balance", ask anet why that is.

Yup, night crew coming to cap objectives. Usually open tags so you won't see all one guild in such blob. Such blobs also don't really have a code of conduct and they will gank you mostly because half of the players aren't on teamspeak or the commander's just making sure the roamers don't stick around to flip something as soon as the timer runs out. Those players are there for the score. Big fights will happen when capping objectives so people join in for that as well. As for the warclaw, it has a skill that gives its speed to players on foot so you must have gotten that at least once. Besides, swiftness is sometimes faster than a warclaw so just apply swiftness and try to keep up. It's not the end of the world if you fall behind a bit, you can always catch up. A blob will usually have to cata the wall or ram the gate anyway so you can catch up to them there and be ready when they enter. It's not a big deal. You'll get your warclaw, but in the meantime, just try to keep up. Also, if you're following a big group, it's always a good idea to join their squad and Discord/Teamspeak. That way you can follow where they go better, and be useful in fights.

My questions are :

Why do I encounter unkillable players that take little or no damage even from three or more players ?

Balance...?!."%%67?

You're playing a Mesmer. They're only good for support, and even that's debateable. Ask anet why they hate mesmers so much.

Why do the largest amount of players only come in at night for a short time and then leave ?

Night crew for points. Sometimes they focus one server to get better matchups in the next relink, or go up a tier or whatever. But those are mainly point crews.

Is there an interest in pvp in WVW by players or are they just trying to complete objectives without any hassle. ( heard one guy complaining that someone interrupted his easy pips by going to red because of the outnumbered bonus. )

Join a fighting guild or a roaming guild. There's a lot of interest. I'm in one of those guilds and we only take objectives if we can guarantee a fight out of it. Otherwise we leave the capping to roamers and open tags. Like, we're going to start attacking bay or somethign to draw the enemy blob here to defend it, then we fight. It's a lot of fun. :smile: But you can't be solo in that group, you need to join the Discord/TS and work with the group. If you want solo (or mostly solo) experience, play sPvP, WvW isn't meant for soloing mostly. You can roam, but you get what you get out of that as you've seen. I used to roam a lot and it was a lot of fun killing people and fighting 1v1, but eventually you'll get ganked or ran over by a blob, that's just how it is, there's hundreds of players in WvW, you can't expect 1v1 fights all the time there.

You can disable certain chats so you don't have to see them, and you can also block people. Other than that, let people talk about what they want, why are you paying attention to it if you don't like it? Those people are probably dedicated WvW players and know everyone who also joins in their time and are probably having some inside joke, inside conversation in team chat or whatever, but you know, you don't have to read it, go about your business. If you're roaming, most of the team/map chat won't ever concern you anyway. Those are mostly for people to scout, link what's being attacked, emergency waypoint, and yes, people having inside jokes in team chat. Nothing you can do about that really. Live and let live. :smile:

Hope this gave you another point of view and was helpful at least somewhat. :smile:

sry but u keep talking about mesmer having no damge, that a joke? Its literally all it does and the only build used. A mesmer can install 20k out of stealth in secs and and has a ton of evades. This issue is thats all they have, if mesmers want more their definitely gonna have to lose some burst damage and lose some evade up time, although I do think while losing some evade uptime they need to balance mesmers evade uptime with having 2 dodges.That said mesmer definitely has tons of bursts.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:I don't have all the answers but i'll try giving my 2 cents based on my experience.

My questions are :

Balance...?!."%%67?

sry but u keep talking about mesmer having no damge, that a joke? Its literally all it does and the only build used. A mesmer can install 20k out of stealth in secs and and has a ton of evades. This issue is thats all they have, if mesmers want more their definitely gonna have to lose some burst damage and lose some evade up time, although I do think while losing some evade uptime they need to balance mesmers evade uptime with having 2 dodges.That said mesmer definitely has tons of bursts.

And yet there's tons of other professions that have am even bigger burst (without using all their skills like mesmers have to), evade, and tons of boons of top of that, infinte health refill, infinite "insert broken thing here", and can easily outheal anything a Mesmer can dish out.

But Mesmers have to give up something to keep the burst now? Are you joking? Firebrands are literally top of everything they want to build towards. How come no one is complaining how they should give up something to blah blah?

Newsflash - Mesmers have nothing left to give.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Here's the simple truth of fighting:

5v1 win - "lol what a noob"5v2 win - "lol what noobs"5v3 win - "good fight they had same numbers"5v4 win - "good fight, our guild is best fighters"5v5 win - "they suck, cant even win when they outnumber us lol"5v5 loss: - "they suck, carried by meta lol"4v5 loss - "they suck, had to bring a guild lol"3v5 loss - "lol thief OP"2v5 loss - "lol what cheaters"1v5 loss - "lol what a cheater"

Nah it goes more like -

Scout calls out zerg at objective.35v Empty tower.You show up, you stand there wondering whats going on, why all the guilds quit after HoT??35v solo tower lord.. he not doing too well.You wait for a min while your non existent servermates don't show up.You read an explaination in team chat about downtimes and to come back at certain hours and this and that.You log out and play a different game.

@Veprovina.4876

Thank you for your reply. This answered a lot of my questions.

I did get the mount by tagging along with a small group that was taking a keep during off hours.

Although I like the Mesmer's kit , I haven't had a lot of success with it. I have been experimenting with a hard mode S/D core thief build that uses no stealth skills at all and have had more success with that than the Mesmer based on the mobility, the timing however has to be perfect. I prefer a challenge so I'm having a lot of fun running around with that.

Overall the mode is fun but like all pvp games there are balancing issues. I've never played one that didn't have them. The big three way zerges kind of remind me of how ESO was back in the day before they added the CP system. Yes I did get run over by a few blobs also lol.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I do agree mesmers do have the highest burst in the game uncontested, but in order to land the burst you have to be near perfect at comboing all your skills in quick succession. For a burst to be that high a mesmer normally wasted all 3-4 of their utility skills in order to pull that off AND hoping clones don't die before the shatter goes off which btw clones give a HUGE tell on where the dmg is going to start, also mesmer utility skills all have a large cooldown.FYI mesmers dont do 20k off the bat nor is it 1 skill it is MANY numbers combined together to form a burst unlike other classes that can provide half the dmg with one weapon skill.

As far as evades goes no mesmers do not have more evades then other classes EVEN PRE-NERF, this is counting the class overall evade/block/dodge/reflect/invulnerability which all comes down to a form of dmg mitigation. This isn't even counting into the dodge mechanic yet.

Terms of dmg wise mesmer weapon sets provides no genuine dmg it is all from the shatter mechanics. They have significantly nerfed the dmg of phantasms and well lets not even mention blurred frenzy doing 2k max on all crit on a zerk set.

So I dont understand where this baseless rant is coming from.

@Salt Mode.3780 said:

I do agree mesmers do have the highest burst in the game uncontested, but in order to land the burst you have to be near perfect at comboing all your skills in quick succession. For a burst to be that high a mesmer normally wasted all 3-4 of their utility skills in order to pull that off AND hoping clones don't die before the shatter goes off which btw clones give a HUGE tell on where the dmg is going to start, also mesmer utility skills all have a large cooldown.FYI mesmers dont do 20k off the bat nor is it 1 skill it is MANY numbers combined together to form a burst unlike other classes that can provide half the dmg with one weapon skill.

As far as evades goes no mesmers do not have more evades then other classes EVEN PRE-NERF, this is counting the class overall evade/block/dodge/reflect/invulnerability which all comes down to a form of dmg mitigation. This isn't even counting into the dodge mechanic yet.

Terms of dmg wise mesmer weapon sets provides no genuine dmg it is all from the shatter mechanics. They have significantly nerfed the dmg of phantasms and well lets not even mention blurred frenzy doing 2k max on all crit on a zerk set.

So I dont understand where this baseless rant is coming from.

lol no dmg on weapon skills, maby in direct dmg it is not so impresive , still higer than ranger on weapon skill with same stats.( yes i know ranger have the pet too but if you are getting hit by ranger pet then you do something realy wrong)But when you look at condi too then mesmer are one of the classes that can dish out alot of condi dmg from weapon skills, only surpased by burn guard and condi rev.